• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Higgins retweeted a video or some dude who got his limit 50 foil CGC SS 9.8. It is an AP copy as well. Has there been any numbered limit 50 foils? My finch foils were xx/100

I have not received either my 100 or 50 foil nor have a I received a shipping notice

So here's what I can tell so far.

July 27th CGC updates their data to show 25 copies of Finch's Foil A (100 variant) and 22 new copies of "F Variant" (50 variant)
August 3rd adds an additional 26 Foil A's, 5 Montes' F Variants, and 17 Foil Edition B's
Guy who hoards half the stock complains to Higgins and gets placated by Higgins by getting numerous AP copies.

We know some APs and some signed copies of the Finch arrived at the same time by July 30th, so it's safe to say at least in the first batch not all were AP copies.

Here's the other interesting bit

On the back of a non-signed Montes foil, it states it's limited to 375 copies.
On the back of a non-signed Finch foil, it states it's limited to 275 copies.

If you double the amount of signed foils (because of the comp copies), you get 475 of each. So that's 25 copies unaccounted for. Could be for damage or could be AP copies. It's also curious that they have these limited to numbers when the whole reason was because they were selling additional copies in the first place. It's almost like they were preparing to give out the comp copies before people made a stink about it. Or maybe I'm just reading way more into this than I should.

Edited by Tnexus

Got a bit behind on my reading, but I read issue #6. I know it was a break/origin story of Radiant Red, but holy :censored:, they didn't slack on the storytelling. Great read. The non-superhero part of this series has a real way of connecting with readers.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:05 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got a bit behind on my reading, but I read issue #6. I know it was a break/origin story of Radiant Red, but holy :censored:, they didn't slack on the storytelling. Great read. The non-superhero part of this series has a real way of connecting with readers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Screenshot_20210815-211519_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 8/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks, It's not until tomorrow. The board's date and time must be set to someplace in Europe lol 

Mine was in July and I seem to remember the same lol

But maybe it'll mean 2 days of presents! :wishluck:

Latest issue was good I thought. Definitely has a MMPR feel right now. Hoping he focuses on the personal aspect a bit more than the superhero arc right now though.

Also that Blacklight variant for issue 10 is $$.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:47 PM, Tnexus said:

Latest issue was good I thought. Definitely has a MMPR feel right now. Hoping he focuses on the personal aspect a bit more than the superhero arc right now though.

Also that Blacklight variant for issue 10 is $$.

Yea, that's why I can't get into it. Reads as an adult themed MMPR.

My copy finally arrived and I'm told the free foil books are being shipped out next week now that everybody should have received their CGC order.
I've already listed my CGC SS 9.8 #8/100 on eBay with a starting bid of .99 and we'll see what the real interest is in the series. 
There are only 34 CGC SS 9.8s.  There won't be any more.

Edited by BobBain

On 9/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, BobBain said:

My copy finally arrived and I'm told the free foil books are being shipped out next week now that everybody should have received their CGC order.
I've already listed my CGC SS 9.8 #8/100 on eBay with a starting bid of .99 and we'll see what the real interest is in the series. 

Did you get both or just the Finch?

On 9/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, BobBain said:

Nearing the completion of that auction.  Looking good in that $400 range right now. :)

On 9/8/2021 at 5:26 AM, BobBain said:

I bought the set.  
Both arrived in 9.8 but I am holding on to the Helmet one in hopes of also getting it signed by Goñi Montes.

You must have got the only 9.8 copy of the Montes then.

I'm still waiting for my shipping notification. :( How long ago did you receive your set?

Edited by Tnexus