• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, williamblood said:

i bought signed 1:25 foil, way over priced for 500 print run, so cancelled every thing. 

Got it. On eBay? They were pretty fairly priced during the original offering. Think it was $35 and $50 non-CGC and $35 for CGC...I think. 

Sorry, but that's super scummy of them to do this. You don't advertise 50/100 and then magically a month later another 450 copies show up for sale. All they had to do was simply state unsigned copies would be sold at a later date. I certainly would not have purchased a signed CGC set if I knew I could get a raw that I could press and grade for much cheaper.

Yeah, it’s pretty messed up. Looks like Kyle is addressing it on his Twitter. I guess it’s nice that they won’t sign any of the foil outside of what has been done and they are matching signed copies with unsigned copies for those who purchased. 

Also, now I know image variants are 500 minimum. I didn’t know that. 

23 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Am I reading this correct.  Are you saying if we bought a signed foil they will also be send a unsigned copy to us as well? (shrug)

Yeah. For each copy you bought you will receive an unsigned to match. 
DDFCA89E-5F24-407E-93DA-BB5B7111D389.thumb.jpeg.d76d953dce94989f0bd1bb2ed1ea7a52.jpeg

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, it’s pretty messed up. Looks like Kyle is addressing it on his Twitter. I guess it’s nice that they won’t sign any of the foil outside of what has been done and they are matching signed copies with unsigned copies for those who purchased. 

Also, now I know image variants are 500 minimum. I didn’t know that. 

6 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. For each copy you bought you will receive an unsigned to match. 
DDFCA89E-5F24-407E-93DA-BB5B7111D389.thumb.jpeg.d76d953dce94989f0bd1bb2ed1ea7a52.jpeg

NICE!!!!  All I wanted was a helm foil cover unsigned anyway!  That yellow label is good as gone when I get it.

6 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

And here I just purchased:

Radiant Black #1 Cvr A Cho Radiant Black #1 Cvr A Cho
DEC200009

Radiant Black #1 Cvr B Ferigato & Costa Radiant Black #1 Cvr B Ferigato & Costa
DEC200010

Nothing wrong with those. I like Cover B. Story just getting started. Looking forward to see what the next few issues have in store to see if it’s worth following. 

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Nothing wrong with those. I like Cover B. Story just getting started. Looking forward to see what the next few issues have in store to see if it’s worth following. 

I agree. I'll likely purchase a few more copies at my LCS to be certain that I have some 9.8 copies because, as we know, pre-orders from online retailers are not guaranteed to be 9.8 at the number that I ordered (50 copies, for example, yes, a few 9.8 will be present). If I can find the ratio copies at a good price and they are 9.8 at my LCS I may purchase some.

43 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I agree. I'll likely purchase a few more copies at my LCS to be certain that I have some 9.8 copies because, as we know, pre-orders from online retailers are not guaranteed to be 9.8 at the number that I ordered (50 copies, for example, yes, a few 9.8 will be present). If I can find the ratio copies at a good price and they are 9.8 at my LCS I may purchase some.

Did you order any of the 2nd print? Looks to be sold out already on TFAW. 

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Did you order any of the 2nd print? Looks to be sold out already on TFAW. 

No, I may, but I typically stay away from subsequent prints. The only second and beyond prints that I purchased in the last few years (Edit: that I recall) were for Something is Killing the Children. I purchased five plus copies of each second through sixth print; I lucked out, at least at current CGC graded prices for them. I also went big, for me, on all copies of the first print. Have graded a few of each cover, all 9.8.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Qualify comment.

57 minutes ago, williamblood said:
1 hour ago, JOENAVY said:

No refunds im that guy. They are even rarer now.

how are they rarer? 450 more just became available.

He's probably referencing the fact that Kyle is not signing any foil books outside of the 50 and 100. So for people who collect SS, I guess that's a big deal. Not sure, though, since I don't. 

Edited by awakeintheashes