• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, it’s pretty messed up. Looks like Kyle is addressing it on his Twitter. I guess it’s nice that they won’t sign any of the foil outside of what has been done and they are matching signed copies with unsigned copies for those who purchased. 

Also, now I know image variants are 500 minimum. I didn’t know that. 

Doesn't Marvel/DC have minimums as well?  Just means anytime you see a less than 500 printing for whatever reason that is all they are releasing to the public.They could be keeping the rest for various purposes, giveaways or damage replacements, etc.

4 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Doesn't Marvel/DC have minimums as well?  Just means anytime you see a less than 500 printing for whatever reason that is all they are releasing to the public.They could be keeping the rest for various purposes, giveaways or damage replacements, etc.

marvel has 3k minimum on 1st cover, 1k on each additional

dc is 2500 minimum

boom is 500

image is 1k i think

42 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

They don't say 500 print. They state is as 500 sold.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, it’s pretty messed up. Looks like Kyle is addressing it on his Twitter. I guess it’s nice that they won’t sign any of the foil outside of what has been done and they are matching signed copies with unsigned copies for those who purchased. 

Also, now I know image variants are 500 minimum. I didn’t know that. 

i saw a discussion in a fb comics group over year and half ago alleging some of the more reputable exclusive cover producers were lying about their print run to falsify the rarity of the books thereby increasing the value of the hold back. the person was telling everyone that if they see covers stated at less than 5-6K it was a lie because that is what DC (in the discussion) requires to make them to print. he had conversations saved and was a part of the scam and was getting shafted on money so he was blowing it up in public. he was subsequently banned, rumors were passed around he was a pedo and the conversation was never allowed again. 

just some food for thought. 

4 hours ago, NWOslave said:

i saw a discussion in a fb comics group over year and half ago alleging some of the more reputable exclusive cover producers were lying about their print run to falsify the rarity of the books thereby increasing the value of the hold back. the person was telling everyone that if they see covers stated at less than 5-6K it was a lie because that is what DC (in the discussion) requires to make them to print. he had conversations saved and was a part of the scam and was getting shafted on money so he was blowing it up in public. he was subsequently banned, rumors were passed around he was a pedo and the conversation was never allowed again. 

like 95% of stores lie about print run, if a store uses the word "limited to" instead of "print run" their lying. any store that offer a marvel trade dress of less than 3k or 1k of a virgin, their lying

4 hours ago, NWOslave said:

I know exactly who you are talking about. Im sure others do too....

56 minutes ago, williamblood said:

like 95% of stores lie about print run, if a store uses the word "limited to" instead of "print run" their lying. any store that offer a marvel trade dress of less than 3k or 1k of a virgin, their lying

i saw your post about dc/marvel boom minimum numbers after i posted my story. do you happen to know what dynamite's minimums are? there is a szerdy dejah thoris #1 cover that was advertised at only 500 printed. i dont believe that but still bought it anyway cause i like his work. 

1 hour ago, NWOslave said:

i saw your post about dc/marvel boom minimum numbers after i posted my story. do you happen to know what dynamite's minimums are? there is a szerdy dejah thoris #1 cover that was advertised at only 500 printed. i dont believe that but still bought it anyway cause i like his work. 

i dont off hand, never collected those so never asked

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:
7 hours ago, NWOslave said:

Expand  

I know exactly who you are talking about. Im sure others do too....

Wow. Sounds like I missed this one. 

52 minutes ago, HotKey said:

Wouldn't publicly lying about a print run in an advertisement open a company up to FTC fines and penalties?

yes which is why stores say "limited to" instead of print run. limited to could mean anything, limited to that day, or website. which is why the extra copies get dumped at cons and ebay mostly

4 hours ago, williamblood said:

yes which is why stores say "limited to" instead of print run. limited to could mean anything, limited to that day, or website. which is why the extra copies get dumped at cons and ebay mostly

My understanding of the "truth in advertising" standard from the FTC is it can't be an outright lie or even deceptive or misleading. 

If they don't consider that practice to be misleading, maybe they need to re-examine their policies and how much money is in the comic/collectibles market and how that market is manipulated and influenced by these "print runs".

Does anyone know if they addressed this at any point in the past?

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

I missed this during my first read...I guess Savage Dragon exists in the Radiant Black universe. Not sure if it was a hat tip or something more to be explained later.

5E75D0C4-EB1D-429C-8509-034875D2F112.thumb.jpeg.c38fe80ef362e9627ed95d597d8f2ebb.jpeg

RB is supposed to be an entry way into a new Heroic universe for Image so hopefully they will pull the existing properties into it somehow.

And great catch, I didn't notice that.

INFERNO GIRL RED TAKES FLIGHT

INFERNO GIRL RED, the all-new original graphic novel project I mentioned in the last update, is now LIVE!

And, from a RADIANT BLACK standpoint? it’s no coincidence that we debuted INFERNO GIRL RED in the back of RB issue 1.

These two have to team-up, right? Well, that can happen! But only if this Kickstarter reaches its goal!

https://kyledhiggins.substack.com/