• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So..what is one to think about this auction?

32 posts in this topic

Please go to this FF # 5 auction.. First, look at the high bidder (currently "Beaumonts") and then the URL address the seller gives to access a higher quality image of the book beaumonts[/b]/Ff5.jpg.]http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/be/beaumonts/Ff5.jpg.

Both seller and high bidder are also registered from Canada, and if memory serves, we have a Beaumonts as a Board member?

...never want to assume the worst, but what exactly is going on here? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe beaumonts hosted it for him after asking for the big scan?

That's certainly a possibility. I really don't know, I just picked up on the similarities when reading through the auction description and thought it unusually odd. Maybe there is a logical explanation....

The reason the URL is Beaumonts is that I hosted several pictures for him on my Vendio Site. "Appx 10 in total" of the comics he had the most requests for additional scans. He is a fellow collector in the same city that I live in and I was able to go over and look at all the comics before they went up for auction. He also has almost a complete run of Spidey's coming up after this. I have known John for about 5 years and the way I met him was buying comics from him on ebay and picking them up at his house. I am not shilling I am just bidding on several comics that I would like to purchase. Much like in the Market Place when either one of us put items up on ebay. If any one has a problem with this please let me know. just trying to help a fellow collector out with some web hosting and at the same time would not mind getting the FF5 for way under guide.

The reason the URL is Beaumonts is that I hosted several pictures for him on my Vendio Site. "Appx 10 in total" of the comics he had the most requests for additional scans. He is a fellow collector in the same city that I live in and I was able to go over and look at all the comics before they went up for auction. He also has almost a complete run of Spidey's coming up after this. I have known John for about 5 years and the way I met him was buying comics from him on ebay and picking them up at his house. I am not shilling I am just bidding on several comics that I would like to purchase. Much like in the Market Place when either one of us put items up on ebay. If any one has a problem with this please let me know. just trying to help a fellow collector out with some web hosting and at the same time would not mind getting the FF5 for way under guide.

Not to be a , but . . . It still sounds a little too close to the line . . . and gives the "appearance" of impropriety 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bidding on auctions that you are actually contributing to, is a bit Pete Rose-ish, if you ask me. It's much different than the marketplace scenario, you refer to. grin.gif as we are all consumers there. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've PMed Beaumonts, offered to DELETE this thread, and left it up to him.

I honestly saw a discrepancy, and am glad that a sound explanation was offered for it. I intended, and indeed hope, no damage was caused to his or the seller's reputation.

I also hope his friend does well with his auctions, but if I caught the bidder/photo imaging connection, others might too. The auction description may need to be revamped to protect the integrity of the auction for all those who don't read these boards.

Not to be a , but . . . It still sounds a little too close to the line . . . and gives the "appearance" of impropriety 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bidding on auctions that you are actually contributing to, is a bit Pete Rose-ish, if you ask me. It's much different than the marketplace scenario, you refer to. grin.gif as we are all consumers there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't we all consumers on eBay as well? Or, at least, have the opportunity to be?