• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So..what is one to think about this auction?

32 posts in this topic

The reason the URL is Beaumonts is that I hosted several pictures for him on my Vendio Site. "Appx 10 in total" of the comics he had the most requests for additional scans. He is a fellow collector in the same city that I live in and I was able to go over and look at all the comics before they went up for auction. He also has almost a complete run of Spidey's coming up after this. I have known John for about 5 years and the way I met him was buying comics from him on ebay and picking them up at his house. I am not shilling I am just bidding on several comics that I would like to purchase. Much like in the Market Place when either one of us put items up on ebay. If any one has a problem with this please let me know. just trying to help a fellow collector out with some web hosting and at the same time would not mind getting the FF5 for way under guide.

Not to be a , but . . . It still sounds a little too close to the line . . . and gives the "appearance" of impropriety 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bidding on auctions that you are actually contributing to, is a bit Pete Rose-ish, if you ask me. It's much different than the marketplace scenario, you refer to. grin.gif as we are all consumers there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't we all consumers on eBay as well? Or, at least, have the opportunity to be?

Yes, of course, but I'm not hosting the scans of my sellers' auctions . . . I'm not questioning Beaumont's good intentions, but as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" 27_laughing.gif

The reason the URL is Beaumonts is that I hosted several pictures for him on my Vendio Site. "Appx 10 in total" of the comics he had the most requests for additional scans. He is a fellow collector in the same city that I live in and I was able to go over and look at all the comics before they went up for auction. He also has almost a complete run of Spidey's coming up after this. I have known John for about 5 years and the way I met him was buying comics from him on ebay and picking them up at his house. I am not shilling I am just bidding on several comics that I would like to purchase. Much like in the Market Place when either one of us put items up on ebay. If any one has a problem with this please let me know. just trying to help a fellow collector out with some web hosting and at the same time would not mind getting the FF5 for way under guide.

Not to be a , but . . . It still sounds a little too close to the line . . . and gives the "appearance" of impropriety 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bidding on auctions that you are actually contributing to, is a bit Pete Rose-ish, if you ask me. It's much different than the marketplace scenario, you refer to. grin.gif as we are all consumers there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't we all consumers on eBay as well? Or, at least, have the opportunity to be?

Yes, of course, but I'm not hosting the scans of my sellers' auctions . . . I'm not questioning Beaumont's good intentions, but as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" 27_laughing.gif

I hosted appx ten scans which John asked me to do after his auctions were already listed. As I stated before I would not mind getting the FF5 for a good deal but do no want to "lowball" offer John, If I get it through ebay great if someone else get's it that's ok too. I will not bid on anymore of these auctions as I will be probably hosting "some" scans for John in his next offerings of almost a complete run of Spideys. I will also abstain from bidding on fellow forumites auctions in the future as not so show any type of impropiety, I did this because a friend wanted me to host some scans and I bid on the FF5 " because it's very nice" and a couple of other comics because I would like to have them. It's as simple as that, I did not realize that it is different helping a fellow collector that I met in my city then helping a fellow forumite out in the same manner if requested. Oh well, live and learn.

Beaumont, but it is just so much more fun for some of these guys to assume the worst and to imagine that something sinister is going on. You know, you've ruined it for a lot of people here that wanted another conspiracy to banter about. thumbsup2.gif

Beaumont, but it is just so much more fun for some of these guys to assume the worst and to imagine that something sinister is going on. You know, you've ruined it for a lot of people here that wanted another conspiracy to banter about. thumbsup2.gif

Sid, I don't think there's any real conspiracy theory here, the poster asked for thoughts and opinions based on what he saw . . . period. hi.gif

Sid, I don't think there's any real conspiracy theory here, the poster asked for thoughts and opinions based on what he saw . . . period. hi.gif

Yes, I know, I was just egaggerating (sp?) in order to make a point. If the logical explanation wasn't posted soon, who knows where this thing would have gone? We've all seen it before, that's all. Nothing major here, keep movin' on......

Yeah...I didn't notice any piling on....... confused-smiley-013.gif

In fact, I think this thread is a great example of what happens when the "air is cleared" by a well-intentioned Forumite. Kudos to Beaumonts for clarifying the situation. Now, if only the FF 3 thread can have the same satisfactory resolution. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif