• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Increasing TCG Prices Questions
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

Many of you have probably received the recent email regarding the increase in prices for grading cards. I was wondering if a mod/admin could provide context to the following:

1) The email introduces the new prices by stating "Along with this change" (in reference to the Feb. 16th date for new charging procedures). I would assume that this means that new prices also start on February 16th? Or is this new increase in prices effective immediately?  Or is there a new date?

2) Whatever the date is that is clarified, does this mean that orders have to be placed before that date in order to qualify for the older pricing or do you? Or is it that you CGC has to receive the cards prior to that date? Or is it that cards have to be in the status of prepped for grading prior to that date?

Thank you in advance for clarifying these questions

• Administrator

Hello,

The pricing and charging changes take place on February 16th. Packages delivered to CGC before then will be charged the old rates.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry just after clarification. I have cards I will be submitting, if I submit them on the website on the 10th, and the prices are still at the old price, but the package arrives on the 17th will you be charging more than what was on the website when I submit it? 

from you other replies I see receiving is currently taking a week to open the packages, does that mean we need to get them delivered to you by day the 8th for you to have enough time to open them up before the 16th to avoid higher fees? 

• Administrator
On 1/31/2021 at 4:10 AM, Nathan Robins said:

Hi Paul,

Sorry just after clarification. I have cards I will be submitting, if I submit them on the website on the 10th, and the prices are still at the old price, but the package arrives on the 17th will you be charging more than what was on the website when I submit it? 

from you other replies I see receiving is currently taking a week to open the packages, does that mean we need to get them delivered to you by day the 8th for you to have enough time to open them up before the 16th to avoid higher fees? 

Yes. We sent the email to everyone and gave everyone a couple weeks to get packages to us. If they are late, they will be charged the new rates. 

We are basing this on when the packages are delivered, not the receive date. If your package is delivered on 2/15 and received on 2/18, you will still be on the old rates.

Paul