• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic The Gathering TCG Cards - Show us yours!
3 3

162 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Factually you do unless you want to play burn or death and taxes or whatever cheap aggro deck exist most of the time. The control & midrange decks are always the most expensive since the best control & midrange hands always beat the best aggro hands. And mulliganing with aggro is miserable.

And I dont see where your thinking I said there is no value. Im saying that its not good value. Its like living in NYC. Its pretty terrible value but its a fun place to be. And thats how I feel about Magic. Its a fun game, but its just bad value. 

Factually, you don't.

In your opinion it's "not good". That doesn't make it true for everyone. That's what makes Magic inclusive. ;)

16 hours ago, dikran1 said:

So I feel I'm in a weird purgatory where I reminisce about how cool Wheel of Fortune was but not to the point of saying let me cash in for a couple hundred bucks...

The way I look at it is, I no longer buy new cards, haven't played since the late 90s and have no plans to go back to playing so why am I keeping these cards? I might as well sell them, make a few bucks, and someone else can use of them/enjoy them. Sure, I can hold in hopes of values increasing even further but you can say that about all collectibles. 

Edited by Jeffro.

1 minute ago, Jeffro. said:

The way I look at it is, I no longer play and I no longer buy new cards. I also haven't played since the late 90s and have no plans to go back to playing so why am I keeping these cards? I might as well sell them, make a few bucks, and someone else can use of them. Sure, I can hold them in hopes of values increasing even further but you can say that about all collectibles. 

My older brother hasn't played in maybe a decade. I suggested that he sell, since he has some good vintage stuff, and maybe give his bulk to my brother who plays but doesn't buy singles. For some reason, he just wants to keep them locked in a closet never to be used again.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, dikran1 said:

Here are some recent pick ups, never ever saw any Betas locally back in the day so I jumped at the chance of picking up a few played UNCs. And Fork/Goblin Grenade was always my go to finisher 😂

B580584B-C8DA-425A-9F0B-597C20C381DC.jpeg

It feels like a Blue card, so I used to love it in my Red deck:

Reverberate | Premium Deck Series: Fire & Lightning | Star City Games

I played mtg a lot fourth edition on.  When I quit I sold my best cards to a LCS thinking the hobby would die off.  Big mistake.   Recently dug up what’s left and in addition to a lot of okay rares had a few nice surprises.

15C603C4-94BA-4A7A-8FC1-F5DF481FE4D3.jpeg

25FDD0BE-83F5-4CCC-BEBE-2475575E2208.jpeg

F28FA65B-83AE-4566-A32B-E1CC6C9F013E.jpeg

Edited by thehumantorch

On 2/26/2021 at 3:33 AM, Angel of Death said:

My older brother hasn't played in maybe a decade. I suggested that he sell, since he has some good vintage stuff, and maybe give his bulk to my brother who plays but doesn't buy singles. For some reason, he just wants to keep them locked in a closet never to be used again.

Mine are tucked away in the closet as well.  I haven't played since Tempest.  I enjoy the nostalgia factor and the ability to go back and look through the binders of cards from time to time.  For me at least, the value of holding my collection is greater than what I could get by selling them.

Well I used to buy packs  ( 1994) and then I would send them to the artist to get them signed and I got a few surprises back from a couple artists

Thinking about getting them graded.

First I got this back signed by frazier with a letter don't know why it's upside down

1791125982_IMG_0098-Copy.thumb.JPG.5361e853cd631ddcf9e589a40a7d9fb0.JPG

I also got these artist proofs from 2 other artist 

FRONT

MTGFRONT.thumb.jpg.2459836d3d14bb06b9501d6977a8f460.jpg

BACK

MTGBACK.thumb.jpg.c13772d6dbff0ac3663a573db8723476.jpg