• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic The Gathering TCG Cards - Show us yours!
3 3

162 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2021 at 5:12 AM, dikran1 said:

I bought this at launch thinking supply would be limited due to the pandemic... guess I was right :whatthe:

F024091B-EB75-4744-883D-1694D363AB8E.jpeg

I put one of these in my Muldrotha, the Gravetide commander deck. Seemed like the best home for it. 

On 3/10/2021 at 4:28 AM, Jeffro. said:

(sigh) I had four of those. Sold them too early. 

I've enjoyed going through my cards.  It was a fun game to play. 

Since I haven't played in years I decided to sell my cards.  I had planned to sell through ebay but found card kingdom's buy list and liked their prices and their website.  I did some online research and found quite a few positive reviews.  So I decided to send them a box.  By clicking through their buy list I can see what they want, how many they want, and what they pay for NM copies and I can place cards in their 'sell cart'.  I picked out 500 cards to send, a few good ones, lots of low value commons and uncommons and a sprinkling of good and not so good rares, packed them up and mailed them.  They received them a few days later, graded them within a few days and then sent me the money the next day via paypal.  They paid me about 80% of the NM value which was fine as some of these cards were beat up and most were played with and had some damage.  

I was so happy with the prices and service that I've continued to send in cards.  They've paid me for two boxes and are currently grading my third box and I just sent my 4th and probably final box.  Prices paid on the second box were in line with the first, about 80% of NM value and I expect that percentage of payout will continue.  I had an idea of what I could sell my cards for on ebay, if I spent the time to sell them piece by piece, and I expect I will receive about double that from Card Kingdom.   I found tons of cards on their buy list that they pay anywhere from 5 cents to a couple bucks don't seem to have value on ebay and that added up.

I'm very pleased with the payout and the service and I'm not hassling with shipping and lost items and listings, and there's no stress.  

I’ve also been enjoying going through  my collection but I’ve had the opposite reaction, rather than selling, I’ve started BUYING more!! 😂 

This game was such a large part of my 20s that I just started buying all those unattainable, at the time, cards... Even started looking at some more modern staples. I really think graded modern fancy cards will be a thing in the medium to long term and have a lot of untapped potential... 

23 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

I’ve also been enjoying going through  my collection but I’ve had the opposite reaction, rather than selling, I’ve started BUYING more!! 😂 

This game was such a large part of my 20s that I just started buying all those unattainable, at the time, cards... Even started looking at some more modern staples. I really think graded modern fancy cards will be a thing in the medium to long term and have a lot of untapped potential... 

I'm tempted.  Such an addictive hobby and the cards appeal to the collector in me.  I just can't see me playing again so it was time to start selling.  

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Since I haven't played in years I decided to sell my cards.  I had planned to sell through ebay but found card kingdom's buy list and liked their prices and their website.  I did some online research and found quite a few positive reviews.  So I decided to send them a box.  By clicking through their buy list I can see what they want, how many they want, and what they pay for NM copies and I can place cards in their 'sell cart'.  I picked out 500 cards to send, a few good ones, lots of low value commons and uncommons and a sprinkling of good and not so good rares, packed them up and mailed them.  They received them a few days later, graded them within a few days and then sent me the money the next day via paypal.  They paid me about 80% of the NM value which was fine as some of these cards were beat up and most were played with and had some damage.  

I was so happy with the prices and service that I've continued to send in cards.  They've paid me for two boxes and are currently grading my third box and I just sent my 4th and probably final box.  Prices paid on the second box were in line with the first, about 80% of NM value and I expect that percentage of payout will continue.  I had an idea of what I could sell my cards for on ebay, if I spent the time to sell them piece by piece, and I expect I will receive about double that from Card Kingdom.   I found tons of cards on their buy list that they pay anywhere from 5 cents to a couple bucks don't seem to have value on ebay and that added up.

I'm very pleased with the payout and the service and I'm not hassling with shipping and lost items and listings, and there's no stress.  

Do you have to sort the cards before you send them?  I have about 10,000 cards that I really never played with just collected.  Alot of revised and Ice Age and some fallen empires, then a mix of commons and uncommon from about the next 8 years with a sprinkling of rares,  then I have a mixture of like 3-4 sets every 3-4 years. I would collects a couple boosters worth of cards every few years basically.  Then probably about 3-4 boosters of stuff from about 5-6 sets ago was last time.  Its just a hodge podge of stuff I dont feel like going through lol

15 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Wow, 80% is pretty high. Hel, StarCityGames only offers 50%, or 75% if you choose store credit.

12 hours ago, magiconlineshop said:

Do you have to sort the cards before you send them?  I have about 10,000 cards that I really never played with just collected.  Alot of revised and Ice Age and some fallen empires, then a mix of commons and uncommon from about the next 8 years with a sprinkling of rares,  then I have a mixture of like 3-4 sets every 3-4 years. I would collects a couple boosters worth of cards every few years basically.  Then probably about 3-4 boosters of stuff from about 5-6 sets ago was last time.  Its just a hodge podge of stuff I dont feel like going through lol

Yes,, they want them sorted in the order of the invoice.  Essentially alphabetical by set and then alphabetical by name of card, foils first.  They also want you to remove your cards from sleeves so they can grade and process them quicker.

It's actually a lot of fun to go through your cards and add them to the cart and watch the amount they will pay increase.  It didn't seem like work to me and I'd laugh when I found cards they would pay $5 or $10 for that I thought were worthless.

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Yes,, they want them sorted in the order of the invoice.  Essentially alphabetical by set and then alphabetical by name of card, foils first.  They also want you to remove your cards from sleeves so they can grade and process them quicker.

It's actually a lot of fun to go through your cards and add them to the cart and watch the amount they will pay increase.  It didn't seem like work to me and I'd laugh when I found cards they would pay $5 or $10 for that I thought were worthless.

Seriously, there's quite a few uncommons commons from the mid-late 90s that I had no idea are actually worth money that I had to fish out of my bulk box... like dollar bin books that are suddenly worth something lol

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Wow, 80% is pretty high. Hel, StarCityGames only offers 50%, or 75% if you choose store credit.

I checked a couple other buying lists and  these guys paid the most.  80% of their mint price which must be lower than what they sell for as they are in business to make money.  But I've checked ebay prices and their mint price is pretty close to what ungraded cards are selling for on ebay.  I imagine they can sell for higher than ebay prices and perhaps they get some of the bigger, higher grade cards graded.

f you go to their site you can see what percentage they pay for cards in different condition from different sets.  Essentially they are paying 80% for newer cards and 70% for Alpha and Beta  1 grade below NM and then down from there.  Beat up Alpha and Beta is at 50% of their NM prices.  

They graded some of my cards NM and some low grade and many inbetween but the payout from my first two submissions is about 80% of what they would have paid for my cards if NM, which many aren't.  They also will give better payouts for trade.

5 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

Seriously, there's quite a few uncommons commons from the mid-late 90s that I had no idea are actually worth money that I had to fish out of my bulk box... like dollar bin books that are suddenly worth something lol

Absolutely.  Unfortunately I tossed out most of my commons years ago.

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

f you go to their site you can see what percentage they pay for cards in different condition from different sets.  Essentially they are paying 80% for newer cards and 70% for Alpha and Beta  1 grade below NM and then down from there.  Beat up Alpha and Beta is at 50% of their NM prices. 

How rude...

1 hour ago, dikran1 said:

You can use the site to find cards of value.  For instance if I choose a set like Urza's Saga, select commons only, and leave the card name blank, and sort it highest price offer to lowest, I find they're offering $7.50 or $9.75 in trade for common Priest of Titania - I sent in 4 for an easy $30 bucks I didn't expect.  Next highest common is Duress at 52 cents each and Goblin Matron also at 52 cents each.  Switching to uncommon, same search, I get Carpet of Flowers at $14 each or $18.20 trade followed by Goblin Lackey at $9.50 each and Rain of Filth at $3.70 each.  Switching to rare I get Gaea's Cradle at $660 cash or $858 in trade - I had a few of these that I sold a long time ago for very little :cry: .  4th down the list is Time Spiral at $180 each - I have two on the way now.

If I was still playing I would use absolutely trade cards I didn't use to acquire high value cards but I'm not so happy to cash in.

15 hours ago, magiconlineshop said:

Just checked Fallen Empires and commons and uncommons aren't worth much.  Ice Age has some surprises as they pay $8 for common Mystic Remora,  $7 for Dance of the Dead,  $4.40 for Fire Covenant, $4.40 for Swords to Plowshares.  Hell, they pay $1.35 for Ice Age Counterspell - think I sent them 8

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Just checked Fallen Empires and commons and uncommons aren't worth much.  Ice Age has some surprises as they pay $8 for common Mystic Remora,  $7 for Dance of the Dead,  $4.40 for Fire Covenant, $4.40 for Swords to Plowshares.  Hell, they pay $1.35 for Ice Age Counterspell - think I sent them 8

Those 2 sets (and probably Homelands) are pretty much dead money singles wise... The real money cards start in Alliances and beyond.