• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In-House Private Signing: Frank Miller & Klaus Janson
2 2

46 posts in this topic

Here's my post on the timeline:

According to twitter the Miller/Janson signing occurred this weekend. So, based on the CGC time-frame of 3 weeks for grading and 6 weeks for pressing and grading the expected turnaround dates are May 3rd and May 24th. Let's see how close they are (mine are in for pressing and grading).

On 2/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, iexx said:

I'm sending that one in too @Ed Hanes. I think it's a good Janson cover.

An FYI on Remarques:   You can get a single or double Remarque, but no signatures with those.  I wanted to get a Miller sig and Janson Remarque on a Dark Knight Returns, but it is not available.

I know, that sucks. And I don't get it why it couldn't happen.

8 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I know, that sucks. And I don't get it why it couldn't happen.

Me either. The exact example was in the ad lol... I emailed them, but alas no.

I'm not complaining though, still a great opportunity for sigs of my favorites.

they may be concerned about the order of the signing & remarque and worried that placement of the sig may impact placement of the remarque or versa vice, one could run into another, all sorts of fanboy nightmare scenarios.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

they may be concerned about the order of the signing & remarque and worried that placement of the sig may impact placement of the remarque or versa vice, one could run into another, all sorts of fanboy nightmare scenarios.

That's a good point. Of course I was ready with the signing locations all marked out and it was DK 1 which has oodles of space : )

I was thinking it might be “fun” to see if we can figure out how many DKR first printings were signed at this event. Below is the census report as of today since I don’t think any have made it through yet. Anyone want to guess what the final number will be? I guess I’ll look again around July.

826F1E97-AD79-425F-83C3-2DBD52EF5666.thumb.jpeg.b87d0aa5f498e8dcf4acbf35670702cd.jpeg

2 minutes ago, thesink said:

I was thinking it might be “fun” to see if we can figure out how many DKR first printings were signed at this event. Below is the census report as of today since I don’t think any have made it through yet. Anyone want to guess what the final number will be? I guess I’ll look again around July.

826F1E97-AD79-425F-83C3-2DBD52EF5666.thumb.jpeg.b87d0aa5f498e8dcf4acbf35670702cd.jpeg

Mine is in sfg right now Im hoping for a 9.8 .but those are hard to come by with this book. ..I’m guessing another 700 books..

I submitted a number of books, and one of them went to "Scheduled for Grading" today as well. It was pressed, but also submitted pretty early after the signing was announced. The rest are still showing "Received."

So the stats are now changing with 20 Signature series books added. Another interesting thing that should come of this is that there should be a change in universal graded books as they've been cracked and at least some will include the cracked label (or CGC will) and remove it from the census (you can see that the universal 9.6's decreased by 1 from 1209 to 1208). My guess is 750 DKR books are signed at this event. 

image.png.c9af6696b239bc23adf387c3c7ef2d1a.png

2 hours ago, Rotcod said:

Got my book back. Now triple signed and with Miller and Jansen remarques.

So cool.

20210511_123713.jpg

20210511_123721.jpg

20210511_123728.jpg

That is really, really cool. Great book! I absolutely love that run - still waiting for mine to move to grading. Come on fellas!

Edited by Matt1982

On 5/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, Rotcod said:

Got my book back. Now triple signed and with Miller and Jansen remarques.

So cool.

20210511_123713.jpg

20210511_123721.jpg

20210511_123728.jpg

Any idea approximately how long your book sat in the "Grading/Quality Control" stage? 

16 hours ago, Matt1982 said:

Any idea approximately how long your book sat in the "Grading/Quality Control" stage? 

It went to Sched. for Grading on April 28th. 
"Scheduled" delivery was May 10th. FedEx lied and said the business was closed and was unable to deliver (they do this, I believe, when they have too many packages to deliver and want to quit early). 
I believe it only was in that stage for 2 or 3 days and sat in the grading stage for almost all of the rest of the time.