• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Tcg—- Show off your cards!!!!

142 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Great stuff toybot, I’ve considered picking up some of those Lunar Pikachu packs, not sure why I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 

Thank You!

They went up alot. There's some other super great finds elsewhere. If the wife wouldn't kill me, I'd pull the trigger on like 4 cases of what I am eying right now. Aaaaargh.... I got away with the cereal cause she don't really pay attention to that. But she would definitely flip out if I spent $2,500 more. Argh..

20210405_173019.thumb.jpg.493a17a50a2c7257b21b58c148a87285.jpg

10 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Thank You!

They went up alot. There's some other super great finds elsewhere. If the wife wouldn't kill me, I'd pull the trigger on like 4 cases of what I am eying right now. Aaaaargh.... I got away with the cereal cause she don't really pay attention to that. But she would definitely flip out if I spent $2,500 more. Argh..

20210405_173019.thumb.jpg.493a17a50a2c7257b21b58c148a87285.jpg

Where do you live, your the reason I can’t find cereal! Just kidding haha. Of course she’s gonna flip, we’re spending tons on cards haha, you just have to explain to her, it’s just fun 

12 minutes ago, JoeRock said:

Where do you live, your the reason I can’t find cereal! Just kidding haha. Of course she’s gonna flip, we’re spending tons on cards haha, you just have to explain to her, it’s just fun 

I fear it's the explaining part that upsets her the most.

I feel the less she knows, the happier she will be lol

20210404_160641.thumb.jpg.fc1a756aae9c843fa33b9e8f798924c6.jpg

Btw I live not so far from this store lol.

Funny part? I know there's a Walmart with likely twice as many of these 10 mins away :)

I might pay a visit tomorrow lol

Edited by Toybot

38 minutes ago, SilentMonkee said:

Freshly graded today.  I was hoping for a slightly better score, but this isn't bad.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3814045001/

Congrats on an awesome card! Mine came back an 8, but with a light binder ring dent I was super happy with the grade.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3783372002/

On 4/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, Toybot said:

Funny part? I know there's a Walmart with likely twice as many of these 10 mins away :)

Is the other cart full of milk? lol

On 4/5/2021 at 10:12 PM, Toybot said:

You look like me when it dropped the first day a few months back 😂IMG_20210204_134322.thumb.jpg.ef6a11f30a4a4fdcff2696144bea4dde.jpg

7 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

You look like me when it dropped the first day a few months back 😂IMG_20210204_134322.thumb.jpg.ef6a11f30a4a4fdcff2696144bea4dde.jpg

LOL. You got the Cinnamon Toast too! Was the majority of what I could even find. I ended up going to the other store but it turned out they had like half of the 1st store like 1 day apart. I even spent twice the time rummaging through all the back to find every single last one and only ended up with like 15. Even the Pikachu Pokemon Cereal only had ONE red one(they come in green, blue, and red). Like wow that went fast. Still, at the end I got an extra 50something packs added and a ton of cereal to donate.

Did you keep your boxes? I got mine in some moving boxes. It was so many I ended up cutting the glue at the top to allow me to fold the boxes for most of the toast crunch. The rest are still just bottom cut to take the cereal/pack out. I was quite surprised how easy the whole thing was. I guess it comes natural since I was ALWAYS that kid who was super careful opening anything not to damage it unless it becomes inevitable and I just rip the whole thing apart.

I watched some people opening packs on youtube and literally am shocked at how abusive they are opening the whole thing. I used to use exacto knives to perfectly cut the wrappers and was always so careful in removing the cards. I regret not keeping the wrappers and boxes cause I didn't think they would actually ever be worth anything. Still, I am starting to get why Japanese cards get graded so high lol 

Edited by Toybot

1 minute ago, Toybot said:

LOL. You got the Cinnamon Toast too! Was the majority of what I could even find. I ended up going to the other store but it turned out they had like half of the 1st store like 1 day apart. I even spent twice the time rummaging through all the back to find every single last one and only ended up with like 15. Even the Pikachu Pokemon Cereal only had ONE red one(they come in green, blue, and red). Like wow that went fast. Still, at the end I got an extra 50something packs added and a ton of cereal to donate.

Did you keep your boxes? I got mine in some moving boxes. It was so many I ended up cutting the glue at the top to allow me to fold the boxes for most of the toast crunch. The rest are still just bottom cut to take the cereal/pack out. I was quite surprised how easy the whole thing was. I guess it comes natural since I was ALWAYS that kid who was super careful opening anything not to damage it unless it becomes inevitable and I just rip the whole thing apart.

I watched some people opening packs on youtube and literally am shocked at how abusive they are opening the whole thing. I used to use exacto knives to perfectly cut the wrappers and was always so careful in removing the cards. I regret not keeping the wrappers and boxes cause I didn't think they would actually ever be worth anything. Still, I am starting to get why Non-Japanese cards get graded so high lol 

I've been slowly giving the bags away. Kept some of the boxes. Got like 30 from two stores. The ones that got shipped like 2 months back were all CTC as far as I know.

9 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I've been slowly giving the bags away. Kept some of the boxes. Got like 30 from two stores. The ones that got shipped like 2 months back were all CTC as far as I know.

You can go online and find an IRS approved donation center that will write you a slip to deduct some of your taxes. It's not alot but I guess I like to even keep the bones to make soup :) 

Also if you don't keep the receipt, you can take a picture at the stores barcode/price thing on the shelf to show how much the cereal cost. At least the donation center I go to doesn't care if they come in bags or not.

Also you can go on amazon and get "art sleeves" for not that expensive to put them in. I still haven't ordered mine yet as I haven't had the chance to properly measure everything as I have to McGyver something for the bottom only cut boxes. Family size is impossible to find a proper protective sleeve like the funko cereal. Only display cases that cost $30 each. Yeah, that's like half of what I paid for my booster box cases... And I get it cause of size/shipping but still argh....

Edited by Toybot

On 4/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, SilentMonkee said:

Freshly graded today.  I was hoping for a slightly better score, but this isn't bad.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3814045001/

Wow, that's a really nice card. I too have a 1st Edition 'zard that I'm waiting to get back from grading.  My card is very clean also, but sometimes impossible to say if it will get a 8.5 or a 10. 

Sooooooooooo..... this is what happens when you walk past the center aisle where no one ever takes cereal from and notice a pikachu on one box.

20210409_162232.jpg

And after going through all those boxes and everything before, I sit at a total of 104 packs(all from family size) 90 from toast, 8 cocoa puffs and 5 trix. Damn that alot of packs lol

20210409_193401.thumb.jpg.8668fb1b8647a3623582b3c8f21bf969.jpg

Edited by Toybot

3 hours ago, Toybot said:

Sooooooooooo..... this is what happens when you walk past the center aisle where no one ever takes cereal from and notice a pikachu on one box.

20210409_162232.jpg

They let you buy them by the case? Wow...where I'm at it is nearly impossible to find a few boxes...

3 hours ago, Joshuamccracken34 said:

D019CDD4-32DC-4334-838F-540EAA595B8E.jpeg

7D0A0A80-B3EB-4892-BE72-5FB1A4D82C79.jpeg

80BB105C-A522-49EC-85C3-84B30951A875.jpeg

CC017320-3E19-4E1C-8CC6-12FD43695C0B.jpeg

All 10's except the centering on the Charizard...bummer. Still, good one to have though. Mine came back as a 9 too though I expected at least a 9.5.

1 minute ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

They let you buy them by the case? Wow...where I'm at it is nearly impossible to find a few boxes...

They did not let me buy it by the case, they let me buy it by the caseS. lol

So here's my heads up to all those who wish to get a great deal. I got my slice of meat and I wish to share with you all what I can't buy right now.

Kanto Power Collection is WAY undervalued for those who want XY Evolutions.

They are selling at $200(I got mine for $176 shipped, seller has like 7 more boxes).

Assume the box comes with ONLY 10 Factory Sealed(Like a 10 Pack Sealed Booster Box).

That's $20 per pack where Factory Sealed Booster Boxes cost $1,000 or $28 per pack.

Buying 3-4 of these boxes is like buying a Sealed Booster Box for $720 that can be sold off in parts.

Now coming back to reality- These Factory Sealed Boxes come with more than just 10 packs and is way more fancy/shiney than a box.

If a Factory Sealed Booster Box is $1,000($28/Pack), than these boxes should be priced at $320-350($32-35/Pack). Bare minimum should be $280 just to match the Booster Box.

Here's a SS of my Ebay Order of 5, I'll post pictures when it comes in!

1510014995_KantoPowerCollection.jpg.761fa1039b9aa5e64a383ff43265a6a7.jpg

There's a Dragonite Version but I like Mewtwo WAY more so I got Mewtwo.

Happy Hunting!

EDIT:

So I started down a somewhat medium size hole after looking more and more into these Battle Box stuff.

Turns out there's a very large selection of these types of boxes with varying degrees of gains. Some have random packs while ones like what I got have strictly defined packs and in large numbers(10s alot when 4 is more the norm). Right now, the best deals I feel is still the Kanto Power Boxes at 10 XY EVO cards and then the Hatterene/Dubwool with Champions Path. Alot of the other boxes have packs that are, lets say a mix of S-F tier while these boxes are only S tier packs.

I did buy quite alot of other boxes but that's also cause I do LOVE Jumbo Cards and patiently wait for CGC to give a REASONABLE service here. Have you guys seen the graded slabs by BGS/PSA? They are clownishly huge compared to the size of the card. I hope CGC can see this and offer something that doesn't look silly like the current offerings. Then after buying those Boxes I realize people pay so little for the Jumbo Cards that I ended up finding less then $0.50/Card Deals on well kept cards in sleeves. Don't regret the boxes cause I know I can sell them anytime at a gain.

Edited by Toybot