• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pokemon Tcg—- Show off your cards!!!!

142 posts in this topic

Finally got some of my old cards back. I knew the Moltres would be low with the obvious centering issue. Was hoping the others would hit 9.5 but it's all good...I'll post one more later.

Moltres.png

Lt. Surge's Raichu.png

Pikachu.png

Blaine's Moltres.png

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

I have a rare NON-holo shadowless 99 #4 charizard I believe to be a misprint card, the only one I can find like it is a base set 2 NON halo misprint. Does anyone know anything about it? It’s not mint but for 22 years old and kept in a sleeve ever since is pretty good. 

D6FE0ABB-BAFB-4500-BC95-94879A0262EB.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Jared Presser said:

I have a rare NON-holo shadowless 99 #4 charizard I believe to be a misprint card, the only one I can find like it is a base set 2 NON halo misprint. Does anyone know anything about it? It’s not mint but for 22 years old and kept in a sleeve ever since is pretty good. 

D6FE0ABB-BAFB-4500-BC95-94879A0262EB.jpeg

It looks fake to me. But I would just send it in to be graded and see what they say.

56 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

It looks fake to me. But I would just send it in to be graded and see what they say.

Thank you for the response, yes I am trying to dig as much as I can before I send it in any where. I am pretty new to this so trying to learn everything I can. But do you think they were making fake cards when I was 11 in 99? I specifically remember the day when I traded a holo zapdos for this card as a kid. 

10 minutes ago, Jared Presser said:

Thank you for the response, yes I am trying to dig as much as I can before I send it in any where. I am pretty new to this so trying to learn everything I can. But do you think they were making fake cards when I was 11 in 99? I specifically remember the day when I traded a holo zapdos for this card as a kid. 

It's hard to say without seeing it, but if you take it out of the sleeve is it flimsier than a regular card or the same? That's one basic test to start with. Also there are several good videos of identifying fake trading cards online, I'm just not in a position to post one at the moment or I would. There are also online databases for card sets that show every card that was made so I would look through those as well.

3 hours ago, Jared Presser said:

This is a fake card. The easiest way to tell is the "star" pattern where the holo would normally be. On an authentic card that pattern is not printed on the card. Rather, the stars are part of the foil that is overlayed on the card stock.

Therefore, if there is no foil layer there would be no "stars" in the art. Your card was produced via photocopier, which is why there are stars.

1 hour ago, SayNoToNFCs said:

This is a fake card. The easiest way to tell is the "star" pattern where the holo would normally be. On an authentic card that pattern is not printed on the card. Rather, the stars are part of the foil that is overlayed on the card stock.

Therefore, if there is no foil layer there would be no "stars" in the art. Your card was produced via photocopier, which is why there are stars.

Interesting, thank you for the response. Obviously not the news I wanted to hear, but is what it is. It's pretty crazy to know that someone was making fakes way back then before these things were even worth anything. 

5 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

It's hard to say without seeing it, but if you take it out of the sleeve is it flimsier than a regular card or the same? That's one basic test to start with. Also there are several good videos of identifying fake trading cards online, I'm just not in a position to post one at the moment or I would. There are also online databases for card sets that show every card that was made so I would look through those as well.

Yea it seems pretty consistent with the tensile strength of the card, if that’s the correct verbiage to use, but another user has posted about the stars making if fake. Bummer. Any takers? lol 

I found all my old pokemon cards. I have not been up on pokemon cards in probably 15 years. What sites would you guys recommended looking at to see what is worth grading overall? I believe I have everything from the first few sets(I dont think I have any actual 1st editions, but the "normal" editions?) Ill edit to add a picture of the first box i opened.

A32CCC58-3316-42B9-AE68-4D3CAD3728C7.jpeg

Edited by Scoobydiesel
Added photo

9 minutes ago, Scoobydiesel said:

I found all my old pokemon cards. I have not been up on pokemon cards in probably 15 years. What sites would you guys recommended looking at to see what is worth grading overall? I believe I have everything from the first few sets(I dont think I have any actual 1st editions, but the "normal" editions?) Ill edit to add a picture of the first box i opened.

That shadowless Venusaur might be worth a couple hundred raw if it's in decent condition.

Search Ebay for prices or pokemonprice.com

On 6/22/2021 at 10:07 PM, Scoobydiesel said:

The umbreon is one of the most valuable in these cards. Even in played condition. It looks like i see a first edition stamp. Nice!