• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions About Extended+Delayed Turnaround Times
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm posting here because I was wondering about my most recent submission to CGC. When I submitted it, the turnaround time was 45 days for Economy trading cards. Since then, CGC announced that the wait time for Economy shipping will be extended to 60 days turnaround time. With that said, it has been over 60 days since I submitted, and my submission is still on received. It's been 65 days since I submitted them. I'm wondering what's going on with that, and is anybody else experiencing the same thing as me? Looking forward to see responses from y'all, thanks!

• Administrator

Hello, please note that our turnaround times are stated in business days, not just days and are only our best estimate at the time. I looked up your submission and it has been received and verified and should be going to grading soon.

Paul

They’ve had two of my books for modern grading for 4 months!!!!! today. I’ve tried to contact them and ask about the hold up and they’ve honestly been kind of rude about it. They were just like “it takes that long for pressing if you would’ve looked it up you would’ve seen that”. First of all no it doesn’t, I’ve sent you guys enough books to know that and second this makes me never want to send anything besides signature series books to CGC ever again. I can’t wait six months to have a book pressed and graded. It’s obvious that they’re prioritizing the signature events first. Which is completely understandable. But I have dozens of books ready to go to CGC and I’m holding off on sending them to see how long it takes to get these two back. Thinking of a six month turn around for modern grading books is very disheartening

49 minutes ago, tylerindo said:

Still waiting on a book from over a year ago. I submitted it through a shop called 'we have issues' and they won't give me an update. How can I track this, or does the shop do that?

You used a middle man service?....

I'm in the same boat I have submitted over 100 dollars in comics (7) to be exact.  They received them November 12th and December 10th and the turn around time then was 145 now it is 195.  This is ridiculous.  CGC  turnaround times have an effect on the current resale comic market increasing the value of graded comics being sold.  There are other grading companies we may need to explore.   Time's keep increasing what if I look tomorrow will turn around times be 200 days or longer.  Maybe PGX or CBCS will need to be explored

I thought I'd look again at the turn around time and "YES" they have increased once again.  They last time I looked was when I wrote my last post Feb. 17th since then it is now 220 turnaround days.  I expect it will take a year next time I look.  RIDICULOUS!!  SERIOUSLY!  Slabbed comics have double from FVM on the resale market because of this, because no one can get the comics graded.  Which in turn makes these resellers increase there prices on the graded comics they where lucky to already have graded knowing that CGC will take a year before grading your submission.  I have already seen ungraded comics sale way above the FVM on eBay and MY Slabs.  Have a great day everyone happy hunting :) 

On 3/5/2022 at 3:31 PM, Shannon197 said:

I thought I'd look again at the turn around time and "YES" they have increased once again.  They last time I looked was when I wrote my last post Feb. 17th since then it is now 220 turnaround days.  I expect it will take a year next time I look.  RIDICULOUS!!  SERIOUSLY!  Slabbed comics have double from FVM on the resale market because of this, because no one can get the comics graded.  Which in turn makes these resellers increase there prices on the graded comics they where lucky to already have graded knowing that CGC will take a year before grading your submission.  I have already seen ungraded comics sale way above the FVM on eBay and MY Slabs.  Have a great day everyone happy hunting :) 

You're in the trading card section.... bulk TAT has dropped dramatically the last 3 weeks down to 60 days. I can't speak for the comic side...

On 3/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

You're in the trading card section.... bulk TAT has dropped dramatically the last 3 weeks down to 60 days. I can't speak for the comic side...

I was just following the rest of the post here they also are talking about comic books and extended grading times.  I thought i was in the comic section