• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's THE LAST OF US starring Pedro Pascal (2023)
4 4

274 posts in this topic

Watched it tonight, generally well received in the room.  Going to be interesting to see how/if they explain some of the things going on there.  My personal view is that post-apocalyptic humans-transformed-into-mad-killers stories are all pretty much the same so it's going to be hard to make this interesting to me long-term.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Watched it tonight, generally well received in the room.  Going to be interesting to see how/if they explain some of the things going on there.  My personal view is that post-apocalyptic humans-transformed-into-mad-killers stories are all pretty much the same so it's going to be hard to make this interesting to me long-term.

Agreed.  I am unfamiliar with the franchise (other than I knew it was based off a video game) and I was able to figure out some things before they happened.  Stilll, liked it as I said.  But it will be hard (I think) for them to keep it from playing out totally different if it goes on too long.