• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's THE LAST OF US starring Pedro Pascal (2023)
4 4

274 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, bentbryan said:

There was only one thing that bugged me about this episode. You have this survivalist who we see makes a massive effort to secure and fortify his homestead however when the crappola hits the fan and the raiders attack what does this well-prepared survivalist do? Why, he runs right out into the middle of the street with zero cover! And gets shot.  doh!

I thought the exact same thing. He could have been sniping them but to stand out in the middle of the street!?? 

I am liking this show. I have zombie fatigue like superhero fatigue so was going to pass, but had a few friends suggest this show for me as I did play the first video game back in the day.

Got to admit the third episode was a tear jerker.

I expect that episode will be nominated for a few awards.

Can't wait until episode 4.

Reminds me of Walking Dead first few seasons. High quality.

Ep 4 wasn't my favorite thus far...a bit too predictable, but still good.  It felt more like what actual "civilization" would be if something like this occured in real life.

Coming in ignorant to the video game and decided to start with the available episodes with a HBO Max free week from Xfinity. Got through the first two episodes and will give 3/4 a run before the week finishes.

Have to admit the reason I stopped watching The Walking Dead and didn't get into any of the spin-offs was a combination of Apocalypse fatigue and story repitition. 

Did like this one had an origin story

Thought the "infected" were comical in appearance with the big heads - maybe intentional shout out to the video games

Typical "police state" in quarantine one and the required "resistance" - maybe I missed it but not sure what they are fighting against, if just the "police state" don't find that compelling in the situation of the world has crumbled 

Yet another kid who is annoying - didn't recognize her at first from Game of Thrones but thought it was the annoying Princess Leia kid from Obi-wan. 

Will give the rest a shot 

Continues the high quality with episode 4. I call it the road trip episode.

That cliffhanger makes me can`t wait until episode 5 this Friday.

Also inside joke to people who watched episode 4. 

I want to eat this now. ha ha .

Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce, Microwave Pasta, 15 Oz

Edited by The humble Watcher lurking

On 2/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

It was a go to as a kid for sure!

On 2/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I will send you the 20 year old can from the very back of my cabinet. :sick:

I did like the way this ep addressed the issue with old gas and having to change it quickly.  I don't think WD ever really said anything about it.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:28 PM, piper said:

I loved the song at the end of the episode.

Good tune..the performer is Anna Lynne Williams.  Also like the Hank Williams tune mid episode.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, s-man said:

Good tune..the performer is Anna Lynne Williams.  Also like the Hank Williams tune mid episode.

I recognized it immediately as an up tempo New Order song.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, s-man said:

Ep 4 wasn't my favorite thus far...a bit too predictable, but still good.  It felt more like what actual "civilization" would be if something like this occured in real life.

Felt like basically 10 seasons of Walking Dead.  I'll see watch to see where it goes but other than episode 3 there really has not been much different then we have seen a hundred times already.

On 2/7/2023 at 8:27 AM, 1Cool said:

Felt like basically 10 seasons of Walking Dead.  I'll see watch to see where it goes but other than episode 3 there really has not been much different then we have seen a hundred times already.

I am finding Joel  and Ellie more likeable than Rick and Michonne.

:fear:

On 2/7/2023 at 1:45 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I am finding Joel  and Ellie more likeable than Rick and Michonne.

:fear:

I'll give you that (but not by much) but Walking Dead had so many cool characters (even in the beginning) that it was easier to be into that show.  It helped that they were the 1st.  

Edited by 1Cool

4 episodes in and I am enjoying it very much.

What I like about the TV show is that it is sufficiently different from the Video games as to not interfere with the games foundation.

The Games rule all in every single way. The acting (voice), the plots, the scenarios etc etc. The TV series is an enjoyable variant and tangent. No matter how good it gets it will never match up to the emotion that the games generate.  

That said it is good Telly.

Last night (ep4) the credits rolled with True Faith by Lotte Kestner...the original game version is by Ashley Johnson who of course plays Ellie in the games, and will appear later in the TV series as a Ellie's mother. Jeffery Pierce (Tommy in the games) played Perry in the TV show last night, and sounded exactly like Tommy.   :cloud9:

Edited by Paul © ® ™ 💙 ⚽️