Nominating Top City Comics
13 13

890 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Top City Comics said:

Yes, the money was spent before it was deposited...on other books, lol

Wasn't planning on him pulling the rug out from under me like this...and I'm pretty sure "not being able to sell them to the guy you were buying them for" isn't actually a cause for demanding a refund....nor is it credible for PL nominations...

And again...if I had written him a check where would I mail it to?  He refused to give me his address as part of "the protest" he was staging.

You've completely missed the point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Top City Comics said:

Yes, the money was spent before it was deposited...on other books, lol

Wasn't planning on him pulling the rug out from under me like this...and I'm pretty sure "not being able to sell them to the guy you were buying them for" isn't actually a cause for demanding a refund....nor is it credible for PL nominations...

And again...if I had written him a check where would I mail it to?  He refused to give me his address as part of "the protest" he was staging.

My address was on my return address on the envelope and in my letter. Please show a picture here to show how unlegible both are. I don't believe this part, but would like to see the evidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Well you kind of made his business when you cited being overleveraged to ComicLink as a reason that you couldn't refund him promptly.  

I agree that you're willingness to square things away with either the books or an (eventual) refund will keep you off of the probation list, but your money management skills are certainly alarming.

 Ok...I used those things to make him understand that he can't just refuse to complete a transaction & then instantly demand a refund...that's not how things work.  And yes, I owe money to other places other than just back to him...for a lot of things & a lot of reasons...but again...because his buyer backed out means that he can back out too>?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You've completely missed the point.

Which point?  That he decided out of the blue that he wanted a refund just because?  Sounded to me like he was looking for an excuse to back out because his buyer backed out...and it didn't sit well with me.  I had his books packaged & ready to ship & he decided to pull the plug & not give me his address...what other point is there?  My spending habits don't change any of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Top City Comics said:

 Ok...I used those things to make him understand that he can't just refuse to complete a transaction & then instantly demand a refund...that's not how things work.  And yes, I owe money to other places other than just back to him...for a lot of things & a lot of reasons...but again...because his buyer backed out means that he can back out too>?

This is such nonsense as I said I would give you a few weeks to give me a refund to get on your feet. Is this how you treat all people that try and show you kindness? I will pull that message, and our entire conversation if needed. I also told you when my buyer left me, and was still on board for a long time after, so don't use lies to defend yourself please. I think I will have to post our conversation as it will expose several things you have said tonight as blatantly false.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Top City Comics said:

Which point?  That he decided out of the blue that he wanted a refund just because?  Sounded to me like he was looking for an excuse to back out because his buyer backed out...and it didn't sit well with me.  I had his books packaged & ready to ship & he decided to pull the plug & not give me his address...what other point is there?  My spending habits don't change any of that.

several weeks later is not out of the blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do understand and appreciate that things have been difficult to accomplish after a car accident, but this has been taking too long before then, and has been continuing  to take forever. I do see that the check was just cashed yesterday. When I had checked last night there was no notice of that. I felt slightly frustrated when the negotiations took over a week because you kept disappearing for a day here or there. It was slightly frustrating, but I tried to look past it and understand. Then I was told you would ship the same day I sent the check out, but now its weeks later, and you are saying it will still take some time before shipping. I have decided I would like a check shipped to me instead of the comics. If you are having some financial trouble, I can be paitent for about two weeks before cashing in the efforts to help you. I have never done this before, but I did approach you close to 4 weeks ago, and have felt this process slowly dragged out since then.

-Lee

Yes, I usually wait until the check clear before shipping, but it did take me some time to get it to the bank, and I do apologize for that.  And yes, I am in extreme debt at the moment, as I don't have health insurance, and had to go to the emergency room...so it has set me back immensely and I will be fighting an uphill battle to pay that off already, so it might take me a long while to be able to pay you back :(

  I was planning on shipping them last week but had been waiting on USPS to deliver mailing boxes for at least 3 weeks myself, but had my mailman bring me a batch specifically, which arrived on Saturday, so I am good to go now.  

 I implore you to have one more ounce of patience with me, as I can get the books out to you well before I would be able to get money back to you...and I don't mind adding in a bonus raw pch book if need be, as I want you to be happy with the transaction, & know it has been painstaking to say the least.

I'm happy to give you a free book for your trouble, and I assure you that they will be mailed out within the next couple hours if you just send me the correct P.O. Box number...I feel this will be completed much faster if I just send the books out today rather than trying to come up with the money while having the huge medical bills weighing me down...

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay, & allow me to rectify the situation by adding a bonus book or two.

LMK if that sounds ok to you, & I will 100% get them in the mail today, and you should have them in hand within the next 2 days.

Cordially,

Adrian

I also just found out today that I will be spending over $5k on lawyer's fees, 35% of which are due this week...so I will be scrambling to even be able to come up with that on top of the medical bills & attempting to get a working car (mine was totaled in the wreck)...so it will be tough to refund anytime soon :/

I apologize again for not having them out sooner...I just started half-way using my arm again last week (my right shoulder was demolished in the wreck with a broken clavicle to boot), and packaging books has been an uphill battle to say the least.  I am backlogged on it to the tune of 10-15 packages that still need to be boxed up & shipped, but yours are ready to go out today, as they were first in line to be shipped.

Please accept my apology & allow me to complete this transaction today :foryou:

I still wish to cancel. There has just been too much with this transaction that has out me off. I do have sympathy to your situation with the accident, but I was already  feeling the frustration here before then. You did tell me you would ship three weeks ago before even receiving the check, which I appreciated greatly, but now see you had no intentions of doing so. I know these are unprecedented times, but I do find it wrong to have so many offerings, with no method to ship within the month. I would assume I am not the only one feeling the frustration. I am a very young man with a degenerative back and have alredy had multiple surgeries and live a life of constant pain, and will forever, so I do have sympathy, but I do think the issues go beyond just the accident. I do not want this cancellation to be a burden on you, and will be happy to give you about 3 weeks to return payment by 2/20. Let me know if I can help, as I do not want this to be a big deal for you, but I do need to cancel, and I do need payment back by then. Thank you.

 

-Lee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Which point?  That he decided out of the blue that he wanted a refund just because?  Sounded to me like he was looking for an excuse to back out because his buyer backed out...and it didn't sit well with me.  I had his books packaged & ready to ship & he decided to pull the plug & not give me his address...what other point is there?  My spending habits don't change any of that.

"Just because"?  Unless you can show that @Polonsky's timeline is inaccurate, it sounds like this whole failed transaction was dragged out on your end, and frankly, is still being dragged out because of your cavalier attitude towards pre-spending funds that you don't have full control of yet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Polonsky said:

This is such nonsense as I said I would give you a few weeks to give me a refund to get on your feet. Is this how you treat all people that try and show you kindness? I will pull that message, and our entire conversation if needed. I also told you when my buyer left me, and was still on board for a long time after, so don't use lies to defend yourself please. I think I will have to post our conversation as it will expose several things you have said tonight as blatantly false.

Bro...because you said something to me in a message doesn't actually make it true...you were obviously itching to get this cancelled but wanted to save face so had to come up with something other than "my buyer backed out", because we had finalized a deal.

I was literally debating on NOMINATING YOU for failure to complete a transaction....but decided not to stoop to that level.

Also...YOU LITERALLY NEVER GAVE ME YOUR ADDRESS UNTIL 3 DAYS AGO...but are complaining here about MY FAILURE TO MAIL YOU SOMETHING....what in the actual F dude?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

"Just because"?  Unless you can show that @Polonsky's timeline is inaccurate, it sounds like this whole failed transaction was dragged out on your end, and frankly, is still being dragged out because of your cavalier attitude towards pre-spending funds that you don't have full control of yet.  

Bro, I deposited his check like 3-4 days after it arrived...and had his books packaged and ready to go out that same day.

His timeline is bogus.

Edited by Top City Comics
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Top City Comics said:

Bro, I deposited his check like 3-4 days after it arrived...and had his books packaged and ready to go out that same day.

His "3-weeks" timeline is bogus.

First, I'm not your bro.

Second, what's your timeline of events then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

:facepalm:

There seems to be such an easy solution to resolve this....but apparently we're going to do this the hard way.

@Top City Comics seriously, if you care about your reputation on the Boards, you really need to drop the "bro" smack talk, the profanity, the sarcastic lol, the lectures on 'professionalism' while simultaneously engaging in blatantly unprofessional discourse, the all-caps screaming.  Regardless of how upset or "wronged" you think you are, this isn't helping your case.... at all.

@Polonsky in terms of PL I don't think there's a need to belabor this back-and-forth posting of PMs.  At this point, just pick whether you want a refund or the books (honestly, I think you're more likely to get the books) and set a reasonable, concrete date...none of this 'whatever date we agree on' because it's that lack of specifics that contributed to this situation and frankly, the way this discourse is going, I don't think the two of you are going to be able to agree on anything.  If the date comes and goes with no refund/books, then we can go from there.

I would love to end this. I only want a check. I have attempted to be reasonable, and feel quite spit on by Top City. I would like the check by 2/20, unless there is a reasonable reason why it should be a later date. Based off the transactions I see him doing, this should not be an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

First, I'm not your bro.

Second, what's your timeline of events then?

Ok, cool man, get petty if you want to...you're not my Bro, and I shouldn't insinuate anything of the sort.

Second: "My timeline"...or the actual factual timeline as it's otherwise known...is that everything was hunky-dory...he sent the check...I received it...didn't make it to the bank for a few days...then i deposited it and packaged his books up the same day.  He out sent me a message trying to cancel the transaction later that same night.  The check had already been deposited and was in my possession for LESS THAN A WEEK...not "several weeks" as he is claiming...it's just not true...and I debated on nominating him for backing out of the transaction like that, but let it go, & had conceded to sending him a refund...just like my previous messages to him had stated...just like the message I sent earlier today had re-stated...so I'm really not sure what all this is about, other than him wanting to vent and drag my name through the mud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
13 13