Nominating Top City Comics
13 13

890 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I would love to end this. I only want a check. I have attempted to be reasonable, and feel quite spit on by Top City. I would like the check by 2/20, unless there is a reasonable reason why it should be a later date. Based off the transactions I see him doing, this should not be an issue.

I'm not sure why you're wanting to do everything by check, but you may want to insist on a cashiers check, otherwise...

Edited by Number 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

@Polonsky

When did you give @Top City Comics your shipping address? Did you provide the shipping address other than on the envelope in which you sent the check?

I thought I did as I usually always to to avoid this situation, but looking back in the conversation it looks like I messed up on that. I would still like to see my letter, as I always make an effort to avoid this and slow down while writing. It is possible both are messy, but I doubt it and would like to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Polonsky said:

I thought I did as I usually always to to avoid this situation, but looking back in the conversation it looks like I messed up on that. I would still like to see my letter, as I always make an effort to avoid this and slow down while writing. It is possible both are messy, but I doubt it and would like to see.

Or I just want sweet and simple resolution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Red84 said:

@Polonsky

When did you give @Top City Comics your shipping address? Did you provide the shipping address other than on the envelope in which you sent the check?

He gave me his shipping address on Wednesday of THIS WEEK...I had first requested it on Feb. 2nd when I couldn't read the note he dropped in with the check (it was never given in any messages until Wednesday of this week)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I'm not sure why you're wanting to do everything by check, but you may want to insist on a cashiers check, otherwise...

I will take payment in any method where I receive the full $1,580. Any method is fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Polonsky said:

I thought I did as I usually always to to avoid this situation, but looking back in the conversation it looks like I messed up on that. I would still like to see my letter, as I always make an effort to avoid this and slow down while writing. It is possible both are messy, but I doubt it and would like to see.

What kind of check did you send him?  Is your address printed on the check?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I thought I did as I usually always to to avoid this situation, but looking back in the conversation it looks like I messed up on that. I would still like to see my letter, as I always make an effort to avoid this and slow down while writing. It is possible both are messy, but I doubt it and would like to see.

So you claim that the agreement was for @Top City Comics to ship you the books the same day that you mailed the check but you never sent Top City your address before mailing the check. 

You see, there were mistakes made on both sides, so your indignation about Top City not sending the books when you sent the check was an impossibility because of your own actions.

You should accept the books that you agreed to purchase.

I also find your decision in the last hour to change your requested refund date from March 1st to February 20th to be problematic.

Edited by Red84
emphasis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Number 6 said:

What kind of check did you send him?  Is your address printed on the check?

The address on the check is to my business. This address works, but I did write my P.o. box on return address and within my letter to him as it is where I ship things to. He had it for several days minimum before asking what the address said, after I had already canceled. He claimed this lack of information was delaying him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Ok, cool man, get petty if you want to...you're not my Bro, and I shouldn't insinuate anything of the sort.

Second: "My timeline"...or the actual factual timeline as it's otherwise known...is that everything was hunky-dory...he sent the check...I received it...didn't make it to the bank for a few days...then i deposited it and packaged his books up the same day.  He out sent me a message trying to cancel the transaction later that same night.  The check had already been deposited and was in my possession for LESS THAN A WEEK...not "several weeks" as he is claiming...it's just not true...and I debated on nominating him for backing out of the transaction like that, but let it go, & had conceded to sending him a refund...just like my previous messages to him had stated...just like the message I sent earlier today had re-stated...so I'm really not sure what all this is about, other than him wanting to vent and drag my name through the mud.

"I do have sympathy, and told him to ship when he could.

 

 Top City Comics

Replied: January 18

 

Sure, I think I can do that by tomorrow.

Youre wanting to send a check instead of paypal/venmo then?"

Buyer posted this.  Is it accurate?  It shows that you agreed to ship Jan 19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, thehumantorch said:

"I do have sympathy, and told him to ship when he could.

 

 Top City Comics

Replied: January 18

 

Sure, I think I can do that by tomorrow.

Youre wanting to send a check instead of paypal/venmo then?"

Buyer posted this.  Is it accurate?  It shows that you agreed to ship Jan 19.

Polonsky has just admitted that he never sent Top City his shipping address. He only included the address in the envelope with the check so @Top City Comicscould not have shipped before the check arrived due to @Polonsky 's oversight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

So you claim that the agreement was for @Top City Comics to ship you the books the same day that you mailed the check but you never sent Top City your address before mailing the check. 

You see, there were mistakes made on both sides, so your indignation about Top City not sending the books when you sent the check was an impossibility because of your own actions.

You should accept the books that you agreed to purchase.

I also find your decision in the last hour to change your requested refund date from March 1st to February 20th to be problematic.

I do admit some fault in this situation, but do not believe it should make me to accept the books from him. This is not to brag, but I have done millions in business on the boards over hundreds of transactions, and never had a slightly poor interaction. I sell a lot and buy a lot. I have never canceled and never considered it before. This transaction bothered me at several points for several reasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Why are you spending the customer's money before he has the books and you know he's happy?  

Not that it's any of your business, but I had over $5k in sales coming & going that week, as well as time-payments that come in on a weekly basis....so I didn't think the $1500 would make or break me....and to be honest...jumping thru hoops just to meet his demands "because he said so" was not exactly tops on my priority list after the way he stonewalled me....and as I said before....I was actually debating on nominating him for the PL...but figured it would just be easiest to give in to his demands and appease him so not to waste everyone's time & energy on something so trivial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Polonsky said:

I do admit some fault in this situation, but do not believe it should make me to accept the books from him. This is not to brag, but I have done millions in business on the boards over hundreds of transactions, and never had a slightly poor interaction. I sell a lot and buy a lot. I have never canceled and never considered it before. This transaction bothered me at several points for several reasons. 

Fair enough. I would like to see both parties lower the temperature and resolve this. There is no bad guy here. Both parties made mistakes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Polonsky has just admitted that he never sent Top City his shipping address. He only included the address in the envelope with the check so @Top City Comicscould not have shipped before the check arrived due to @Polonsky 's oversight.

This is true, but if you sold a book to someone then agreed to ship it on a certain date, in other words intended to follow through, you would have realised on said date that you did not have the address and reached out to the buyer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

"I do have sympathy, and told him to ship when he could.

 

 Top City Comics

Replied: January 18

 

Sure, I think I can do that by tomorrow.

Youre wanting to send a check instead of paypal/venmo then?"

Buyer posted this.  Is it accurate?  It shows that you agreed to ship Jan 19.

 Yes, I was overestimating my ability to package that day...and when I attempted it simply wouldn't work...and again...I DID NOT HAVE THE BUYER'S ADDRESS UNTIL I RECEIVED HIS CHECK ON THE 25TH...and even then I could not discern between one digit in his P.O. Box...the "9" looked like it could be a "4" or a "9", and I didn't want to make that mistake without checking with him first.  This was on the 2nd of Feb, I deposited his check & attempted to print his label but could not read the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:

This is true, but if you sold a book to someone then agreed to ship it on a certain date, in other words intended to follow through, you would have realised on said date that you did not have the address and reached out to the buyer. 

True, but if time was really of the essence for the buyer asking for a book to be shipped BEFORE payment was received I would expect the buyer to make sure to provide his shipping information to facilitate that shipping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Top City Comics said:

Not that it's any of your business, but I had over $5k in sales coming & going that week, as well as time-payments that come in on a weekly basis....so I didn't think the $1500 would make or break me....and to be honest...jumping thru hoops just to meet his demands "because he said so" was not exactly tops on my priority list after the way he stonewalled me....and as I said before....I was actually debating on nominating him for the PL...but figured it would just be easiest to give in to his demands and appease him so not to waste everyone's time & energy on something so trivial.

I would hope anyone that reads how I canceled with you, would find it very poor on your part to even considering nominated me. Especially after the weeks of delays. I think you have showed your true colors here and I don't like them. I must go to bed now, but I will be back tomorrow and hope for resolution. Can you send payment by 2/20? 3/1? You just admitted you could at any time, but didn't because I "stonewalled" you. You need to read the dealer's handbook. I have not seen a single thing through any part of any interaction dating back a month to show any professionalism. I will not debate with you any more as I find it is very petty, and I mean it when I say I hate drama. I brought you here because You have my money and you're spending it. You have admitted you had no intentions of paying me any time soon, and that was the vibe I was getting. I will be happy to answer any ones questions, and hope this can be resolved by tomorrow. I need to go to sleep now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

This is true, but if you sold a book to someone then agreed to ship it on a certain date, in other words intended to follow through, you would have realised on said date that you did not have the address and reached out to the buyer. 

Yep, I agree...but I was hopped up on pain meds & too immobilized to do a dang thing with business for a few days at that point...it definitely set me back....

But I think the main fact we're overlooking here is that I literally didn't have his address IN ANY FORM until the check arrived on the 26th of January (or there abouts)...and didn't notice it had been written so poorly that I couldn't tell the difference between his 4's & 9's until I deposited the check & packaged his books on the 2nd of Feb.

Annnnnd he's pissed off that I didn't ship on the 19th???  Come on man....you literally didn't give me your address until a week after that....

Edited by Top City Comics
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Yep, I agree...but I was hopped up on pain meds & too immobilized to do a dang thing with business for a few days at that point...it definitely set me back....

But I think the main fact we're overlooking here is that I literally didn't have his address IN ANY FORM until the check arrived on the 26th of January (or there abouts)...and didn't notice it had been written so poorly that I couldn't tell the difference between his 4's & 9's until I deposited the check & packaged his books on the 2nd of Feb.

Annnnnd he's pissed off that I didn't ship on the 19th???  Come on man....you literally didn't give me your address until a week after that....

I think your excuses are very easy to see through. I messed up and forgot to send you my address. I can easily go about my day without even realizing. You said you would ship the 19. You knew you didn't have my address, and you didn't tell me until 2/2. That is two weeks you sat there doing nothing. My fault on that is very low, and I think that is why everyone is overlooking it. They are most likely too busy being perplexed as to who you think you are fooling with your excuses. So can we achieve a resolution here? I'm all for it so we can all move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
13 13