• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

-The time to tell a buyer that shipping before a check is received and deposited is unacceptable is when he asks, not a month after the deal has gone off the rails.

-You failed to ship Jan 19 as promised.

-You also failed to tell the seller that the books hadn't shipped Jan 19 and he found out 9 days later Jan 27, when he asked if they'd shipped. 

-At that point you told him there was a delay because you didn't have any shipping boxes. 

-It took another 4 days to get a ride to the bank and now you realize you can't read his address?  How were you to ship the books before receiving the check?  Surely he sent you his address through private message or email?  And if you agreed to ship the books before receiving the check why does it matter when you go to the bank?

-Not sure where you're getting this "month later" timeline...as we "closed" the deal on the 18th, & I attempted to ship on the 2nd...but I didn't have his correct address anyway...

-I was never given his address until the 26th or after when the check arrived...and I didn't even open it right away...I was still recovering.

-He asked the day the check showed up if they had shipped, and I actually did run out of boxes...that's why I didn't attempt to ship until the following Monday (2nd) after getting the boxes that Saturday (the 31st)

-He most definitely DID NOT send me his address in a private message or email until Wednesday of this last week (Feb 10th).

-I attempted to send his books out numerous times starting on Feb 2nd, less than a week after receiving his check...even going so far as to offer a free bonus book or 2 to smooth things out...but he refused to provide his address...

-I told him I would refund him numerous times, including earlier today...but because it wasn't fast enough, or "on his terms" (even though it's not the 20th yet...the deadline HE SET)...he saw me posting books on Instagram...so he nominated me out of spite (assuming that I bought them all with his $1500 apparently).

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

@Buzzetta aren't you usually somewhere in these Nomination threads. (shrug)

I am off for a couple of days... if someone wants me to write something up, I actually have the time this week.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I am off for a couple of days... if someone wants me to write something up, I actually have the time this week.

Although I do see issues on both ends.

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

If you have the days off , you may want to enjoy them instead . (thumbsu

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
A comicdonna kept things civil ( and kept this from being a Friday Thread)

14 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

@Buzzetta aren't you usually somewhere in these Nomination threads. (shrug)

You are supposed to use the new, "Summon Buzzetta" card that was made in CG. 

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Can you add that further use of the word, "Bro" or "Bruh" is no longer permitted... like... ever... not here... not in CG.... not even in moderns... especially not in moderns.

ActiveImaginativeHydatidtapeworm-small.gif.3f0c88f61677fa5b6cb3ea28c3101b18.gif

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You are supposed to use the new, "Summon Buzzetta" card that was made in CG. 

Oops sorry .

SUMMON @Buzzetta

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Poor taste, but that door was wide open. Sorry BUZZ you are awesome!

37 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I think your excuses are very easy to see through. I messed up and forgot to send you my address. I can easily go about my day without even realizing. You said you would ship the 19. You knew you didn't have my address, and you didn't tell me until 2/2. That is two weeks you sat there doing nothing. My fault on that is very low, and I think that is why everyone is overlooking it. They are most likely too busy being perplexed as to who you think you are fooling with your excuses. So can we achieve a resolution here? I'm all for it so we can all move on.

I'm not trying to fool anyone or makes excuses...mess happens...I got in a car wreck...I couldn't move for a few days...I didn't think about business happenings for those few days...there were literally 25 packages waiting to ship and I had one arm...super sorry I didn't get to your package first.  Weirdest thing about it was...none of the other 24 people complained in the slightest about the shipping delay when they found out I had been hospitalized from a car accident...but I guess that just speaks to your character.

I never once said I wouldn't refund you...not once...even reiterating it as recently as today...and I tried at least 4-5 times to close this deal out by sending your books...you refused every time...and you literally just a few days ago finally confirmed your shipping address...still demanding a refund (by your own set deadline of 20th of this month)...but you saw me post some books on IG...so you got pissed off & came at me in a rude way...and I didn't respond well to that...and yeeeaahhh...I called you out for a few other things in that message today, including the claim that I have wasted soooo much of your time (POT...meet KETTLE)....but that's really the point of all this, right?....I didn't kiss your @ss or stroke your ego enough so we're here hashing this out in front of the entire forum now.

Edited by Top City Comics

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay @Polonsky, you kind of changed the terms of the deal.  Traditionally there has been a 30 day grace period to get the books out.  Having once been in the middle of a transaction and having an injury I can kind of understand why he initially did not get things rolling. 

However, @Top City Comics, give him his money back.  Also if you are trying hard to scrape together $20k then maybe it's best to hand it back to CLink and ask them to immediately sell it.  It would be easier to scrape together the difference than the $20k.  This also allows you to pay back @Polonsky

At this point, also both of you, should either hug it out or agree never to do business again.

So long as Polonsky gets his money back, I agree with the others, I don't see this on the PL.   Give him his money. 

I never said I wouldn't refund him...he opened this case on me out of spite cause I gave him a piece of my mind earlier on being a hypocrite and didn't take kindly to his threats.

Me running up a $20k tab on Comiclink isn't actually out of the norm, and I will be fine getting it taken care of in time, I was just letting him know that I do actually have other expenses and can't just drop everything to get him his money because he decided to cancel on me at the last minute...some of that came out of the fact that he was rude as sh it to me and a bit threatening...neither of which I respond very well to...not to mention he is attempting to get me put on the probation list just to spite me...apparently not knowing about the 30-day rule for shipping books out...which literally zaps every bit of credibility this complaint has.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Seriously, just give him back his money and move on never dealing with one another again.  

Actually...I think maybe now that I finally have his actual verified address I'll just go ahead & ship him the books, especially considering the 30-day rule states that he has no formal complaint whatsoever as long as they arrive this week.

:devil: