Sports Card Grading is now here!! CSG is now taking submissions!!!
5 5

53 posts in this topic

Sent in an express through "Quick Submit" just to see how long it slows down the process. 5 cards, still not showing received or anything as of today and was delivered 2/19. Might be a service to shy away from in the future. If it takes that long for 5 cards, no telling how long it would take for 50.

 

Popped up in received on 3/2-3/3

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Sent in an express through "Quick Submit" just to see how long it slows down the process. 5 cards, still not showing received or anything as of today and was delivered 2/19. Might be a service to shy away from in the future. If it takes that long for 5 cards, no telling how long it would take for 50.

Interesting. My express order was delivered 2/22 and showed received within one business day. Did you write EX on the box?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I emailed them about why my status went 'blank'. I finally got a response today that it was 'in accounting'. I'd already gotten an invoice a couple of days ago, but after the response I got another one (identical). I am guessing they are refining the process of getting things into the payment process. Since it previously was in 'scheduled for grading', I am curious if they are doing something else. They are going to generate a LOT of questions for themselves if the status goes blank while they count beans. Could be an anomaly or could be an issue with my payment (that would be unexpected on my end, but maybe I fat fingered the CC#?). Perhaps they intend to hold back the grades until they've processed payment? Seems unlikely that they'd want the status to have nothing in it at all, though. Idk. I'm a patient dude, so this isn't bothering me much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

So, I emailed them about why my status went 'blank'. I finally got a response today that it was 'in accounting'. I'd already gotten an invoice a couple of days ago, but after the response I got another one (identical). I am guessing they are refining the process of getting things into the payment process. Since it previously was in 'scheduled for grading', I am curious if they are doing something else. They are going to generate a LOT of questions for themselves if the status goes blank while they count beans. Could be an anomaly or could be an issue with my payment (that would be unexpected on my end, but maybe I fat fingered the CC#?). Perhaps they intend to hold back the grades until they've processed payment? Seems unlikely that they'd want the status to have nothing in it at all, though. Idk. I'm a patient dude, so this isn't bothering me much.

Mine's also in the blank "in accounting" due to a payment issue. Apparently, my payment information was "lost" and they no longer had my CC on file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CamelJR said:

Mine's also in the blank "in accounting" due to a payment issue. Apparently, my payment information was "lost" and they no longer had my CC on file.

I just came here to post this. Looks like they had the last four of my CC# but the rest got dropped off in some sort of transfer between systems. I called them and paid my invoice and she released it to shipping in the system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 61 card bulk tier shipment was delivered today. I assume it will take a week or so before it's officially received and processed. I'm super excited though and can't wait to see what the grades come back! Since I did the bulk tier I imagine I'm in store for a nice long 3 month or so wait. I'm kind of hoping since it's early on for them maybe they're getting through stuff quicker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place, but my grades just came in when i checked the site earlier today, but I just checked again and it’s returning that I’ve had no subs within the last three months. Is this normal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but my grades just came in when i checked the site earlier today, but I just checked again and it’s returning that I’ve had no subs within the last three months. Is this normal?

I wish I'd have seen my grades, but I must have missed that. I also have no submissions in there now. I think they are trying to fix things behind the scenes. Maybe related to their accounting issues. I'd love to be able to tell if my cards shipped...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, it's back up! My cards have graded and marked for shipping now, but looks like Fedex doesn't have it (estimated Tuesday delivery). I'm not surprised by my grades, though was (as we always are) hoping for a little more upside. I AM happy with my grade 8 Dale Murphy rookie. That one did pretty well. I see a handful on eBay now, all modern, and mostly 9s and 9.5 grades. I think they will be hard to hit 10s like CGC is; probably use similar technology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Ok, it's back up! My cards have graded and marked for shipping now, but looks like Fedex doesn't have it (estimated Tuesday delivery). I'm not surprised by my grades, though was (as we always are) hoping for a little more upside. I AM happy with my grade 8 Dale Murphy rookie. That one did pretty well. I see a handful on eBay now, all modern, and mostly 9s and 9.5 grades. I think they will be hard to hit 10s like CGC is; probably use similar technology.

Post some photos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, Ron Churches said:

Ok, it's back up! My cards have graded and marked for shipping now, but looks like Fedex doesn't have it (estimated Tuesday delivery). I'm not surprised by my grades, though was (as we always are) hoping for a little more upside. I AM happy with my grade 8 Dale Murphy rookie. That one did pretty well. I see a handful on eBay now, all modern, and mostly 9s and 9.5 grades. I think they will be hard to hit 10s like CGC is; probably use similar technology.

Post ? Wow !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty please, overall. I scooped that Murphy rookie (I have several) on eBay because it looked really good for the price, and getting an 8 is impressive for that pickup. The hoops cards were from a set break; the rest of the set is similar. I had hoped they'd lean more toward 8 than 7, but I'm pretty happy to have these. I am not sure if I want to grade out the other HOFers and rookies (that set has a TON), given they probably don't add a ton of value in the market, but I figured everyone was going to be sending in Modern cards and I was curious how some vintage would do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ganni said:

Nice(thumbsu Ron.  The nba cards makes me think of the good days and my converse.

Absolutely, they have a great aesthetic. They coordinate with the CSG color scheme, too (which is not exactly my taste, but whatever). The Murph was for my PC and the others...I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I do with both CSG and CGC had opted for better typography on their labels. It's one of the main detractors they have. It's more about the card, which is fine, but...just a little more work. All that white space when no sub-grades is distracting. At least they learned the CGC lesson and centered the grade in the box. Small details, but they add up. 

I'll sub again, I'm sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5