• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Card Grading is now here!! CSG is now taking submissions!!!
1 1

54 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I haven't actually been able to submit. Once I get to the page that says mail in the HQ I can't hit next :/

That's odd. Worked fine for me except that the 86 Topps Traded set wasn't loaded yet. So I just had to Add New, no big deal. I loved that player's name loads automatically when you put in set type and number.

3 hours ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

Do you think they'll starting grading Marvel trading cards soon since they are the same size as sports cards? I'd rather use CGC than PSA for those. 

CSG is the one grading sports cards so even if they do eventually grade Marvel cards they wouldn’t have the blue CGC label but the green CSG label. 

CGC branch is only grading Pokémon and Magic. They won’t even grade Yu-Gi-Oh and one of the reasons given is the cards are smaller and would require a new holder to be made so it’s doubtful the actual CGC card grading branch will grade them any time soon.

16 hours ago, Mephisto said:

CSG is the one grading sports cards so even if they do eventually grade Marvel cards they wouldn’t have the blue CGC label but the green CSG label. 

CGC branch is only grading Pokémon and Magic. They won’t even grade Yu-Gi-Oh and one of the reasons given is the cards are smaller and would require a new holder to be made so it’s doubtful the actual CGC card grading branch will grade them any time soon.

What's your outlook on this?

Will you be submitting cards or taking a wait and see approach? 

If you are submitting cards, what value of cards do you think is wise to experiment with right now? 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If you are submitting cards, what value of cards do you think is wise to experiment with right now? 

I can't speak for the other guy, but I sent in a small 5 card batch to see. Four vintage basketball cards from the 70s that I hope are as mint as I think they are and one of my Dale Murphy rookie cards, just for my sentimental collection. Hoping my box gets there soon so they can get cracking on it.

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The PSA Marvel Masterpieces I have were already graded. Although I have cards laying around that may be good enough to grade I have no interest doing so with Marvel cards. I have a handful of vintage baseball cards I could probably grade but not really worth it as they didn’t make the cut over a decade ago. Those were cards that survived for years in my dad’s closet. The early one’s were given to him by someone who went to college. I wound up selling those years ago and kept the one’s my dad would have bought. There were some nice one’s like a Clemente rookie that graded a 6 with SGC (Probably would have done PSA if I had to do it again, but it was when SGC was still associated with CGC). There was an Aaron rookie too but it was only a 1.5 because someone took a pen to the back of it. 🤦

Also I’m not sure how CSG will do with vintage cards. Other than SGC still having a footing with prewar cards vintage is PSA all the way. 

I’ve honestly been avoiding CGC with Magic but at this point stuff has got so stupid I haven’t been buying anything.

2 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

So, my cards got there last week, were received yesterday (2/22) and have moved to 'scheduled for grading'. The last numbers on my submission are 0062, so I am thinking I was in the earliest batch of Economy requests. It's just five cards, no sub grades...I'm excited to see how they come out.

Keep us posted!

Im thinking of sending in a bunch. Not really interested in waiting 6-10 months for PSA and ain’t spending $50 per card for what I want to submit lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Just filled out a submission for my first time. Sending 61 cards in their bulk tier. A bunch of 1989-90 and 1990-91 fleer basketball cards, Jordans and dream teamers. Will look forward to seeing how they turn out! Also a low grade 1966 Mickey Mantle Topps.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, Ron Churches said:

Looks like my five card submission status sort of changed/went blank yesterday at some point. It is no longer listing a 'status' like it was before. I wonder what's going on.

Huh, same happened to me today. It must go blank before moving to the next step. (Mine is still blank for now.)

Edit: Status is back but hasn't changed.

Edited by CamelJR
update

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Any idea what kind of resale values CSG graded cards may have compared to PSA and BGS, at least in the beginning? And will they eventually become close to on par with both companies?

I tried to look around last night on eBay for some sales, but couldn't find any at all. If it's like the TCG side, the market will be soft initially, I imagine.

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

I tried to look around last night on eBay for some sales, but couldn't find any at all. If it's like the TCG side, the market will be soft initially, I imagine.

Yeah I mean they just opened their doors so makes sense it will likely take a couple months for cards to come back graded and start selling. I’m sure we’ll see sales soon enough, and will definitely be interesting to see how they hold up. I’m new to the card world and I know PSA is the gold standard, but I’m already put off by them. They just changed their price structure. So now my two options are $20/card (their value tier that used to be $10) and wait 8-9 freaking months purportedly or spend $100/card for around 2-3 months. No thanks! They got rid of the $75 option and don’t currently allow the $50 economy option, which used to be $20 I believe. So I’m really hoping CSG graded cards hold a decent market value because if they do and based on their costs/grading times they should be a very competitive option to PSA. People have complained about CGC up charging over the years for comics, but their costs have stayed relatively the same. What PSA just did is greedy and asinine imop.