• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Card Grading is now here!! CSG is now taking submissions!!!
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

My 61 card bulk tier shipment was delivered today. I assume it will take a week or so before it's officially received and processed. I'm super excited though and can't wait to see what the grades come back! Since I did the bulk tier I imagine I'm in store for a nice long 3 month or so wait. I'm kind of hoping since it's early on for them maybe they're getting through stuff quicker.

What did you submit? If they can keep prices low then ill send them some baseball rookie cards as grading isnt rockwet science and their HQ is so close to me. 

18 hours ago, rangerblue said:

Very nice cards. I also got my hockey cards back. Fast turnaround time. Sent them express. I'm going to auction some of them off. Not sure what auction house to use yet. Here are the higher grades. 

16155758526916039740314311296255.jpg

Gretzky RC!! How did you feel about the grades? 

I think pretty good grades on gretzky cards. The 7.5 had very slight touches on the corners . Now I also have graded 8s from becket that I thought should have been higher as the blue boarders have no white showing. Will probably get them re graded I also had 4 mario lemieux come back as 6s. They all had gum stains on back of card. I quess that knocks them down a grade. A lot of the topps lemieux for 85 were miscut at the factory that year. The rt corner . I opened plenty of boxes in 85 

5 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

What did you submit? If they can keep prices low then ill send them some baseball rookie cards as grading isnt rockwet science and their HQ is so close to me. 

Submitted a bunch of stuff from a couple basketball wax boxes, a 1989-90 and 1990-91. So MJ's, Bird's, Magic's, sticker cards, a bunch of other dream teamers, etc... Also a low grade 1965 Mickey Mantle.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Got a no grade on a 1960 Mantle. Been sitting at the USPS sorting facility for 4 days so I haven't been able to look at it but it's weird. Same set as the Mantle/Boyer. When I enquired they said it couldn't be safely encapsulated. Didn't specify if it was too large or small. Weird to me as my late father had all of them in a shoebox since his childhood, and I know they weren't trimmed. Otherwise grades seemed about right. Guess I'll send the Mantle in elsewhere and see what they say.

Came back in a deck box with an oversized label. Slightly too wide to fit in the holder 😒Screenshot_20210318-063413__01.thumb.jpg.2b76d39de04674bdb90b00f7dd1b354c.jpgScreenshot_20210318-063420__01.thumb.jpg.8172e5403448aaeeb6efc090329b2176.jpg

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

Starting to see a pretty solid consistency in CSG graded sales now more and more. Not quite even but already in close proximity to PSA and BGS, which is great to see this early! So I think CSG is going to be very competitive. I've also noticed they don't give out 10's willy nilly like I feel you see with PSA. So I suspect 10's over time will command an even higher premium at the rate they're giving them out. Like I'm genuinely scared I'm not getting a single 10 with my 61 card submission lol, but we'll see.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:43 AM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Got a no grade on a 1960 Mantle. Been sitting at the USPS sorting facility for 4 days so I haven't been able to look at it but it's weird. Same set as the Mantle/Boyer. When I enquired they said it couldn't be safely encapsulated. Didn't specify if it was too large or small. Weird to me as my late father had all of them in a shoebox since his childhood, and I know they weren't trimmed. Otherwise grades seemed about right. Guess I'll send the Mantle in elsewhere and see what they say.

Came back in a deck box with an oversized label. Slightly too wide to fit in the holder 😒Screenshot_20210318-063413__01.thumb.jpg.2b76d39de04674bdb90b00f7dd1b354c.jpgScreenshot_20210318-063420__01.thumb.jpg.8172e5403448aaeeb6efc090329b2176.jpg

I know this is quite sometime ago, but thought it still might be worth mentioning or at the very least getting some clarification for myself if I am wrong, but with ebays new Authentic Verification ordeal... i was doing some research on CGC with them being the company verifying some magic cards I’ll sold recently. As a sports card collector, and my familiarity with PSA, I’m a little nervous about there being another hand(or handsss) that this couple grand sale has to go thru before making it to the buyer. Well I came across y’all’s post and noticed that, your grades seem wrong to me. They got a 0 for autograph, so I assume they had no auto? Yet they calculated the grade with the 0 being a value for the average. That isn’t right... how can you included something towards an average of it is nonexistent? Correct me if I am wrong here. But hmmm. I understand they’re sub grades and all, but if there isn’t an auto it shouldn’t be included in the averaging. Honestly it shouldn’t be included in the average either way... any insight would be great! Cards look great by the way! 

- AP