• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's SECRET SIX show (TBD)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Warner Brothers is currently working on redeveloping the previously announced Secret Six television series.

Back in October 2018, it was revealed that a Secret Six show was in the works at CBS. The series had Suits EP/writer Rick Muirragui set as showrunner, and Bill Lawrence and Jeff Ingold executive producing along with him. Secret Six was going to center on six morally ambiguous strangers, each with their own unique specialties and secret pasts, who are brought together by an enigmatic figure who blackmails them into working as a team to expose the corruption of the corporate and political elite.

Even though showrunner Muirragui has since deleted his Twitter account, back in May 2019 he tweeted that Secret Six was no longer in development at CBS. Replying to a fan asking “How’s the adaptation of Secret Six going?” Muirragui stated the following:

"It didn’t go forward, unfortunately."

Gail Simone (writer of Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman comics) recently revealed that Muirragui’s Secret Six series was set to focus on the first iteration of the team, which consisted of DC characters August Durant, Lili de Neuve, Carlo di Rienzi, Mike Tempest, Crimson Dawn, and King Savage. Simone also noted that she thinks that the project is no longer in development. You can view the original tweet below:

Currently, it is unclear if WBTV plans to bring back the previously mentioned CBS project or if a new Secret Six show is in the works. However, it is still possible that this potential series might end up at CBS again. Other than CBS, likely distributors include HBO Max, The CW, and Netflix. If this Secret Six iteration has a darker tone similar to that of the comics, you can expect this show to be picked up by HBO Max.

Regardless of where the series will be distributed, the creative talent that was previously attached to the CBS version of the show will not be involved with the redeveloped version of the project. At the moment, the creative team behind this new take of Secret Six are being kept under wraps.

I speculated that the inferior five could someday be a movie because it has comedy potential similar to mystery men and went ahead and bought the first appearance just in case.

@Buzzetta

Inferior Five - Wikipedia

Edited by kav

Oh hell yeah. This version of Secret Six is one of my favourite series. I'd LOVE to see it adapted to television or film. It made Catman a firm favourite of mine!