• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk #180 Really sharp... Opinions?

20 posts in this topic

I really appreciate the honesty guys... Sometimes I need it... ACES you had responded with a scale to Slabbing I believe... But my glory is in the Artists and their artwork... Story and Plot is fine, but the Artwork is my vice.

I know that "One man's trash can be another man's treasure", but that is not the case in this instance. Judging by the your knowledge of the current market today and the experience you all have in grading is another. You all have assisted me in more ways than you know, I had stopped collecting for a while, and now my interest has been renewed.

Thanks !! hail.gif

6.0/6.5

That seems pretty harsh (though your grades usually do tend to be on the lowball side). poke2.gif Jammn, when you post scans as large as yours it can be pretty hard to grade. Tiny spine stresses and corner dings (like on the Hulk 180) are magnified and blown out of proportion. I would suggest cutting the scan size down by a third or a half. Anyways, I would say that book is no worse than a 7.0. JMHO.

6.0/6.5

That seems pretty harsh (though your grades usually do tend to be on the lowball side). poke2.gif Jammn, when you post scans as large as yours it can be pretty hard to grade. Tiny spine stresses and corner dings (like on the Hulk 180) are magnified and blown out of proportion. I would suggest cutting the scan size down by a third or a half. Anyways, I would say that book is no worse than a 7.0. JMHO.

What he said . . . grin.gif

6.0/6.5

What he said . . . grin.gif

was thinking exactly the same thing as soon as i saw the size of the scan. i'm betting some of those FC spine stresses are practically invisible to the naked eye.

7.0 seems about right to me, as well..............................but, that's not really slabable with such a common book. wait to find a better copy, IMHO.

It's good to be right. tongue.gifwink.gif A 7.5 is not out of the question.

Whoa, Nellie! I wouldn't go that high - there's still that 1/4" tear at the right edge . . . and no one mentioned that these colors are way off - there is some UV light damage. sumo.gif I'm comin' off my 7.0 perhaps . . .

Whoa, Nellie! I wouldn't go that high - there's still that 1/4" tear at the right edge . . . and no one mentioned that these colors are way off - there is some UV light damage. sumo.gif I'm comin' off my 7.0 perhaps . . .

I stand corrected. I missed the RE tear and I assumed the colors were off because of his scanner. I recall some of his other scans looking kind of washed out as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It always helps when people make note of the non-obvious defects or say what the book looks like in-hand.

I took off 1.0 point for the fading. poke2.gif

7.0/7.5 ---> 6.0/6.5