• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze X-Men!
2 2

297 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2023 at 3:56 AM, universal soldier said:

Giving this thread a bump. 

Just started the process of rebagging and regrading this title. Another book from my OO collection bought at the newstand many years ago. :cloud9:

IMG_8887.thumb.JPG.84798256e03e2ad3f315472f7b65eceb.JPG

I did a paper round when I was young and one time I asked to be paid in comics. The newsagent had multi bags and this was visible so I had to have it. Can't remember what else was in the bag, this totally eclipsed them!

On 1/16/2023 at 3:32 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I did a paper round when I was young and one time I asked to be paid in comics. The newsagent had multi bags and this was visible so I had to have it. Can't remember what else was in the bag, this totally eclipsed them!

I want to get paid in comics! lol Seriously though, what a great era for this book. I've been re-reading most of them as I rebag. It's taking much longer than expected.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:04 AM, tonytitan said:

giant size  x men #1 purchased it for about $75 it graded   A CGC 8.5

and x men #94 purchased for about  $60 graded a CGC 9.2

I can’t imagine being able to get them at those prices. 😳 When was that?

Didn't start collecting these until 97 - awesome cover. Have all from there. GS1 and 94 were out of range then and still are, however I did work out a trade for this GS1 in 90's - Had to part ways for my What-If's 1-20. Eventually subbed this book along with some of my other OO copies. Seems like I took better care of books as collecting continued. Would love to work on higher grade run of the Claremont/Byrne issues after I complete my BA Avengers set.

Giant_Size_X-Men_1_CGC55.JPG

X-Men_100_CGC75.JPG

X-Men_101_CGC50.JPG

X-Men_108_CGC75.JPG

X-Men_109_CGC70.JPG

X-Men_137_CGC70.JPG

X-Men_139_CGC92.JPG

X-Men_141_CGC96.JPG

X-Men_142_CGC96.JPG

On 5/4/2023 at 4:04 PM, TheBigJ said:

Here's my favorite Bronze X-Men cover - great colors and action! Finally bit the bullet for a 9.8 

No way my OOC is 9.8 - perhaps better than my other graded OOC books(not pressed) if I pressed and subbed. But I'd do 129 before and see how that works out.

Woo Hoo!

X-Men_113_CGC98.JPG

It is a great cover, and that Magneto personifies! Even shows banshee being somewhat useful. In the cartoon or some of the books I read with him as a kid, it could get annoying lol

People complain of the sound for several pages, not as "useful to a plot?" But all those characters served their purpose! It's nice to see the new X-men in combat with winners and losers, with the same Magneto from the beginning seemingly bringing the house down. A good Phoenix read.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM