• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anybody explain this to me? GIANT-SIZE SUPER-STARS #1 9.8 for $3400?
1 1

40 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2021 at 8:04 AM, mjoeyoung said:

LINK

Is this book hot for some unknown reason?  Are bots bidding on this thinking it is a Giant Size X-Men #1?  Some consignor just scored big on this book.

3 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

So yes, I dropped out at $3200, which was roughly 12x top GPA after what I thought was a true hammer bid was topped, but had I won the book at $3200 I wouldn't have been too upset.

I took a look at the bidding history and I believe that if this book had been listed for last week, it most likely would have gone even higher.  hm

This book was auctioned off last night on Monday when it seem that most bidders were already suffering from CL auction fatigue as most lots either had no last minute bids or just the one and done last second bid.  No exception here as the winning bid came in about 11 hours prior to the end of this auction here which was very different from last week when most lots had multiple bids coming in during the last 15 seconds of the auction.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I took a look at the bidding history and I believe that if this book had been listed for last week, it most likely would have gone even higher.  hm

This book was auctioned off last night on Monday when it seem that most bidders were already suffering from CL auction fatigue as most lots either had no last minute bids or just the one and done last second bid.  No exception here as the winning bid came in about 11 hours prior to the end of this auction here which was very different from last week when most lots had multiple bids coming in during the last 15 seconds of the auction.  (thumbsu

Well I didn't come in over the top - my hammer bid which was 10x GPA was topped and I went nope.

Was it just two collectors/investors with too much money? If so, they have :censored: the job up for the rest of us big style. Like canickus stated a few post ago, 2 copies of G/S Avengers in 9.8 have popped up on ebay at $4400 and $4900, you can't blame the sellers asking these prices but I honestly hope they don't sell, even if money was no object to me I couldn't bring myself to pay these prices, it's just nuts.

A copy of G/S Man-thing #1 in 9.8 has sat on the pedigree site for years with no takers at $650, after the Clink auction turned out the G/S frenzy it has been bought, lets see if it turns up in a month or two.

Edited by batmiesta

31 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Was it just two collectors/investors with too much money? If so, they have :censored: the job up for the rest of us big style. Like canickus stated a few post ago, 2 copies of G/S Avengers in 9.8 have popped up on ebay at $4400 and $4900, you can't blame the sellers asking these prices but I honestly hope they don't sell, even if money was no object to me I couldn't bring myself to pay these prices, it's just nuts.

If money was no object, the price would be inconsequential.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, batmiesta said:

Well seeing as I'm one of them, you're welcome.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, batmiesta said:

A copy of G/S Man-thing #1 in 9.8 has sat on the pedigree site for years with no takers at $650, after the Clink auction turned out the G/S frenzy it has been bought, lets see if it turns up in a month or two.

That book definately did NOT trade for $650.  Pedigree did not accept the bid even though it was at their full listing price. 

image.thumb.png.365d4a9663c37f18fdf91303fee293e2.png

9 hours ago, canickus said:

That book definately did NOT trade for $650.  Pedigree did not accept the bid even though it was at their full listing price. 

Eh? How is that even allowed?

On 3/4/2021 at 11:42 PM, canickus said:

This is bugging me, you put in the asking price and it was turned down? did you get in touch to find out why?

Edited by batmiesta

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

This is bugging me, you put in the asking price and it was turned down? did you get in touch to find out why?

Called the number and left message but no response.  I think that the seller figured the market had moved and do not want to follow through on the sale.