• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In person, San Diego Comic summer Convention cancelled, Novermber mini in person con to substitute !

31 posts in this topic

I agree. SDCC has lost my respect and support. This is an obvious desperate money grab to make up for losing 2 shows. I don’t see many big national dealers hitting the road to SD on Thanksgiving weekend. Obviously the cheapest weekend they could book. No way, will I pay through the nose and play internet lottery for tickets, hotel and parking. 

Sadly, I don’t see that Palladium show going on if dealers aren’t traveling.

But time will tell...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I agree. SDCC has lost my respect and support. This is an obvious desperate money grab to make up for losing 2 shows. I don’t see many big national dealers hitting the road to SD on Thanksgiving weekend. Obviously the cheapest weekend they could book. No way, will I pay through the nose and play internet lottery for tickets, hotel and parking. 

Sadly, I don’t see that Palladium show going on if dealers aren’t traveling.

But time will tell...

The real kicker is by picking that cheap weekend they might have actually increased their overall operating costs - as many event workers are union and it will count as overtime pay due to it being a holiday (unless of course they are going to be operating on a skeleton crew of desperate workers)

I love SDCC, as it's only a few house drive from when I visit Hollywood, but that ain't ever happening for me on a major holiday weekend like this.

Yeah, like most sane people, we passed on Thanksgiving. Broke my wife’s heart to miss it AND Christmas. We will all have our shots and will be having it this year.

Now, theoretically, it starts on Friday and is a couple hour drive for me. Not saying it is entirely out of the question but I doubt it. 

If it has the full contingent of out of state dealers and I don’t have to “kiss the ring” and do the lottery dance for tickets and parking it might be a possibility. 

I just see no need to feel bad for them or support them anymore.