• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

Is my order grandfathered in to the turnaround time that was listed when I submitted, like how the price is locked in? My economy 17 card submission was received January 11th 2021, and the turnaround time on economy was 40 business days. Then it was 45. Then 50 and later 56... Now, as of this week, it's 61 business days?!!?!?! my 40 business days would be pretty much up by the end of this week, but now I still have more than a month to go?? Or, am I still expecting the 40 day turnaround?
This doesn't even make sense to me. How could more orders coming in slow grading of orders that are months older? Unless you're literally just putting them to the side while you grade higher tiers, grading them sporadically.
If I am tied in to the new wait estimates, what is to stop you from adding more days between now and my current estimated completion? I am not exactly pleased with the situation as it is now.
Thank you.

• Administrator

No, our turnaround times are only our best estimates. Orders are always completed in the order which they are received within each grading tier. We are doing our best to complete all orders as quickly as possible. But right now, Economy is only up to early December.

Thank you for your patience,

Paul

I'm at 57 business days for my economy submission.  It was received 12/03/2020 so I'm guessing we are subject to the new turnaround times.  The turnaround time when my cards were received was 30 business days.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, KRod518 said:

I'm at 57 business days for my economy submission.  It was received 12/03/2020 so I'm guessing we are subject to the new turnaround times.  The turnaround time when my cards were received was 30 business days.

They are working on early December, so you should be seeing movement very soon.

Paul

3 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

You guys realize the turnaround times ALWAYS stated they were estimates right? It never said you were guaranteed to get your card back in X amount of time. Its truly amazing to see all the people that cant seem to understand this simple concept. 

They do realize it. People just have nothing else going on in life so they want to be outraged. They think this place is twitter and if they rage hard enough that something will change.

But thankfully, just like twitter, it doesnt affect the real world. Bemoaning over and over again about the same issues with an internet connection shockingly doesnt actually do anything. People at CGC read this garbage every day and just shake their heads while trying to do the best they can. As grateful as I am for the internet helping me make money, its also crappy in that we have to hear every thought of the craziest people on the planet.

3 hours ago, UncSven said:

...This doesn't even make sense to me. How could more orders coming in slow grading of orders that are months older? Unless you're literally just putting them to the side while you grade higher tiers, grading them sporadically.
If I am tied in to the new wait estimates, what is to stop you from adding more days between now and my current estimated completion? I am not exactly pleased with the situation as it is now.
Thank you.

You literally answered your own question. This is how priorities work.

10 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

You literally answered your own question. This is how priorities work.

Lol obviously someone that pays a premium for express or higher services will tend to get taken care of. If they simply only graded submissions based on when they were received, what would be the point of offering expedited services for a higher premium? There obviously is a delicate balance of not falling too far behind with bulk submissions, but to not understand that they would prioritize a submission with an average cost per card to grade in the 35-70 dollar range over a 13 bulk submission, is silly. 

16 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

And then the ppl like yall.complaining and crying about ppl complaining and crying lol. Its the same exact thing. But guess yall crying about it is ok

Telling you the facts isnt complaining. I dont really care if you want to waste your life away getting emotional over things you have no control over. Im saying that if you do not want to wait forever, get standard or higher. Or wait 3 months. How difficult is that to understand? Its not a very difficult concept.

9 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

Lol obviously someone that pays a premium for express or higher services will tend to get taken care of. If they simply only graded submissions based on when they were received, what would be the point of offering expedited services for a higher premium? There obviously is a delicate balance of not falling too far behind with bulk submissions, but to not understand that they would prioritize a submission with an average cost per card to grade in the 35-70 dollar range over a 13 bulk submission, is silly. 

And from what I hear, the last year or so has been unprecedented. My last submission took six months... 

Just now, Sp33dy said:

U do understand thats how business  works and fix things. They need feedback or they will think they are fine and everyone is happy. 

Apparently you haven't really been paying attention to this sub-forum, because CGC has addressed the situation of their TAT extensions.

Just now, Angel of Death said:

Apparently you haven't really been paying attention to this sub-forum, because CGC has addressed the situation of their TAT extensions.

Yes and they obviously give misinformation all the time. They told me several times that I wouldn't get affected with tat increases, that only applies for ppl that are submitting during that time. But obviously that's a lie. Some ppl jus want honest questions and transparency. And when u tell someone something at least make sure its correct 

4 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

U do understand thats how business  works and fix things. They need feedback or they will think they are fine and everyone is happy. 

Yeah im sure your the first person on the planet to ever tell CGC that they are backed up on orders and they never had the ability to figure that out on their own. Your just a genius for pointing out the obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Yes and they obviously give misinformation all the time. They told me several times that I wouldn't get affected with tat increases, that only applies for ppl that are submitting during that time. But obviously that's a lie. Some ppl jus want honest questions and transparency. And when u tell someone something at least make sure its correct 

Can you support this accusation?

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I dont think my life would be the same if I didnt wake up to posts like his that constantly complain about the bulk turn around times. Forget Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, sp33dy's comments are what makes or breaks society....

I would be very interested in hearing Steve Jobs's view on Cgc or non-sports cards TAT from limbo since he passed away Oct, 2011. :bigsmile: Did TAT's increase due to Covid and folks finally having time to sort long boxes at home for slab worthy comics and rookie cards?

9 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I would be very interested in hearing Steve Jobs's view on Cgc or non-sports cards TAT from limbo since he passed away Oct, 2011. :bigsmile: Did TAT's increase due to Covid and folks finally having time to sort long boxes at home for slab worthy comics and rookie cards?

Lots of reasons have increased TATs. Social media hype, a way to make money, pandemic boredom, PSA prices and turnaround times getting too long, probably a few other reasons but just some that come to mind. I have a feeling post pandemic that its just not going to be the same since thats literally the only thing that has changed since last year. A year ago cards were like a fraction of what they are worth today and only the pandemic has been a factor thats changed anything. From 2018 to 2019, everything went up a tiny bit due to inflation, but nothing like the last year.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Dude, why are you being so mean to the mind of our generation that is sp33dy?!?! Without him, CGC would be out of business in 2 seconds. His insights that are lightyears ahead of ours are just too good that we must bow down to him. I dont think my life would be the same if I didnt wake up to posts like his that constantly complain about the bulk turn around times. Forget Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, sp33dy's comments are what makes or breaks society....

U guys are some funny guys. Most likely working for this company lol. If ur given a tat u expect it around that or give or take a week. If ur job tells u they gonna pay u next week and next week comes and they say another day u would be mad right. These are jus discussions everyone is open to talk about. If ur happy and ok with things, perfect in glad for u but doesn't mean anyone is wrong for wanting closer to what they expected