• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

We agree to disagree, you sound like the biggest suck - up ever xD Anyone with a brain would read what he read above and his example about the car shop estimating a car being 50 dollars and it being 300 dollars. That is a perfect example of what is happening. It is a horrible look for someone doing their first submission like myself. And you say I use these words but I do know what the words I say mean. I wonder at times if you actually do. Hopefully one day you can take your time to help people instead of trolling/baiting people in posts. This is my last post because I am done talking to a wall. 

I think the difference is that you have 100's of options of where to take your car and...maybe 3 options for card grading. If all of the sudden cars started breaking down and needing service at an escalating pace for months, and the barriers of entry for new car repair was so hard as to make it impossible for new entrants, then you'd have a good comparison. People would definitely be big mad, but it would be a far different problem. It's a matter of competition, barriers of entry, and supply/demand economics.

Yupp sounds like ur Paul himself lol, brings him up like all the info he gives is always correct. Chill out it isn't that serious. They should jus not have a tat, because new ppl look at that and expect it to take a week extra at max. Not expecting 5 months when it was 1 month when they submitted. Their isnt a good enough answer u can give them. As much as u try and scream estimated until ur face turns blue, their isn't a good answer buddy

Unrealistic expectations are not CGC's fault. (shrug) There is no fine print that says, "TAT estimates are plus/minus 1 week".

Complaining isn't going to change anything. CGC knows that they need to reduce TATs, they told us that, and they told us that they're expanding their workforce. Crying until you're blue in the face won't change anything.

"...their isn't a good answer..." Actually, there is. There is a correct answer, which is literally the best answer.

Edited by Angel of Death

30 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Unrealistic expectations are not CGC's fault. (shrug) There is no fine print that says, "TAT estimates are plus/minus 1 week".

Complaining isn't going to change anything. CGC knows that they need to reduce TATs, they told us that, and they told us that they're expanding their workforce. Crying until you're blue in the face won't change anything.

"...their isn't a good answer..." Actually, there is. There is a correct answer, which is literally the best answer.

But its not. 30 days when u submit and then its passed over 100 days, would not be a close estimate. Be honest to urself. Seems like they are jus throwing out a number and thats it

3 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

But its not. 30 days when u submit and then its passed over 100 days, would not be a close estimate. Be honest to urself. Seems like they are jus throwing out a number and thats it

Show me where CGC says it's a "close estimate". :taptaptap:

Just now, Sp33dy said:

They are fine tuning the numbers based on the number of cards they have in the queue. More came in than they could get out at those estimated dates, so now they can't get the cards out fast enough to satisfy that initial estimate. It's math. Linear math, at that. They can do 'x' cards in 'x' time. You can increase capacity, but not quickly. This isn't McDonald's. It sucks that you are in the batch that ended up seeing the surge, but the mechanics of this are clear and you seem to be extremely obtuse on what could be done about it. From a cust sat standpoint, CGC doesn't have a lot of options here. They can raise the price some more, if you'd like. I would imagine in order to meet your expectation on the TaT, they probably need to triple the prices. Maybe more. They can't just hire graders and add machinery to sonic weld more slabs on the fly. 

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

If anyone has a problem with someones post, it is better to ignore or use the report button.  

There probably wouldnt be much posting if everyone ignored everything. And you cant really report someone for complaining or saying a bunch of stupid stuff. Acting dumb or complaining isnt against the rules.

I probably shouldnt reply as much but there are some decent people on here that I dont mind talking to. If CGC really wanted it to be more info based, they should just delete this whole sub forum and staff should only take questions.

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

There probably wouldnt be much posting if everyone ignored everything. And you cant really report someone for complaining or saying a bunch of stupid stuff. Acting dumb or complaining isnt against the rules.

I probably shouldnt reply as much but there are some decent people on here that I dont mind talking to. If CGC really wanted it to be more info based, they should just delete this whole sub forum and staff should only take questions.

I think that Mike just doesn't like the name-calling and using "stupid" and "dumb" - that may escalate situations. I wouldn't bother arguing about it, or you may get a warning.

I think that it's best we try to stay on-topic and not comment about other users. Just ignore when they call you a troll or a shill. Your informative responses are more valuable than baseless accusations. 2c

On 3/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, Sp33dy said:

Yes and they obviously give misinformation all the time. They told me several times that I wouldn't get affected with tat increases, that only applies for ppl that are submitting during that time. But obviously that's a lie. Some ppl jus want honest questions and transparency. And when u tell someone something at least make sure its correct 

This is basically what I was asking. I would also like to note that as of today (3/3/21), the TAT for economy is 65 days! It'll be 70 by next week.

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I think that Mike just doesn't like the name-calling and using "stupid" and "dumb" - that may escalate situations. I wouldn't bother arguing about it, or you may get a warning.

I think that it's best we try to stay on-topic and not comment about other users. Just ignore when they call you a troll or a shill. Your informative responses are more valuable than baseless accusations. 2c

Sometimes its warranted though. I try to be as nice as I can, but when you have people who start getting irrational and saying a bunch of nonsense, yeah I think its fair to say that they are being dumb since that is probably the most polite way I could say that. Its not like we are dropping curse words or making it personal. 

I just dont like the people who start making stuff up or spreading misinformation. And I dont know how much of that you can really report since there is a grey line with that if its really against the rules of the forums. Like the guy who raged about his cards being "revenge graded", like that just needs to be called out on and is legitamently stupid. Especially when he had off centered cards and card with quality control issues. Nobody deleted the thread even when the staff chimed in, so I think the OP deserved some heat just for trying to say such a thing.

Again the same ppl get mad about ppl being mad. Noone is mad they jus want it to be honest. Ur batting a eye for this company, and thats why ppl say u must be Paul or affiliated with them. All u say is cgc is doing their best and they are awesome or bring up a fake Paul quote. Lol

4 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Sometimes its warranted though. I try to be as nice as I can, but when you have people who start getting irrational and saying a bunch of nonsense, yeah I think its fair to say that they are being dumb since that is probably the most polite way I could say that. Its not like we are dropping curse words or making it personal. 

I just dont like the people who start making stuff up or spreading misinformation. And I dont know how much of that you can really report since there is a grey line with that if its really against the rules of the forums. Like the guy who raged about his cards being "revenge graded", like that just needs to be called out on and is legitamently stupid. Especially when he had off centered cards and card with quality control issues. Nobody deleted the thread even when the staff chimed in, so I think the OP deserved some heat just for trying to say such a thing.

I understand what you're saying, but you can't fix stupid, no matter how hard you try. Just don't be surprised if you get moderated. Things are pretty tight around here, especially since so many people are just sitting at home with nothing better to do. There are plenty of eye-opening threads on the comic forums where people say ridiculous things and get steamrolled by logic. Always attack the point, not the person.

4 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Again the same ppl get mad about ppl being mad. Noone is mad they jus want it to be honest. Ur batting a eye for this company, and thats why ppl say u must be Paul or affiliated with them. All u say is cgc is doing their best and they are awesome or bring up a fake Paul quote. Lol

Literally none of this has happened.

I think there's an enormous difference between between complaining about turn around times not being exact dates, and what I'm actually doing. I'm more complaining that the estimated turn around time has been adjusted 3 or 4 times in the past month... Wanting to know if my wait time is being extended, or if I'm ahead of those orders is a pretty reasonable thing to want to know.  So what if I'm a little agitated? I honestly can't believe how many of you are taking the time to respond to this thread, dozens of times

Edited by UncSven

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I understand what you're saying, but you can't fix stupid, no matter how hard you try. Just don't be surprised if you get moderated. Things are pretty tight around here, especially since so many people are just sitting at home with nothing better to do. There are plenty of eye-opening threads on the comic forums where people say ridiculous things and get steamrolled by logic. Always attack the point, not the person.

Problem is that people are not always logical and dont listen to logic. I mean, look at how many times you explain something to someone with the facts yet they keep going on and on senselessly. And it takes alot for me to call someone stupid. Like Im not going to call anyone that right away since I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But when their behavior starts to show that they are kind of psycho, yeah I think saying that they are acting stupid is fair. And I dont see how I would get modded on that. Im not being out of line if someone starts acting nuts and I call their behavior stupid. If I get modded then Id would post less and I wouldnt disagree, but hey, Im here and Im going to say what I can that respects the boundaries. If its out of line then I might push back but so far I dont think Im being unreasonable.