• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, UncSven said:

I think there's an enormous difference between between complaining about turn around times not being exact dates, and what I'm actually doing. I'm more complaining that the estimated turn around time has been adjusted 3 or 4 times in the past month... Wanting to know if my wait time is being extended, or if I'm ahead of those orders is a pretty reasonable thing to want to know.  So what if I'm a little agitated? I honestly can't believe how many of you are taking the time to respond to this thread, dozens of times

Yeah, you need to contact the staff and not us since we didnt grade your cards.

There are complaints daily but most of the people complaining dont try to make an effort and understand what is going on before posting, so we tell them why things the way they are and they get snappy. Im sure people have tried to tell you whats going on but like everyone else, your just not listening. We are trying to help you but at this point, you clearly arent interested in what we have to say and should just deal with the staff directly.

3 minutes ago, UncSven said:

People keep saying there is a public statement by cgc regarding trading card TATs, can anyone direct me to it? I can't seem to find it.

All they say is, we understand everyone's feelings towards tat and they are trying their best. Nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, UncSven said:

People keep saying there is a public statement by cgc regarding trading card TATs, can anyone direct me to it? I can't seem to find it.

Paul made another comment on another thread that was a little more specific, but I can't recall which thread that was.

15 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Sometimes its warranted though. I try to be as nice as I can, but when you have people who start getting irrational and saying a bunch of nonsense, yeah I think its fair to say that they are being dumb since that is probably the most polite way I could say that. Its not like we are dropping curse words or making it personal. 

I just dont like the people who start making stuff up or spreading misinformation. And I dont know how much of that you can really report since there is a grey line with that if its really against the rules of the forums. Like the guy who raged about his cards being "revenge graded", like that just needs to be called out on and is legitamently stupid. Especially when he had off centered cards and card with quality control issues. Nobody deleted the thread even when the staff chimed in, so I think the OP deserved some heat just for trying to say such a thing.

I think most of us just want to know what's going on. The only info we get in regards to our subs is the received status and the ever increasing tat. People on here are just looking for answers.

2 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

I think most of us just want to know what's going on. The only info we get in regards to our subs is the received status and the ever increasing tat. People on here are just looking for answers.

The same answers keep being given though. And its explained over and over again that their overloaded and even have trouble getting stuff logged in quickly since they are being pounded with mail. Its just like how every day someone asks when Yugioh will be graded. Sorry but I dont feel bad calling some people dumb when they dont try to understand something before doing some research before hand. You might think its harsh, but like come on, make a little bit of effort before posting something thats been posted 100 times already.

2 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

Patience, my friend. Patience. This isn't CGC's first rodeo. They know what they're doing when it comes to the processes of grading and encapsulating collectibles.

I know that shifting TATs suck, but we don't have any recourse. All we can do is wait.

21 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

TATs look at current submission rates and how many cards they can grade per day and estimate wait times.  

Cards have become a crazy hot collectible, prices have exploded, submissions have increased exponentially, and TAT estimates have had to be adjusted.  Everyone is trying to get cards graded right now.   Covid is also a huge problem as it makes hiring more difficult, staff may get sick, and every business has to make changes to their processes.  Thanks to Covid everything is harder to do and takes longer.

Look at the big picture and understand the current environment and try to relax.  Your cards are in good hands

Just now, Sp33dy said:

Still belive alot of yall are the staff.lol Paul. Its ok to let ppl be mad, the last few responses from yall is alot easier to read. The angry and name calling isn't what is necessary 

Do you have a modicum of evidence to support that, or is it a baseless assumption?

7 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Still belive alot of yall are the staff.lol Paul. Its ok to let ppl be mad, the last few responses from yall is alot easier to read. The angry and name calling isn't what is necessary 

Just ignore them, they are trying to make people rage if you disagree with them. They like trolling/bullying people for hours. I stopped commenting for this very reason. They shouldn't even comment if they have nothing to say. All I have heard is the same stuff over and over. Sucking up to the fact that were getting pushed further and further. With no explanation if we're ahead of the new bulk people... I left for a while and came back just to see the same people ranting... 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Just ignore them, they are trying to make people rage if you disagree with them. They like trolling/bullying people for hours. I stopped commenting for this very reason. They shouldn't even comment if they have nothing to say. All I have heard is the same stuff over and over. Sucking up to the fact that were getting pushed further and further. With no explanation if we're ahead of the new bulk people... I left for a while and came back just to see the same people ranting... 

Do you have a modicum of evidence to support this accusation, or are you hypocritically doing that which you claim to condemn?

5 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Nobody is trying to you off or bully you. Its more like your given answers that you do not want to hear. We keep explaining to you that CGC is overloaded and the industry as a whole is swamped and things keep getting pushed back, yet you cannot come to terms that its an industry and not a CGC issue.

Im sorry that I think your acting childish and very stupid after I explain over and over again the same facts and you refuse to listen. I cant imagine people having patience when we already laid out the facts and they just will not click with you. At this point, yeah you have yourself a personal problem since your given all the information and cannot come to terms with it. Please do not post again since ya, your just wasting your time when you do not want anyone to tell you how things are and just want to accept your own version of reality.

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

The same answers keep being given though. And its explained over and over again that their overloaded and even have trouble getting stuff logged in quickly since they are being pounded with mail. Its just like how every day someone asks when Yugioh will be graded. Sorry but I dont feel bad calling some people dumb when they dont try to understand something before doing some research before hand. You might think its harsh, but like come on, make a little bit of effort before posting something thats been posted 100 times already.

I mean like give us an update on where they are at in terms of submission dates. I think I seen an admin say they are currently grading subs from early December. Like give us an update every couple weeks that we can see on the website. I think at that point people would have an idea of how close there stuff is to getting pushed through the process. People being left in the dark is what's causing all this frustration imo

Edited by johnnyms

1 minute ago, johnnyms said:

I mean like give us an update on where they are at in terms of submission dates. I think I seen an admin say they are currently grading subs from early December. Like give us an update every couple weeks that we can see on the website. I think at that point people would have an idea of how close there stuff is to getting pushed through the process. People being left in the dark is what's causing all this frustration imo

I dont think your completely wrong but at the same time people would probably still complain. They should make a posted note of where orders are at for the people who have to hear it from them. I just think that most people dont really need to be told by CGC what is going on to have an idea where things are at. If they said early December is where they are at on bulk, then thats where they are at. Not to sound philosophical, but I dont know why some people need to be told things instead of coming up with their own original thoughts. If we know everything is backed up and its just a waiting game, then we dont need CGC to tell us that. I know not everyone can think independently but some people just dont seem to even try to make an effort to figure stuff out on their own.

13 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

I dont think your completely wrong but at the same time people would probably still complain. They should make a posted note of where orders are at for the people who have to hear it from them. I just think that most people dont really need to be told by CGC what is going on to have an idea where things are at. If they said early December is where they are at on bulk, then thats where they are at. Not to sound philosophical, but I dont know why some people need to be told things instead of coming up with their own original thoughts. If we know everything is backed up and its just a waiting game, then we dont need CGC to tell us that. I know not everyone can think independently but some people just dont seem to even try to make an effort to figure stuff out on their own.

Yeah I just think that if that's the case then there really shouldn't be a tat on bulk or economy. That way people won't have expectations as to when their subs will be done. That's what psa just did. You don't even see a tat under any of the services. It just says tat impacted. you cant even submit under economy either. They don't want to give unrealistic expectations to their customers. They are basically saying we are so backed up that we can't give you a tat so submit your cards at your own risk lol. 

34 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

Yeah I just think that if that's the case then there really shouldn't be a tat on bulk or economy. That way people won't have expectations as to when their subs will be done. That's what psa just did. You don't even see a tat under any of the services. It just says tat impacted. you cant even submit under economy either. They don't want to give unrealistic expectations to their customers. They are basically saying we are so backed up that we can't give you a tat so submit your cards at your own risk lol. 

With standard or above, it seems to be on point. But Bulk or economy, its just a weird situation since the changes happened very recently, as in only a month ago. If it gets to that point to where they dont know the TAT, then im sure they will let people know, but right now its in a flux. Its probably going to stablize at some point since it cannot go up indefinitely. 

I think someone else mentioned it on the 100 other threads but Paul already said that they are working on December's bulk/economy. I dont know how many more times he can repeat that. Its like a little kid asking 100 times if we are there yet and its like "no timmy, we arent there yet for the 100th time" even though its only been like 2 seconds.