• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2021 at 4:41 PM, C2N0 said:

Bulk sub?

Yes. 40 books. Does that make a difference? I didn’t see anything that said it would be slower. They’re currently still on step one. 

Edited by Kerdese

54 minutes ago, Kerdese said:

Yes. 40 books. Does that make a difference? I didn’t see anything that said it would be slower. They’re currently still on step one. 

At this point I would just assume anything bulk is going to be impacted, whether it be cards or books. These are turbulent times. 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

I am getting my final Bulk submission ready to mail out tomorrow, and I am prepared to not get it back this year. 

The writing is on the wall: CGC's natural exponential growth + the mass exodus from PSA + slabbing any card at $9/card is guaranteed profit + stimulus checks + booming card market = you are going to WISH Bulk was still only 4 months here very shortly. 

Or you can just keep complaining on here and we can all come back in a month and laugh. 

Hahaha lol very true.. wish it wasn't but you are so right...

On 3/4/2021 at 9:18 AM, Kerdese said:

Good lord. My books have been out for 62 business days already. I just found out that I still have 80-90 more business days to go! That is painfully slow. I sent my books out at the end of November and I won’t get them back until July! I could almost create another human in that time. There has to be a quicker way of doing this.

Currently I have eight submissions and yesterday submissions received 1/18 (38 business days) were finally marked as SFG. I don't do bulk though, just 10-15 at a time FWIW.

I have one bulk card submission from around that same time and those still only show received.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

1 hour ago, J-KComics said:

Hahaha lol very true.. wish it wasn't but you are so right...

They will be back this year. Its just a 60 something day wait right now. Standard seems to be flowing just fine though. I got a standard order from 2/6 that was shipped today. Im probably going to avoid bulk moving forward since its very time consuming wait wise. Standard or higher seems to be going good.

1 hour ago, mattyzeepgam said:

They will be back this year. Its just a 60 something day wait right now. Standard seems to be flowing just fine though. I got a standard order from 2/6 that was shipped today. Im probably going to avoid bulk moving forward since its very time consuming wait wise. Standard or higher seems to be going good.

Bulk is at 79 days, what are you talking about? That’s 4 months and the PSA spike hasn’t even been realized yet. It’s okay for us to discuss this stuff openly, we don’t need a forum arbiter always downplaying any constructive discussion on this forum. 

Whenever the turnaround times increase I just automatically consider my order grandfathered into the new turnarounds.
The way I see it, would you want a grader to take the proper time to give you the most accurate grade/market value?
or do you just want it rushed w/ mistakes?

Also, I've heard a new CGC Building is under construction. Can anyone confirm is this a receiving/shipping department? grading department?
either way that's good news in my book (thumbsu

Edited by Michael Ledon

2 hours ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Bulk is at 79 days, what are you talking about? That’s 4 months and the PSA spike hasn’t even been realized yet. It’s okay for us to discuss this stuff openly, we don’t need a forum arbiter always downplaying any constructive discussion on this forum. 

It says 79 days but people are getting them back in 60 something days. Bulk and economy submissions from 1st week of december have been worked on and shipped this week, so thats 3 months and not 4. They will be coming back this year. You might want to read previous posts before coming to conclusions.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

It says 79 days but people are getting them back in 60 something days. Bulk and economy submissions from 1st week of december have been worked on and shipped this week, so thats 3 months and not 4. They will be coming back this year. You might want to read previous posts before coming to conclusions.

Noone has received from early dec. They jus got put to scheduled for grading or quality. They haven't got shipped yet.

40 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Noone has received from early dec. They jus got put to scheduled for grading or quality. They haven't got shipped yet.

That is incorrect if you are going by date marked as received in the system. I had a bulk no subgrades and a bulk with subgrades both logged as received December 2nd. And both have been graded and back in my hands already.

5 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

Mine got shipped 3/10

11 card economy with sub

received 12/03

On 3/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, johnnyms said:

Yep and imagine the people submitting now. They are expecting their cards to be done in 65 business day for economy but three months from now it'll be doubled if things continue they way they are. I get that they are busy but don't be surprised when people are upset when you can't meet the expectations you set for them. Once our submissions are done there will just be a new group of people complaining like we are now, all because of the false expectations given. If you're so backed up Get rid of tat and people won't be so quick to complain.

That's fine. Hopefully the upset people take their business elsewhere and the lower TATs for those sticking around. You aren't forced to keep using CGC. If you want to keep using CGC (after knowing this), then this is what you'll have to put up with. Your choice. And I don't just mean you, I mean that to everyone reading. I made my choice of sending my comics to CGC rather than CBCS for instance  and I don't expect them back for 6 months.

Also:

image.thumb.png.2df8956b4fb97f702ff94c64e73ff190.png

Edited by William-James88

Did you guys check out the turn times today. Bulk is now up to 111 the other ones have increased big time as well. 

12 hours ago, ERubio said:

Mine got shipped 3/10

11 card economy with sub

received 12/03

That's good news at least. 

51 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

But i wanna complain 24/7. Sorry but your not going to stop me! Im shipping out a bulk submission today and will be back on here monday talking about how bad the tats are and how this is like being a political prisoner. No justice in this world!!! As im packing my cards up and filling out my submission form...

Dammit, why did CGC remove the laugh emoji?!

23 minutes ago, J-KComics said:

Stop being a troll. lol People complain about everything. I'm still sending in orders regardless of the times. They should have been better prepared though to take orders. Political prisoner... take that stuff and get out of here, this isn't about politics... Did it make you feel good inside to comment?

Its just pointless to complain. Yes, its midly annoying that wait times have increased, but what do you wanna do about it sides talk about how terrible it is and how you would do a way better job? No offense but I doubt nobody on here would be handling this situation better. Half the people on here would probably quit the company and ball up in a corner. If your having issues, then im sure you can email cgc asking for their manager.