• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upcharges?

3 posts in this topic

I haven't read anything regarding potential upcharges like PSA does if a graded value of a card exceeds the value declared on the submission. I've heard on a Facebook group that this does happen with CGC. Is this accurate?
Edit: I did just read on the Service Terms:"Customer represents and warrants to each Company that the Declared Value set forth on the Submission Form represents Customer’s good faith belief as to the market value of the collectible. If a Company determines that collectibles are undervalued, it will adjust the Services and fees according to its determination of the fair market value of the collectible. However, Company will not adjust the Declared Value stated by the Customer."

So my question instead would be "Is fair market value determination based on before or after grading?"

Edited by LuckyMouse
Change after reading Service Terms

• Administrator

Yes, we will upcharge if a card is clearly in the wrong tier. We are not going to bump you if you have a $20 card that is now worth $150 because it's a 10. We will certainly bump a card if it's $500 raw and it is in bulk, though.

Paul

Hi Paul I’m just curious about my order because I think I made this mistake on my order CGC5746429886. I sent in 50 cards bulk and I have 2 charizards in it that are definitely over the 100 dollar limit but I didn’t read the bulk rules I guess so I sent them with some other cheaper cards will my payment method be automatically charged or will they contact me first ? Either way I’m fine with paying the up charge just curious as if this is why my order is still sitting at received