• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella coming to the big screen?!
1 1

59 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

A series on HBO with lots of full frontal. But I don't think she can really wear her Vamp[i outfit.

Maybe she should just be naked the whole time.

20 minutes ago, the blob said:

A series on HBO with lots of full frontal. But I don't think she can really wear her Vamp[i outfit.

Yes, the costume is a problem. I’ve noticed that it has morphed a bit over the years from her first issue cover appearance. In that painting, (the top of her red costume where it meets the collar) the red material was connected to the white collar going over the shoulders making for a much more stable outfit. Somewhere along the line (most likely to make it more sexy) it was changed to where the collar and top of the red costume are connected by a gold ring. For an actress to wear something like this would never work. They would have to glue the costume to her body!

62269525-845F-4AD7-B985-2B808A46AC4D.jpeg

Edited by Jayman
Added pic

15 hours ago, Jayman said:

Yes, the costume is a problem. I’ve noticed that it has morphed a bit over the years from her first issue cover appearance. In that painting, (the top of her red costume where it meets the collar) the red material was connected to the white collar going over the shoulders making for a much more stable outfit. Somewhere along the line (most likely to make it more sexy) it was changed to where the collar and top of the red costume are connected by a gold ring. For an actress to wear something like this would never work. They would have to glue the costume to her body!

You say that like it's a bad thing .

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing .

yeah, plenty of costumes are taped on the women in them to make sure nothing pops out while at the same time showing as much as possible. objectifying women. it is terrile. better if everyone just has no clothing on.

4 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Vampirella is so dang campy. Sexy alien space vampire, not sure how to make that play to a wider audience. Most likely shouldn't even try. A character designed to sell books to teenage boys with raging hormones will have to be reworked immensely, especially in todays cultural climate.

Here is something I'd love to see. One of the streaming services buys the rights to all Warren intellectual properties and starts producing a horror/sci-fi anthology series of short segments taken from Eerie, Creepy, Vampirella, 1984, Rook etc. Vampirella could play as a serial within the series.

Now that's something I can get behind.🤘

Like was said before. I dont think a movie would be able to do Vampirella justice , but you guys are right on about some kind of Netflix type of horror drama Ala Walking Dead.  Creepy and Eerie would be a great show too. Like a Creepshow type of show with Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie hosting it.🤔

On 3/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, Jayman said:

EC038F74-5752-44EB-9B2E-87C47E47B0B3.jpeg

On 3/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, oakman29 said:

Like was said before. I dont think a movie would be able to do Vampirella justice , but you guys are right on about some kind of Netflix type of horror drama Ala Walking Dead.  Creepy and Eerie would be a great show too. Like a Creepshow type of show with Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie hosting it.🤔

The only problem is that this is too much like "right". 

... Plus it denies a Hollywood Studio executive (,,, who has been mercifully spared from the ravages of intelligence) the opportunity to destroy yet another intellectual property. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

..."Interview with a Vampire" was done fairly well .... so who knows ? ... but it can't work with an hour and 20 minutes. 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:24 AM, wombat said:

There are so many modern titles I'm not sure you can pin it down. But like a lot of people, I buy them for the covers mostly. 

I'm glad Dynamite is bringing some of its Big Titles to the big screen.

This post was brought to you by the missing laugh emoji.

Edited by adampasz

36 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

For what it's worth, the post would have gotten a laugh emoji from me if it was available...

They LAUGHED at me at the Academy.... but now I will SHOW them !

bwaahahahahah .... GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu