• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Warlock #1

20 posts in this topic

Tough book...

The front center lower cover has a crease that breaks color. 4 spine creases. Spine scuffing on front cover. Rather large ink stain on back cover...it looks like an "aftermarket" stain...

I'd say a 6.5 - 7.0?

screwy.gif

Spine scuffing on front cover.

That's printing roller drag, and I am pretty sure CGC doesn't knock it. I know AA 11 almost always has that.

Rather large ink stain on back cover...it looks like an "aftermarket" stain

That's distributor overspray. Again, that usually isn't considered a defect.

I would give that copy an easy 8.5....possibly a 9.0 depending on how that bottom edge crease looks in hand.

Put it in your "Send to CGC stack" sumo.gif

You will be pleasantly surprised wink.gif

Are you offerning a money-back guarantee if this comes back lower than a 9.2, the level you'd need to makea slight profit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All of the defects pointed out by our colleagues are extremely minor, and are exagerated two-fold - because of the large scans, and because of the jet-black cover. My guess is, that in hand this is an easy 9.0. It is also a book, like it's brother Marvel Premiere #1, that will increase in value. I only slab to sell.

That being said, i just sold my MP #1 that was posted here not too long ago for OS 9.2 Book or $80. Obviously if you can acheive OS book on books worth less than $100 without slabbing, it is advisable to do so. As is often the case, many of our colleagues grade way too harshly on these boards, in part, to give the impression, that they know what they are talking about grin.gif

No doubt it's a tight book (I've certainly seen worse 9.0's) but the damage to the bottom front cover is a concern:

5f42e768.jpg

Anyway, its a keeper so i'll not be submitting. Thanks again to all (every comment gratefully received). thumbsup2.gif

Put it in your "Send to CGC stack" sumo.gif

You will be pleasantly surprised wink.gif

Are you offerning a money-back guarantee if this comes back lower than a 9.2, the level you'd need to makea slight profit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All of the defects pointed out by our colleagues are extremely minor, and are exagerated two-fold - because of the large scans, and because of the jet-black cover. My guess is, that in hand this is an easy 9.0. It is also a book, like it's brother Marvel Premiere #1, that will increase in value. I only slab to sell.

That being said, i just sold my MP #1 that was posted here not too long ago for OS 9.2 Book or $80. Obviously if you can acheive OS book on books worth less than $100 without slabbing, it is advisable to do so. As is often the case, many of our colleagues grade way too harshly on these boards, in part, to give the impression, that they know what they are talking about grin.gif

Well put!!!

I'd give it a solid 8.5 with a possible shot at a 9.0. Vert crisp looking book thumbsup2.gif

As is often the case, many of our colleagues grade way too harshly on these boards, in part, to give the impression, that they know what they are talking about grin.gif

Keep in mind two very important things here:

1) We are grading from scans, which is kind of like fighting in the dark... while guzzling a 40-ouncer with a girl on each arm.

2) CGC is not God, and someone grading a bit different (per OS) should not be the object of ridicule.

As is often the case, many of our colleagues grade way too harshly on these boards, in part, to give the impression, that they know what they are talking about grin.gif

Keep in mind two very important things here:

1) We are grading from scans, which is kind of like fighting in the dark... while guzzling a 40-ouncer with a girl on each arm.

2) CGC is not God, and someone grading a bit different (per OS) should not be the object of ridicule.

I agree with both points . . . but I particularly like the imagery of your first grin.gif

I love this book. My "copies" range from VG to NM. It's a book I'll always pick up if the price is right.

I'd say yours is a 8.5

My Marvel spotlight 5 looked about the same with a small corner crease (different from your bottom damage) but relatively the same in my mind and it received a PGX 8.5.

Nice Book although a bit tilted at the printer. I'll have to go back and check my copies to see if the production quality is similar.