• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am still surprised at the true reach Hayao miyazaki and most of Studio Ghibli have attained.  I remember my first experience with these was in 1985 with

Warriors of the Wind.warriorswind.jpg.32f4acd13b7535f541c7c905e5146021.jpg

I really enjoyed it . Which lead me to seeing what else was done and follow it. Eventually Disney gained rights to do a promotional vhs release to their stores to gauge interest for pre order, but ultimately only fully released Castle in the Sky , Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away under the Disney Label. My Neighbor Totoro  was released under Fox. Although later Disney did released DVDs for most of Studio Ghibli. When my daughter was born I acquired a bunch of Disney stuff20170516_183706.thumb.jpg.9bc30974c9f911e356bbb64b8d1e1a84.jpg

( There wasn't streaming or Disney+ back then)  So I could share some of the memories I had with her. The ones she loved most turned out to be the Studio Ghibli Disney Demos.

20210307_025145.thumb.jpg.f5634462ed9e2858770312587a4f68d7.jpg

( There are some differences in these vhs Vs the versions they edited for the DVDs) Which eventually lead to her love of anime and art. She is currently going to college to be an Art Teacher.  ( She now wants to share that same passion with others)

But if we are on the subject of anime then both Akira and Ghost in the Shell have to at least be mentioned.  

Thats quite interesting,never heard of these demos is the animation the same what they saying is different or is there diferent scenes.and you had me there with warrior of the wind,i knew that movie under naussica of the valley of the wind lol

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Thats quite interesting,never heard of these demos is the animation the same what they saying is different or is there diferent scenes.and you had me there with warrior of the wind,i knew that movie under naussica of the valley of the wind lol

It's not so much changed animation.  They cut a few small scenes and edited the dialog a bit. It was enough for my daughter to notice. 

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

Here’s another great under-the-radar action movie. 

And this has a TV sequel in the works.

‘Upgrade’: TV Series Sequel To Leigh Whannell’s Sci-Fi Movie In Works At Blumhouse & UCP, Writers Room Set

EXCLUSIVE: Leigh Whannell’s 2018 Blumhouse sci-fi thriller feature Upgrade is getting a TV series followup.

The series is co-created and executive produced by Whannell and Tim Walsh (Treadstone) who serves as showrunner. Whannell, coming off writing and directing Blumhouse’s The Invisible Man, is set to direct. Blumhouse Television and UCP are collaborating on the adaptation, which has opened a writers room.

Upgrade the series picks up a few years after the events of the film and broadens the universe with an evolved version of STEM and a new host – imagining a world in which the government repurposes STEM to help curb criminal activity.

11 minutes ago, makeminemarvel said:

Sorry for double post. Breaking Away is my all time favorite underdog/feel good movie.  

it is truly a great movie

Funny that of the 4 stars the lead would have the worst career.

But it is a great movie in every way. My kids loved it when I ran it by them

okay, I have been trying to not post good movies but movies you really should watch..here are two that are not readily available on my roku but need to be seen

f20d6f35-b958-4e14-b3ed-6ec70dd49729.ba4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWOiVmk6Lqztcbd1l_gFZ

Jimmy Cagney is so good in Ragtime, in fact, I lied, here is another Cagney (not the grapefruit in the face movie, better)

Yankee_Doodle_Dandy_(1942_poster).jpg

7 hours ago, Bird said:

okay, I have been trying to not post good movies but movies you really should watch..here are two that are not readily available on my roku but need to be seen

f20d6f35-b958-4e14-b3ed-6ec70dd49729.ba4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWOiVmk6Lqztcbd1l_gFZ

Jimmy Cagney is so good in Ragtime, in fact, I lied, here is another Cagney (not the grapefruit in the face movie, better)

I own a blu ray of black stallion,watched 15 min,and that was it maybe it wasnt my day for that movie i will give it a second shot,thank,maybe the begening was too slow or something.

8 hours ago, Bird said:

Nope my bad i dont own black stallion,never saw it,but i will,the movie i bought at a pawnshop was man from show river saw few minutes and shut it down ,was it any good?