• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm going to start off by saying the buyer is clearly in the wrong here.  The seller rules were clearly stated (and bolded).  The book was claimed and then reneged.

But I also can't help but feel that this could have been cleared up in a variety of ways.  I mean, it's $25 total shipped...I can't believe the buyer wouldn't just eat their pride and the costs and chalk this up to a mistake.  Lesson learned, move on.  But the seller could have also shipped in a protected mailer for about $8.  Yes, I get it, the sellers rules were VERY explicit and they shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate a buyer who can't or refuses to read.  Especially since the verbiage seems to indicate that it isn't the first time that request has been made and that there likely must have been some other bad experience that forced the seller to ship everything in priority boxes and nothing else.  I'm guessing a prior buyer received a book in a mailer that was damaged in shipment and there was a separate set of headaches smoothing that out so the seller just said "no more mailers" and went boxes only.  But then just tell nocutename that you're not liable for any damage that occurs in transit.

Second point, and with this one I understand that we live by a set of rules or we don't, there's no picking and choosing.  That said, it appears there were 3 copies of the book, of which at least one copy is still available.  This leads me to believe that the cancellation of the purchase doesn't necessarily financially harm the seller in the same way as if they were selling one copy of a Silver Surfer 3.  In the existing scenario, no buyers were deterred or turned away from purchasing the remaining stock.  In the example scenario of the Silver Surfer 3, the seller would most definitely take a hit because other potential buyers would have moved on and any other attempt on the sellers part to sell the book would likely be for a lower price than it was a week ago.  I guess that's a long winded way of saying that in the current situation, the seller is still "whole".

Again, we can't pick and choose and bend rules here and there, otherwise it all falls apart.  I get it, the buyer is 100% in the wrong here.  I'm just completely baffled that this is all playing out over $12.  The amount of time spent by the parties going back and forth on this is worth more than the book at this point.

I feel this way, too. For the most part. 

I can see it from both sides, but at the end of the day @nocutenameowes twelve lousy bucks for this to be a non issue. 

I mean, pick your battles.

43 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Now people are willing to burn their long time reputations over $12?

WTF is going on in here ?????

Right!? Don't they know I'm back and everything will be kumbaya?

Spoiler

!!!!!!!!1.jpg.0dbce0d26a619caf8ad02ec752080f57.jpg

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Sorry guys.....but I just don't see if from both sides on this one.

The rules were stated.  The rules were clear.  Period.

There was absolutely no ambiguity.  None.  If you don't like the stated rules.....then don't buy the books.

If you want to negotiate the stated rules, the time to do that is before you commit to a purchase.  

The seller stated the price of the book is X.

The seller stated the price of shipping is Y and not to come complaining about it after the fact.

The amount owed was X + Y........end of story.......all the rest is just a bunch of horse manure.  This can all end with a payment of $12.

I completely agree. The rules literally say don't ask me to ship it in another way. So no, I don't think the seller offering to ship it in another way makes any sense at all and shouldn't even be considered as a way this could have been avoided. 

I am not going to read through this and I will remove the notifications from this forum.

I told this seller I would just pay for the book.  But he too offense to my exception of the high shipping.  I don't need to disciplined by a seller.  I am the purchaser.

Any seller here would send ONE book in priority envelope.  Why would I want to pay more for shipping than the book is worth?  Why would you mail one cheap book in a priority box?  Just ship it in a priority envelope $9 done.  Nope he wants to charge me 13 + for shipping when that doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  

I come back to these boards and get ripped off my another seller.  One who could give too about packing and throw the books loosely into the largest padded envelope I have ever seen.  (look at my previous purchase last month) Cost ME $8 and my time to pack the books for return and the seller never gave me my shipping cost. 

I WILL NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY THESE BOARDS AGAIN.  I am not paying $13+ to ship a $12 book.  Sorry, not happening.  So ban me and I will finally never be able to purchase and get screwed by the sellers here again.  Thank you, do me the favor.

It is a shame as I purchased a lot of my collection from these very boards.   Oh well times change, I don't know why I bother revisiting this board as it leads me to just annoyance. 

1 hour ago, nocutename said:

I am not going to read through this and I will remove the notifications from this forum.

I told this seller I would just pay for the book.  But he too offense to my exception of the high shipping.  I don't need to disciplined by a seller.  I am the purchaser.

Any seller here would send ONE book in priority envelope.  Why would I want to pay more for shipping than the book is worth?  Why would you mail one cheap book in a priority box?  Just ship it in a priority envelope $9 done.  Nope he wants to charge me 13 + for shipping when that doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  

I come back to these boards and get ripped off my another seller.  One who could give too about packing and throw the books loosely into the largest padded envelope I have ever seen.  (look at my previous purchase last month) Cost ME $8 and my time to pack the books for return and the seller never gave me my shipping cost. 

I WILL NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY THESE BOARDS AGAIN.  I am not paying $13+ to ship a $12 book.  Sorry, not happening.  So ban me and I will finally never be able to purchase and get screwed by the sellers here again.  Thank you, do me the favor.

It is a shame as I purchased a lot of my collection from these very boards.   Oh well times change, I don't know why I bother revisiting this board as it leads me to just annoyance. 

So by your own logic you would be out $4? 

See the source image

I understand you're upset, but being the purchaser does not give you an excuse to talk to a seller like you did.  Especially a seller that has posted very clear rules for his thread regarding his shipping method and the cost.  It's not his fault if you didn't read the rules he clearly posted.  It's not his fault if he didn't have any additional books that you like.  And then to accuse him of robbery?  And get upset when he corrects you on it?  For mistakes that you made?  That's clearly not right.

This seller CLEARLY stated in his buying rules that he wouldn't.  Anyone who makes a purchase in a selling thread is expected to read and abide by the sellers stated rules.  You want him to ship differently for $9 when the seller clearly stated shipping was $13.95 and.....I'll quote directly from the rules in the first post of his selling thread......"Please don't whine about the shipping cost after the fact... it's posted right here.  Please don't ask me to ship any other way.  If you buy only one $3 book...it's still going to cost you $13.95 to ship it."

You're making all of this hassle over a shipping cost difference of $4.95.........when it was your mistake?  You seem to be asking a lot of questions that you wouldn't need to be asking if you had just read the sellers rules prior to purchasing.

That doesn't sound good and It shouldn't have happened.  It's understandable to be frustrated by things like that, but what a different seller did to you in a different transaction is irrelevant here.  If that seller wronged you, then you should bring it to the attention of the forum and they will be dealt with.  However, that's not a reason to take your frustrations out on another seller.

You keep saying "ripped off" but that's not what is happening here.  The seller stated clear rules which you effectively agreed to when you committed to a purchase.  If you made a mistake and neglected to read those rules......that can be understandable.......but you are still expected to realize that it's your own fault and abide by them.  You obviously won't be banned if you don't follow through.....but you could be added to the probation list until you've made it right.

And I do agree.......it is a shame.  You're a long time board member that appears to have a good reputation with the community and many people seem to like you.  Sadly, this kind of scenario is starting to play out way too frequently in here lately.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

Pathetic response. His shipping charges don’t get any clearer than what he posted.  You 100% deserve to be put on the deadbeat list.   You should grow up, pay what you owe, and just decide not to buy from him again.  Stop pretending to be the aggrieved party.  Enjoy spending your $25 elsewhere. Buh bye.

3 hours ago, nocutename said:

2 hours ago, Pitboss said:

So by your own logic you would be out $4? 

See the source image

Me Every Day by j-darts - Meme Center via Relatably.com

$4

Edited by Funnybooks

5 hours ago, nocutename said:

Jeannine,

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Please allow me to clarify a point here.

I did not take offense to your exception of my clearly stated sales and shipping terms, I took offense to the implication that I was "robbing" you.  That somehow I was specifically doing something criminal by simply using a clearly stated and verifiable postal service.

If our correspondence has to be posted to prove this, then so be it.  I'll let others decide that route, should they wish to see them to decide our case here.

Your angry and dismissive return PM made to me early this morning after I tried to work things out with you before placing this nomination, is also unappreciated. 

Please note that many options could have been taken without the unwarranted aggression I received from you.  All it would take is discussion and not malice.

I, again, apologize that you feel this way and I just wish you would just take a breath, step back one step, and realize this isn't as earth shattering as you're making it out to be.

I'm am still willing and able to complete this simple transaction with you with no hard feelings attached.  It doesn't have to be this hard.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Edited by Bio-Rupp
misspelled offense

6 hours ago, nocutename said:

tenor-106.gif

200-16.gif