• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, speedcake said:

no, we are friends. Have you even SEEN the movie?

Now that you mention it......I don't think our scenario needs to play out like the movie did. :foryou:

59 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

At this point, the shipping is a mute point.  The more egregious crime is promising to pay for the book and to give it away as a freebie.  The seller is short $12 as a result and that needs to be fixed.  The $5 shipping difference is such a stupid insignificant amount in the grand scheme of things to be wasting time on.

Honestly, should Rupp have given the book away before receiving payment?  No.  The buyer clearly showed no indication their word was good after backing out of an :takeit:, so why should they be trusted to pay for something that they won't even receive.

Exactly this.

The buyer told Rupp she would pay for the book and instructed him to give it away to someone else in the thread......which is what Rupp did.  A little prematurely perhaps, as you mentioned, since she hadn't paid for it yet.  But I'm guessing Rupp wanted to give it away while his thread was still active so he could include it in another buyers package.  The book is gone.  Now it's up to the buyer to either pay Rupp the $12 for the book or it's a probation worthy offense.  

21 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Exactly this.

The buyer told Rupp she would pay for the book and instructed him to give it away to someone else in the thread......which is what Rupp did.  A little prematurely perhaps, as you mentioned, since she hadn't paid for it yet.  But I'm guessing Rupp wanted to give it away while his thread was still active so he could include it in another buyers package.  The book is gone.  Now it's up to the buyer to either pay Rupp the $12 for the book or it's a probation worthy offense.  

The buyer seems to have made it pretty clear that they don't intend to pay back Rupp, nor do they appear to show remorse for the way the situation has played out.  Time to end this and just put them on the PL (as they so desire).

26 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

The buyer seems to have made it pretty clear that they don't intend to pay back Rupp, nor do they appear to show remorse for the way the situation has played out.  Time to end this and just put them on the PL (as they so desire).

happily seconded

30 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

If it's ok with you guys, I'd really prefer to give her the full time to come back to the table.

Perhaps a couple of more days to let the situation cool will result in a positive resolution.

If that doesn't happen, then at least I will feel like I have given her a fair opportunity to complete the transaction.  This will also give her enough time to read the other options I laid out in my post to Buzz. 

I guess it all the depends on whether she reads these posts or not.  

I will always feel that even the worst transaction can be saved if cooler heads prevail.  I have no problem waiting the entire three day nomination period in hopes of resolution.  If she chooses not to participate, then we can deal with it then.

No matter how she feels about me or my sales terms, she has been a long term member of the boards in good standing, and she deserves our patience.

All this said, you are correct @ExNihilo , I probably should have waited for payment before offering the item as a FREEBIE.  I just took her at her word, and that is definitely on me. :frown:

I will probably ask the recipient of that FREEBIE to chime in that he did in fact receive it.  I just don't want there to be any question that I did send it out to the person who claimed it 😉

xxx ooo

Rupp

Edited by Bio-Rupp

47 minutes ago, Bio-Rupp said:

If it's ok with you guys, I'd really prefer to give her the full time to come back to the table.

Perhaps a couple of more days to let the situation cool will result in a positive resolution.

If that doesn't happen, then at least I will feel like I have given her a fair opportunity to complete the transaction.  This will also give her enough time to read the other options I laid out in my post to Buzz. 

I guess it all the depends on whether she reads these posts or not.  

I will always feel that even the worst transaction can be saved if cooler heads prevail.  I have no problem waiting the entire three day nomination period in hopes of resolution.  If she chooses not to participate, then we can deal with it then.

No matter how she feels about me or my sales terms, she has been a long term member of the boards in good standing, and she deserves our patience.

All this said, you are correct @ExNihilo , I probably should have waited for payment before offering the item as a FREEBIE.  I just took her at her word, and that is definitely on me. :frown:

I will probably ask the recipient of that FREEBIE to chime in that he did in fact receive it.  I just don't want there to be any question that I did send it out to the person who claimed it 😉

xxx ooo

Rupp

Bio, you're too kind but I'm not ok with it. Even if somehow this specific situation is rectified, I feel this type of behavior would resurface with a different seller down the line. Especially after hearing what Bird said earlier. And thank you for bringing this to our attention.

5 minutes ago, CCComics said:

Bio, you're too kind but I'm not ok with it. Even if somehow this specific situation is rectified, I feel this type of behavior would resurface with a different seller down the line. Especially after hearing what Bird said earlier. And thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I understand @CCComics and you are probably right.

I'm sorry that @Bird went through something similar.  I read his post this morning and forgot to acknowledge it.  Sorry about that Bird... and also sorry you took a verbal berating like I did.  No one deserves that.

I thank you all for your input and I appreciate your time.

I will leave it up to you guys to decide if you think an early addition to the list is best.

She can always make things right on her own timetable, should she choose to do so.

I just hate that these things have to occur... especially over something so easily correctable.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I was really concerned about piling on because like I said I wasn’t without fault. I sent some 25 Cent / 50 Cent comics down to her and she was upset with the condition and she had a point. But I really felt attacked and it was funny that she told me I would send these books back in a minute but I got a double cover so I guess it’s all OK. And then all that stuff about this is not the place for me anymore and it used to be so much better etc

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I was really concerned about piling on because like I said I wasn’t without fault. I sent some 25 Cent / 50 Cent comics down to her and she was upset with the condition and she had a point. But I really felt attacked and it was funny that she told me I would send these books back in a minute but I got a double cover so I guess it’s all OK. And then all that stuff about this is not the place for me anymore and it used to be so much better etc

So she berated you about condition and wanted to return them...but decided not to because there was a double cover in the lot?

2 minutes ago, Bio-Rupp said:

So she berated you about condition and wanted to return them...but decided not to because there was a double cover in the lot?

Yes That’s pretty much it in a nutshell

Again I would never have brought it up but it sounded so similar to what she said to me that I thought it was relevant

Edited by Bird

On 3/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bird said:

I've gotten a similar message in the past, very upset and angry from the get go. I even thought she had a point but she just vented strongly, told me the boards aren't what they used to be and maybe she should stop buying here. That was a year or 3 ago. I was a noob seller and not as faultless as you are here, but she let me have it.

14 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Are you serious?  Do you really need $12 that much?  You should feel lucky you are allowed to post here given your past. 

Drop it and move on.

2 hours ago, CCComics said:

Even if somehow this specific situation is rectified, I feel this type of behavior would resurface with a different seller down the line. Especially after hearing what Bird said earlier. 

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I'm not sure if this thread is what BlowUpTheMoon was referring to.....but there appears to be a pattern that isn't good. :frown:

Edited by Domo Arigato