• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

At first, I was thinking that perhaps there was something personal going on that might have been a contributing factor.....or possibly the virus and quarantine situation might be causing nerves to be frayed........but now.....(shrug)

34 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I'm not sure if this thread is what BlowUpTheMoon was referring to.....but there appears to be a pattern that isn't good. :frown:

Also ironic that's she's freaking out over a $3 restocking fee yet ignoring that she'll have  to spend $13 to return the bags.

2020 AND NOW 2021 seem to the the year of excuses.

Rick Starr thread, excuses. TCC thread, a catalogue of excuses. This thread, yet more excuses and lame justification.

I'm just waiting for 'My dog ate my life savings', and then we will have the complete set. meh 

While I completely understand that rules are important and sometimes the principle is what's important, I'll take the risk of alienating everyone so far.  As I've read this, my only thought is "It's $12 for goodness sake.  Cancel the transaction and move on.  Just the time and aggravation involved in posting this has cost you more than $12.  This is now a lose/lose situation."  

I've had numerous buyers contact me a week after I sent an invoice and ask to cancel for various reasons (some just because they changed their mind).  And sometime for $80-$100 for a single book.  I've never seen the value in forcing someone to complete the sale unless there's a lot of money involved or it happens more than once.  If you force them to complete, they can always get it, immediately return it and everyone gets the short end of the stick.

Having said all that, she's clearly in the wrong.  I think we've all probably been there and my advice to her would be "Just eat the shipping and take the hit, move on and learn the lesson.  Don't make it worse by antagonizing sellers."

Anyway, that's my 2c

10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

What BUTM was referring to, was not an issue with Nocutename. ..It was an issue with the other person.

BTW, we have to wait 3 days as per the rules.

Ahh......ok......that wasn't clear to me since nothing was quoted.

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Adding someone to the probation list does not prevent them from posting or even doing business here.

But it does give everyone a warning so they can choose whether they want to deal with this kind of nonsense or not. 

Some people may not mind dealing with it.....but others do.

Completely get that.  But believe it or not, I don't think I've looked at either the HOS or Prob List in years (although I always post a prohibition against board members on those lists in my sales threads).  I don't know just seems like a lot of drama.

19 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Completely get that.  But believe it or not, I don't think I've looked at either the HOS or Prob List in years (although I always post a prohibition against board members on those lists in my sales threads).  I don't know just seems like a lot of drama.

Oh boy,I get to post this and giggle twice tonite!

a80a9193fa45f4ddfd52d936e7cc1661.png

46 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

While I completely understand that rules are important and sometimes the principle is what's important, I'll take the risk of alienating everyone so far.  As I've read this, my only thought is "It's $12 for goodness sake.  Cancel the transaction and move on.  Just the time and aggravation involved in posting this has cost you more than $12.  This is now a lose/lose situation."  

I've had numerous buyers contact me a week after I sent an invoice and ask to cancel for various reasons (some just because they changed their mind).  And sometime for $80-$100 for a single book.  I've never seen the value in forcing someone to complete the sale unless there's a lot of money involved or it happens more than once.  If you force them to complete, they can always get it, immediately return it and everyone gets the short end of the stick.

Having said all that, she's clearly in the wrong.  I think we've all probably been there and my advice to her would be "Just eat the shipping and take the hit, move on and learn the lesson.  Don't make it worse by antagonizing sellers."

Anyway, that's my 2c

I agree with you. We are talking about $12. I don't think this is PL worthy but there is no way I would ever deal with this buyer. There's a reason I keep a personal list, many of whom I put on ignore so I don't forget, so I'm at least happy that this thread was created so I could find out about this buyer.

Edited by Red84

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

I agree with you. We are talking about $12. I don't think this is PL worthy but there is no way I would ever deal with this buyer. There's a reason I keep a personal list, many of whom I put on ignore so I don't forget, so I'm at least happy that this thread was created so I could find out about this buyer.

I'm curious why you don't think this is PL worthy? Is it simply based on the dollar amount of the transaction?

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Anyway, that's my 2c

I get this line of thinking but the seller is actually doing a PSA by taking it here and possibly helping someone in the future from dealing with this person who clearly lacks any sense of integrity or business ethics.   The rules for the PL don’t have a monetary threshold.  It doesn’t matter if it’s $1 or $100.  Many sellers have in their rules no one on the PL or HOS and this believe it or keeps the vast majority of documented deadbeats away from the marketplace.

I 100% agree with your advice to the buyer, take the “hit” and move on.