• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, Red84 said:

Trying to force a buyer to pay is tricky because they could always return it. Trying to force a sale of $12 is a gigantic waste of time. At some point people need to act like adults and just move on.

This is not the first time that @Bio-Rupp has tried to force a sale over $12 or less. If you check out the below thread, you'll see that @Bio-Rupp blew up a relationship with a customer who had previously purchased more than $1,000 worth of books when the buyer decided he wanted to back track on a single $10 purchase to avoid the $14 shipping. Common sense and being reasonable goes a long way in transactions. 

@nocutename acted unprofessionally in her interaction here, but @Bio-Rupp also raises red flags with his lack of reasonableness here.  It's $12. Chalk it up, add to your personal list, and move on.

It's not that complicated!!!

Red flag?  For asking someone to adhere to board rules concerning a legitimate :takeit: ?  I get a red flag for that? 

This is not really as cut and dry as you are presenting it here. 

I have literally the longest wall of text concerning this on June 4th, 2020 in the General Discussion thread that spells what happened perfectly.  Read it if you like, but trust me its wordy and has many colors and fonts. ;)  Make sure you pay special attention to the timeline.  I have the date stamps if you need them.  I'm amazed that I still have to defend myself for that transaction. 

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean - Page 1688 - Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Please note that you totally forgot to explain the part where I couldn't answer Comical Situation's PM quick enough or his perceived view of my unsavory misuse of the term "Gotcha something to think about" in relation to his asking for excessive discounts?   We can all agree that an offer of $130 for $265 worth of merchandise might be a little low, can't we?  The fact he didn't get this discount, was what started all that in the first place.   

You remember, when he got upset when he didn't get what he wanted, and decided to back out of another item that he placed a  :takeit: for ? 

Here's the timeline cut and pasted for you from that specific transaction with Comical.  What did I do wrong here?  The thread ran almost another two weeks past these messages.  Hundreds of items were posted after this.  

=============================================================================== 

"Let's just group our PMs together in a simple timeline of pertinent information instead of the large, continuous, two months of PMs you chose to post in the Marketplace Probations thread.  

Please note that each line is a separate PM to alleviate any confusion.  Again you're RED and I'm BLUE.  I also put a PURPLE in there for additional pertinent information only...plus I like purple.

FRIDAY 8:05 PM - Great thread again!  If you can do 130 for the ASM, X-Men, GL and Batman books I'm a player.

FRIDAY 8:37 PM - Which ASM?  Already discounted a lot on these, but something to think about.  Hope you're doing well during all this pandemic stuff.

FRIDAY 8:38 PM - The AF15 cover

FRIDAY 8:40 PM - All the large omnis I've bought I paid around 45 regardless of title or subject, so that's where I'm looking to buy on the larger ones.  Smaller ones depends on subject, etc.

FRIDAY 8:49 PM - Gotcha  ;) Something to think about :)  xxx ooo Rupp

SATURDAY 4:24 PM - The ASM omnibus that was part of Troy's offer sells in the thread to another buyer.

SATURDAY 9:44 PM - You can go ahead and scratch my take from the thread please.  I won't be buying anything else and just realized the shipping is 14 bucks for the one book and I'm not paying to ship one.  thanks

"

=====================================================================

He started asking for discounts within hours of the thread starting on May 22.  I answered his PM as quick as I could and said I'd think about his offer, even though it was a tad too low. 

On day 2, one item he made an offer for sold, then he decided he wasn't buying anything else.  This thread ran 12 more days over 30+ pages and came to a soft close on June 4th. 

None of this was because he only found "one item and decided it wasn't worth it due to my stated shipping price".  It was clearly because he didn't get what he wanted and reacted with malice.

I asked for none of that aggravation yet I told him if he felt strong enough about it, he could bring it here or to CGeneral.  He bought it over here, posted a thread about it, and was pretty much set straight by our peers?  I remember it well.

I'm still trying to figure out how all that was exactly my fault?

You also need to understand something about me and these sales.  I do it for fun.  The money is nice, but if you ever look at what I'm selling you will see that no one is getting rich in my house. 

If the customer decides to make these sales "un-fun"... then I don't care if they spend $1 or $1000.  We don't have to work together. 

I will do everything in my power to make it a positive experience. 

Sometimes I can't.  A few reason why I can't is usually because they decide not to read the sales terms that we are required to have posted on our sales.  Sometimes it's due to some perceived misconception that I somehow owe them something and when they don't get it, they go all "gun's a' blaziin' ".  Sometimes instead of just saying "hey I messed up", they accuse me of "robbery".  

I have people that buy every month with no issues.  I love dealing with them.  I can't understand why you are trying to make me out to be a bad guy here.

Nocutename told me that she would pay for the book and that I could donate it and not ship it to her.  All I had sent her at this time was a simple invoice.  This is what SHE came back with.  I did what she asked, and then she said she would not pay.  How is that forcing her to do anything that she HERSELF didn't say she was going do?  How exactly am I forcing her to do anything.  

Again I have all the messages, if you need to have legitimate proof.

Honestly, why are you are blaming me for trying to get my money for an item that she told me should would pay for and that I should give away?  This is somehow my fault?  Your accusation isn't really fair to me or this situation. 

I respect your opinion and value your input, but at least leave some meat on the bone concerning your accusations towards me if you're going to feed hungry dogs here.  Me being a "red flag" isn't a full meal in this case.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Edited by Bio-Rupp
spelling and punctuation

46 minutes ago, Red84 said:

It's $12.

Like I said earlier, I'm happy for the PSA that this buyer is difficult, but it is pretty much NEVER a good idea to try and force a buyer to make a purchase.

Yes, you gave away the book after she said she'd send you the $12 anyway, but, you should not have given it away before getting paid. She had just broken her word by back tracking on the purchase, and then you're surprised when she back tracks on sending you the $12 after you gave away the book.

Chalk it up as a loss. The thread is here as a warning to others. Putting her on the Probation List over $12 devalues and diminishes the List. My 2c

If I message you my address... will you send me $12 ?

Because...it's $12  ;) 

xxx ooo

Rupp

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

Trying to force a buyer to pay is tricky because they could always return it. Trying to force a sale of $12 is a gigantic waste of time. At some point people need to act like adults and just move on.

This is not the first time that @Bio-Rupp has tried to force a sale over $12 or less. If you check out the below thread, you'll see that @Bio-Rupp blew up a relationship with a customer who had previously purchased more than $1,000 worth of books when the buyer decided he wanted to back track on a single $10 purchase to avoid the $14 shipping. Common sense and being reasonable goes a long way in transactions. 

@nocutename acted unprofessionally in her interaction here, but @Bio-Rupp also raises red flags with his lack of reasonableness here.  It's $12. Chalk it up, add to your personal list, and move on.

Why are you bringing this older thread into a completely unrelated discussion?

Also, having followed that thread when it was happening and re-reading it now I completely disagree that it was Bio-Rupp who "blew up a relationship."  Comical Situations immediately went on the offensive over a pretty innocuous reply to his request and it just devolved rapidly from there.

We aren't here to re-litigate a year old, un-related issue are we?

4 minutes ago, Bio-Rupp said:

Red flag?  For asking someone to adhere to board rules concerning a legitimate :takeit: ?  I get a red flag for that? 

This is not really as cut and dry as you are presenting it here. 

I have literally the longest wall of text concerning this on June 4th, 2020 in the General Discussion thread that spells what happened perfectly.  Read it if you like, but trust me its wordy and has many colors and fonts. ;)  Make sure you pay special attention to the timeline.  I have the date stamps if you need them.  I'm amazed that I still have to defend myself for that transaction. 

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean - Page 1688 - Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Please note that you totally forgot to explain the part where I couldn't answer this Comical Situation's PM quick enough or his perceived view of my unsavory misuse of the term "Gotcha something to think about" in relation to his asking for excessive discounts?   We can all agree that an offer of $130 for $265 worth of merchandise might be a little low, can't we?  The fact he didn't get this discount, was what started all that in the first place.   

You remember, when he got mad, went all "guns a' blazin' " when he didn't get what he wanted and decided to back out of another item that he placed a  :takeit: for ?   

I asked for none of that aggravation yet I told him if he felt strong enough about it, he could bring it here or to CGeneral.  He bought it over here, posted a thread about it, and was pretty much set straight by our peers?  I remember it well.

I'm still trying to figure out how all that was exactly my fault?

You also need to understand something about me and these sales.  I do it for fun.  The money is nice, but if you ever look at what I'm selling you will see that no one is getting rich in my house. 

If the customer decides to make these sales "un-fun"... then I don't care if they spend $1 or $1000.  We don't have to work together. 

I will do everything in my power to make it a positive experience. 

Sometimes I can't.  A few reason why I can't is usually because they decide not to read the sales terms that we are required to have posted on our sales.  Sometimes it's due to some perceived misconception that I somehow owe them something and when they don't get it, they go all "gun's a' blaziin' ".  Sometimes instead of just saying "hey I messed up", they accuse me of "robbery".  

I have people that buy every month with no issues.  I love dealing with them.  I can't understand why you are trying to make me out to be a bad guy here.

Nocutename told me that she would pay for the book and that I could donate it and not ship it to her.  All I had sent her at this time was a simple invoice.  This is what SHE came back with.  I did what she asked, and then she said she would not pay.  How is that forcing her to do anything that she HERSELF didn't say she was going do?  How exactly am I forcing her to do anything.  

Again I have all the messages, if you need to have legitimate proof.

Honestly, why are you are blaming me for trying to get my money for an item that she told me should would pay for and that I should give away?  This is somehow my fault?  Your accusation isn't really fair to me or this situation. 

I respect your opinion and value your input, but at least leave some meat on bone concerning your accusations towards me if you're going to feed hungry dogs here.  Me being a "red flag" isn't a full meal in this case.

xxx ooo

Rupp

In that thread @Comical Situations had purchased more than $1,000 from you in prior sales. Then in a separate sale he only found one book that he wanted which was $10. He didn't want to move forward with that $10 transaction because of the shipping. You then raised a stink and told him he had to abide by his :takeit:. While you were technically correct, did it make sense to burn a bridge with a longstanding customer over $10? You want to know what the correct response from you should have been when he didn't want to finish that $10 deal? You should have said, "No worries, forget it." You know what would have happened after that? Nothing bad, because you would have been acting reasonably. He probably would have purchased from you again in the future.

It was $10.

Now it's $12.

Is all the aggravation worth it?

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

Biorup raises red flags? That is completely inappropriate. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, but whatever it is you are not doing it well. 

3 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Why are you bringing this older thread into a completely unrelated discussion?

Also, having followed that thread when it was happening and re-reading it now I completely disagree that it was Bio-Rupp who "blew up a relationship."  Comical Situations immediately went on the offensive over a pretty innocuous reply to his request and it just devolved rapidly from there.

We aren't here to re-litigate a year old, un-related issue are we?

It's very related!

Both situations involve @Bio-Rupp trying to force a sale of $10 or $12 when a buyer asked to be let out of the transaction because they didn't want the one book shipped. Were the buyers wrong under the rules? Absolutely. Did Bio-Rupp respond in a reasonable manner? No.

Is all of this trouble worth $10 or $12? No.

But that's just my opinion. :foryou:

4 minutes ago, Red84 said:

It's very related!

Both situations involve @Bio-Rupp trying to force a sale of $10 or $12 when a buyer asked to be let out of the transaction because they didn't want the one book shipped. Were the buyers wrong under the rules? Absolutely. Did Bio-Rupp respond in a reasonable manner? No.

Is all of this trouble worth $10 or $12? No.

But that's just my opinion. :foryou:

What? Force a sale? In this case, the one relevant to the discussion you are posting in, he agreed to have @nocutenamejust pay for the book (HER SUGGESTION REMEMBER) and he'd donate it to someone else as a solution to her not wanting to pay for shipping. She then refused to even honor the deal that far.

What the hell are you going on about?

Edited by speedcake

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

What? Force a sale? In this case, the one relevant to the discussion you are posting in, he agreed to have @nocutenamejust pay for the book (HER SUGGESTION REMEMBER) and he'd donate it to someone else as a solution to her not wanting to pay for shipping. She then refused to even honor the deal that far.

What the hell are you going on about?

It's $12.

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

And let's be fair here, virtually every sales thread here has similar or higher shipping costs.  It's very expensive to ship anything now.  nocutename should have assumed or suspected shipping would run her $10 to $15 minimum without reading Rupp's rules.

Exactly,,,,,,,,,when you have been doing this as long as some of us have,,,,,,,,, it just doesn't make sense to act blind to the obvious changes that are occurring daily in our hobby,,,,,sigh,,,,, 

It seems as if both parties have made their points clear. 

@Bio-Rupp will likely get his wish to place @nocutename on the PL

@nocutename will likely by content with being on the PL as she has stated:

So ban me and I will finally never be able to purchase and get screwed by the sellers here again”

Future buyers/sellers will now be aware or more aware of both these boardies and can decide for themselves if they wish to deal with them in the future. There seems to be much under the surface from both members and that’s unfortunate. You are the culmination of the actions you take in life and sometimes perception can also be reality. Let’s move on...

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

If we let people off the hook for $10 or $12 or $50 where does it end? It's a really slippery slope. Do you (not YOU Red84) know how many books I have bought over the years that was a single book in thread that I blew my brains out on shipping 1 book to Canada?? Before I hit :takeit: I weigh in my mind if I REALLY need that book and iF I feel yes I buy it. I used to wait to see if other books in the thread would interest me but then I would miss out while waiting. Like others have said, no one here is making money on shipping and when I ship books to US boardies I usually lose a few bucks on shipping on every box because shipping up here is criminal.  If people can't read and accept the rules - and they couldn't have been more clear here - don't buy the book(s)

Like I said before. It qualifies for the PL based on the rules. If it was me I would suck it up and pay for the book I purchased.

As to where does it end? Somewhere after $12.

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Like I said before. It qualifies for the PL based on the rules. If it was me I would suck it up and pay for the book I purchased.

As to where does it end? Somewhere after $12.

Do you realize how much therapy we all need after the last couple of weeks on this forum? $12 goes a long way...

image.jpeg.ca89f97f084602bf46e7d3b2abaec28b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Red84 said:

In that thread @Comical Situations had purchased more than $1,000 from you in prior sales. Then in a separate sale he only found one book that he wanted which was $10. He didn't want to move forward with that $10 transaction because of the shipping. You then raised a stink and told him he had to abide by his :takeit:. While you were technically correct, did it make sense to burn a bridge with a longstanding customer over $10? You want to know what the correct response from you should have been when he didn't want to finish that $10 deal? You should have said, "No worries, forget it." You know what would have happened after that? Nothing bad, because you would have been acting reasonably. He probably would have purchased from you again in the future.

It was $10.

Now it's $12.

Is all the aggravation worth it?

Did you even read the thread in question?

There a so many more levels there.

Again follow the link I posted and please read it.  

You honestly have no idea what it took to appease him...and the one time I couldn't...he decided to get mad.

Sure I hated to see him go, but I'm sorry, I'm not going to have my sales or my prices dictated to me based on someone's mood at any given time.  I don't need that aggravation nor should I as seller be expected to deal with it. 

None of that still has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on in this thread. 

Again, why try to make me the bad guy?

No one has ever forced anyone to place a :takeit: in any sale I have ever done(shrug)

Plus you never answered if you would warn fictional "Hollywood" about "Dave" in my scenario.  I think you would...you seem like a good guy and wouldn't want to see your friends taken like that.

Oh...and how about that $12 ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

I said it qualifies under the rules but I don’t think it is worthy of being included. My opinion. 

Would you want to deal with nocutename after reading this thread and the other linked thread?  If she can lose her mind over predeclared $13 shipping or a restocking fee that was calmly waved she could certainly be just as unreasonable in a high value transaction.

1 minute ago, Bio-Rupp said:

Did you even read the thread in question?

There a so many more levels there.

Again follow the link I posted and please read it.  

You honestly have no idea what it took to appease him...and the one time I couldn't...he decided to get mad.

Sure I hated to see him go, but I'm sorry, I'm not going to have my sales or my prices dictated to me based on someone's mood at any given time.  I don't need that aggravation nor should I as seller be expected to deal with it. 

None of that still has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on in this thread. 

Again, why try to make me the bad guy?

No one has ever forced anyone to place a :takeit: in any sale I have ever done(shrug)

Plus you never answered if you would warn fictional "Hollywood" about "Dave" in my scenario.  I think you would...you seem like a good guy and wouldn't want to see your friends taken like that.

Oh...and how about that $12 ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Like I said before, I appreciated the PSA.

I did read that thread. It was about $10.

This one is about $12.

I look forward to the one next year about $14. :banana:

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

Would you want to deal with nocutename after reading this thread and the other linked thread?  If she can lose her mind over predeclared $13 shipping or a restocking fee that was calmly waved she could certainly be just as unreasonable in a high value transaction.

I already said I have added her to my personal list and would not deal with her.