• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Records
4 4

93 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, picon3 said:

I went to SC ComicCon this past weekend in Greenville, SC.  At the 2nd to the last booth, they had this propped up for sale.  It is so nice that I'm considering sending it to CGC. 

A couple of questions Number Six.

I agree, sending the 45 is probably a bad idea, so I won't, but was curious about cleaning/pressing.  Have you sent PR in for slabbing that they were able to clean/press?  I've become a believer in that if you are going to submit, you should pay the extra tariff and get it done before grading.

Also, have you been able to sort out what they might be looking for with grading.  Note in the close up here, the stress at the spine.  I'm guessing this is going to knock it down considerably?

Thanks,

Paul~

IMG_20210419_0001.jpg

IMG_20210419_0001 (2).jpg

IMG_20210419_0001 (3).jpg

I didn’t see you there

@picon3

Paul,

When I sent my PR-10 still shrink wrapped to @joeypostto sub to CGC, he subbed it with the record inside. CGC didn’t slab it with the record inside, but did send it back with the graded book.

Edited by djpinkpanther67

On 4/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Morganmi said:

Found this Spidey Power records with the dragon man and man wolf stories. 

Cover is a bit rough but the record it self is in great shape and plays nice and crisp. Bonus find was this 1966 Batman music album from the TV show. Again cover in a bit beat but record itself quite nice. 

20220420_165807.jpg

20220420_165821.jpg

20220420_165833.jpg

That's the one I had as a kid, would love to find a copy again.  It's hilarious seeing the inside cover ads for Superman, Star Trek, and the Six Million Dollar Man on the inside cover.  That's FOUR publishers in one book... DC, Gold Key, Charlton, and of course Marvel as the actual feature.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, OtherEric said:

That's the one I had as a kid, would love to find a copy again.  It's hilarious seeing the inside cover ads for Superman, Star Trek, and the Six Million Dollar Man on the inside cover.  That's FOUR publishers in one book... DC, Gold Key, Charlton, and of course Marvel as the actual feature.

Yeah got a kick out of that also and if you look closely you can see that they have Conan fighting with kirk and spock. (shrug)lol

On 10/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, OtherEric said:

I think the Power Records all count as Bronze, even if a few of the late rereleases are edging towards early copper 

It's cellophane is around all edges so still sealed, but one side only has an inch or so of the plastic left on it. It doesn't slide out though.

It has some rippling on the bottom edge, already there when I got it,.so I'm hoping it's not water damage.

Still it's not "electronics", yet I don't want to open it all the way to find out. 😂

It just went in the drawer with my other "comic records" ,but idk what else to do with them. Other than keepsake?