• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Comic Book & Nostalgia Fest, March 7th, 2021

14 posts in this topic

The is a nice comic show on Sunday the 7th in Westlake, Ohio.  There will be about 20-30 dealers.  I am not the promoter, just a long time dealer (close to 30 years doing this). I will have about 27 boxes of about 7,000 comics from the golden age through the 80s/90s.  Please feel free to come over and say hello to me (my sign says Mark's Vintage Collectables) and I'm usually located in the center section facing the aisle in front of the western (non parking lot side) wall. My link to my inventory is

https://mega.nz/file/s9hgXagS#jwVdlsSYpxaO2ivF0SGvduLWv-BcH6FC9OauwZL8ZrM

(you might need to copy/paste this)

show-030721.jpg

Holy cow - it was packed in there.  We all had on masks but the promoter did a terrible job at keeping crowds to a minimum.  I'd say it was as packed as it use to be before COVID.  I got some stellar deals but I better not get sick this week because of the people.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Holy cow - it was packed in there.  We all had on masks but the promoter did a terrible job at keeping crowds to a minimum.  I'd say it was as packed as it use to be before COVID.  I got some stellar deals but I better not get sick this week because of the people.

Wanted to go, baby issues, you have any photos?

Naw - wasn’t a very pretty con and there was almost no cosplay people.  There was about 25 dealers with an assortment of very nice books but mostly low end $2/$5 type of stuff.  Way too many people for the size of the hall.

The one day shows here in the Carolinas have also been uber packed with attendees wanting to spend. It doesn’t matter if they were solely comic shows or mixed with other collectibles, the crowds are big and the dealers are ending the day with big smiles.

The lines started to thin out at about 1 pm; people did have to wait 30-60 minutes to get in; the promoter told me that only 200 people were allowed in there at a time. He's not aware if there's any "covid policy police" to insure the policies, but he does his best to comply.  The show was solid for me, and there also were a few good buying opportunities.

By the way, the Canton show in late June usually has a full bloom Cosplay contest, usually starting around 2 pm.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, 1Cool said:

Naw - wasn’t a very pretty con and there was almost no cosplay people.  There was about 25 dealers with an assortment of very nice books but mostly low end $2/$5 type of stuff.  Way too many people for the size of the hall.

People are so hungry for things to do especially where we are. Hope everyone stays safe but I suspect attendance to all shows will be much higher due to the lack of them. 

I am in Cleveland in a couple weeks for work and saw this show, too bad my schedule is set or I would have tried.

At the bottom of the attached flyer is the promoter's website for future shows.  There's one on the 14th of March in Columbus, and another in Canton on April 11th. My next Ohio show I'll see setting up is in late June in Canton.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, 1Cool said:

Whatcha get?

35 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Whatcha get?

I picked up a long box of books from 4 dealers I always hit up at these shows.  I ran out of steam since I'm sure I could have bought another long box of quality books if I wanted to hang out all day.  I'll take some quick pics this evening and show off some of the best stuff.  I'd say the best buy was a nice mid grade Forever People 1 for $20 and a Scarlett Witch Limited Series (1994) for $2.  All the dealers seemed very busy and there was a ton of money being thrown around!

On 3/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, Marksvint said:

The lines started to thin out at about 1 pm; people did have to wait 30-60 minutes to get in; the promoter told me that only 200 people were allowed in there at a time. He's not aware if there's any "covid policy police" to insure the policies, but he does his best to comply.  The show was solid for me, and there also were a few good buying opportunities.

By the way, the Canton show in late June usually has a full bloom Cosplay contest, usually starting around 2 pm.

Anyway you have a recent picture so I can put a name to a face?  I'm sure I've seen you at the shows but I don't know which booth was yours.