• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does shipping your bulk cards with Packing Slip lock in price?

6 posts in this topic

I know things are crazy right now with grading cards volume wise - and business' need to do what they must to continue grading, and that means price increases.

My question is; if I lock in a price (of $9 per card for example) and send off my cards with the packing slip - THEN the price increases - did I lock in my $9 a card price? Or will I have to pay the increased price?

Just want to know this so I can get my submissions in asap (unless Paul can assure me no more price increases for awhile, lol).

Thank you

• Administrator

No it does not guarantee the price. However, the last time we had a price change we let people know two weeks in advance to allow everyone the time to get anything in that they had been working on.

Paul

23 hours ago, PaulS. said:

No it does not guarantee the price. However, the last time we had a price change we let people know two weeks in advance to allow everyone the time to get anything in that they had been working on.

Paul

So when does a price fully get locked in? Because 80+ business days is a long time for the price to be raised from the time I send my items to when they come back D: @Paul S

Edited by Oreos

Hey Oreos,

I just looked into this a bit based on my own curiosity, and they noted how the price change is handled in the last news announcement. 

They indicated which 'delivered by' date would be the last to qualify for the old pricing and when new pricing would take affect - with inclusions for payment methods.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8838/cgc-trading-cards-2021-updates/

I would expect them to follow this protocol again.

20 hours ago, g4brown said:

Hey Oreos,

I just looked into this a bit based on my own curiosity, and they noted how the price change is handled in the last news announcement. 

They indicated which 'delivered by' date would be the last to qualify for the old pricing and when new pricing would take affect - with inclusions for payment methods.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8838/cgc-trading-cards-2021-updates/

I would expect them to follow this protocol again.

Thanks so much!!! So 'Delivered' basically means them picking it up and logging it, right? That would lock in the price? 

Appreciate it!! 

Yes, I would agree with that interpretation as it is the safest. 

There might be a valid inquiry to be had in the hypothetical that you only postmarked by the deliver date or if it was delivered, but not picked up by CGC in time.

It is definitely best not to risk, however, since they have given reasonable notice with their announcements so far.