• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I expect my cards back in 5 years?
2 2

146 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Def agree with that. 4 diff tat adjustment. Going from 30, to now 111 is jus unfair. Thats not basically 6 month wait. And then include how long it takes to open a bulk submissions. Man

Thing that sucks is I was pretty much baited. People were getting their bulk back for months with the 20-30 day times. And I saw that. So I submitted when the last person posted his bulk took 25 days. So I sent in the submission and the times increase every time it comes close to changing status...

I guess u don't understand what a estimate means either. Its basically a projection of when they think its gonna be. But 1 month and 6 months isn't no where near a estimate. Thats now jus throwing a number to have it up. U can never justify any of that so stop with, "its jus a estimate" excuses

1 minute ago, Sp33dy said:

I guess u don't understand what a estimate means either. Its basically a projection of when they think its gonna be. But 1 month and 6 months isn't no where near a estimate. Thats now jus throwing a number to have it up. U can never justify any of that so stop with, "its jus a estimate" excuses

Yep, I consider a estimated 5-10 days max.

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

Y'all realized that the solution to this problem is to raise prices, right? It's a supply/demand function with a capacity that isn't easily raised. Every day around here is a new lesson in economics 101.

4 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I hope so, need to get folks out of the line one way or another, so if you want to bail...

Lol. Gotcha, Economics pro. All's I'm saying is you should probably expect people to voice some concern with wild fluctuations in what is essentially your only product. Bait and switch is a valid argument here and has more than enough precedence. 

And by all means, let me step out of line and decrease the waiting time. That is also "economics 101." Let me take my time, products and money elsewhere

Yes, I agree it sucks - but you're acting like they can control how many people are throwing bulk cards at them. They are 50%+ cheaper than any other grading company, obviously when PSA upped their prices CGC was going to take a massive amount of business from people switching over. Theres nothing they can do except hire more graders..which they're doing if you check their careers page. It is what it is, you just have to wait

1 minute ago, Abeyea said:

Lol. Gotcha, Economics pro. All's I'm saying is you should probably expect people to voice some concern with wild fluctuations in what is essentially your only product. Bait and switch is a valid argument here and has more than enough precedence. 

And by all means, let me step out of line and decrease the waiting time. That is also "economics 101." Let me take my time, products and money elsewhere

Free market, baby! Lmk where you find a lower TaT, especially for the price. When you do, though, everyone will move there and you'll be waiting in that line as well. There just isn't enough capacity in the entire INDUSTRY to meet the demand. 

4 minutes ago, Thebigbeerski said:

Im just sitting here hoping that they continue to work on early december. It has got to be close for people in that submission timeframe. 

Yeah, has to be. That big of a jump, they must have crunched some numbers and needed to throw up a stop sign before it gets even crazier.

8 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

Free market, baby! Lmk where you find a lower TaT, especially for the price. When you do, though, everyone will move there and you'll be waiting in that line as well. There just isn't enough capacity in the entire INDUSTRY to meet the demand. 

I’m not sure why so many people didn’t see this coming. My friend and I had a conversation back in Early July 2020 that there was no way the wait times would not balloon in a relatively short amount of time for CGC cards. 🤷 

U guys always jump to the, well they should.raise prices that will help. No it won't jus more money to take and keep the wait. They should really hire ppl and not say they are. ND WHEN THEY FIX THE ISSUES AND BRING THE TAT BACK DOWN THEN TALK ABOUT RAISING PRICES. NOT BEFORE 

6 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I’m not sure why so many people didn’t see this coming. My friend and I had a conversation back in Early July 2020 that there was no way the wait times would not balloon in a relatively short amount of time for CGC cards. 🤷 

Its because a bunch of people wrote off CGC Trading Cards as soon as they launched. The die hard "other" grading company people. And then it all went down hill for them with wait times and such, so they started to migrate and flooded CGC along with the flippers and scalpers. This, along with people actually realizing that CGC is a solid grading service for trading cards. They are demanding top dollar now, just look at that Blastiose that sold for some 300k+.

2 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

U guys always jump to the, well they should.raise prices that will help. No it won't jus more money to take and keep the wait. They should really hire ppl and not say they are. ND WHEN THEY FIX THE ISSUES AND BRING THE TAT BACK DOWN THEN TALK ABOUT RAISING PRICES. NOT BEFORE 

Because that is what will stop with the bulk order issue they are having now. Also, bro, all you do is complain, if you have an issue why not try to contact Paul on the forums, or call CGC directly. You are becoming stale with your every day complaints