• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I expect my cards back in 5 years?
2 2

146 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

U guys always jump to the, well they should.raise prices that will help. No it won't jus more money to take and keep the wait. They should really hire ppl and not say they are. ND WHEN THEY FIX THE ISSUES AND BRING THE TAT BACK DOWN THEN TALK ABOUT RAISING PRICES. NOT BEFORE 

They are hiring like crazy and someone speculated that they are adding physical space. So did PSA. The processes involved in grading aren't easily scalable. If it were, there would be new entrants into the marketplace doing it better/faster. All the grading companies are watching mail trucks dump millions of cards in their warehouse, knowing there's just no way they can get to it quick enough. Back to econ 101, these are capacity constraints interacting with an industry with very high barriers of entry and low scalability of capacity. It's a linear function, which is why they can make the estimates in the first place, so long as they know how many cards are going to land in their lap. If those estimates on the # of cards coming in spike, I will let you figure out what it does to the linear function that spits out how long it will take for the order to come out.

Kinda shocked it jumped that far but at the same time, yeah they need to slow down people submitting. Their estimates are conservative though. I dont expect them to actually be 110 days since they are hiring more people and opening a new facility. All my standard orders been going through but the bulk has been painfully slow.

I would just would give up on bulk though. Not every hyper rare from a new set is worth grading and thats probably what CGC wants to wade out. All these 5-10 amazing rares dont deserve a case.

4 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

They are hiring like crazy and someone speculated that they are adding physical space. So did PSA. The processes involved in grading aren't easily scalable. If it were, there would be new entrants into the marketplace doing it better/faster. All the grading companies are watching mail trucks dump millions of cards in their warehouse, knowing there's just no way they can get to it quick enough. Back to econ 101, these are capacity constraints interacting with an industry with very high barriers of entry and low scalability of capacity. It's a linear function, which is why they can make the estimates in the first place, so long as they know how many cards are going to land in their lap. If those estimates on the # of cards coming in spike, I will let you figure out what it does to the linear function that spits out how long it will take for the order to come out.

Just ignore this guy. Talking to him is like walking to a wall. No matter how sound your logic is, hes just never going to listen. The people who dont adjust and sit around complaining arent worth an ounce of your energy.

5 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

This guy gets it!

2 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Each time my cards keep coming up to their turnaround estimate the estimate goes up a ton. It was originally 20-30 days when I submitted and now what 111 and keeps increasing. You need to fix the priority system because at the rate of increase we would never get our cards back.

Whenever the turnaround times increase I just automatically consider my order grandfathered into the new turnarounds. The way I see it, would you want a grader to take the proper time to give you the most accurate grade/market value? or do you just want it rushed w/ mistakes? Also, I've heard a new CGC Building is under construction. Can anyone confirm is this a receiving/shipping department? grading department? either way that's good news in my book (thumbsu

26 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

They are hiring like crazy and someone speculated that they are adding physical space. So did PSA. The processes involved in grading aren't easily scalable. If it were, there would be new entrants into the marketplace doing it better/faster. All the grading companies are watching mail trucks dump millions of cards in their warehouse, knowing there's just no way they can get to it quick enough. *snip*

Full article here:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8919/ccg-new-building/?utm_source=The Mx Group&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=21-CCG-0705&mkt_tok=NjY2LUtGWi04MjIAAAF7nlcMkHbIh5Wa_opt_vNCu3pb1NhLcgFYSinxkqIIscacq6jMzovu3aRuddhy3ymY81VVv5-mbUfEoTJ9-ZRqHbjV5xzCcVgZoQsTIsxL

The Certified Collectibles Group Expands Sarasota Footprint to 82,000 Square Feet  NGC.png

2 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Each time my cards keep coming up to their turnaround estimate the estimate goes up a ton. It was originally 20-30 days when I submitted and now what 111 and keeps increasing. You need to fix the priority system because at the rate of increase we would never get our cards back.

People keep sending in more cards despite the price increases. At first, it made people shudder at the thought of how much they were going to spend. Now it looks like people don’t care about the price and even more are sending in at higher tiers to get cards back faster. If you sent your cards in at a lower tier then there’s nothing you can really do, you’ll always be prioritized last compared to people who paid 2-8x as much as you did.  Last I heard they just expanded their facilities and are still hiring so until that’s up and running at full capacity you can’t expect TATs to drop dramatically.

You’re not alone in this. My wait times have doubled overnight as well. I’m just choosing to deal with it and just enjoy collecting in the meantime. 

We don't expect TATs to drop dramatically but we do expect our cards to be done close to the original estimation. Not go from 1 month to 2 months to 3 months to 4 months to 6 months. And than when it gets to 6 months 1 year. Than to 5 years. All because the priority isn't ever catching up to the bulk. I wouldn't of sent so much if I knew it wasn't a 20-30 day turnaround. 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

I mean the least they could do is prioritize the people that submitted cards before Feb 16 when they changed the policy to not having to pay until the cards go into grading. I understand they are backed up and the turn around times keep getting extended, and I would be perfectly ok with that if I didn't have to pay until they reached the grading phase, but that fact that CGC has had hundreds and hundreds of my dollars for nearly 5 months while just continuing to change the turn around times is almost criminal. I mean come on, you took my money and gave me an estimate... I get estimates are just estimates but holding my money for 5 months when I paid for a 1 month service is crazy. 

1 hour ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

We don't expect TATs to drop dramatically but we do expect our cards to be done close to the original estimation. Not go from 1 month to 2 months to 3 months to 4 months to 6 months. And than when it gets to 6 months 1 year. Than to 5 years. All because the priority isn't ever catching up to the bulk. I wouldn't of sent so much if I knew it wasn't a 20-30 day turnaround. 

PSA says hi lol  

1 hour ago, C2N0 said:

I was just about to ask for a link. Great read and insight. Just like I said, they hired a bunch of people and bought new floor space, but they still have to train them and work the kinks out.

I totally understand, but being pushed forward every single time it gets close just feels deceptive. Because if they keep the same method in place the people submitting now will be out until 3 years from now. Mine as well not have estimates if they are not close to accurate. 

4 hours ago, Thebigbeerski said:

Because that is what will stop with the bulk order issue they are having now. Also, bro, all you do is complain, if you have an issue why not try to contact Paul on the forums, or call CGC directly. You are becoming stale with your every day complaints

Don't complain everyday and tired of the cgc bandwagons that try to force everyone to accept things. I'm being realistic with what I say. Ur not and want everyone to feel how u do. I'm being honest with my assessment and don't mind stuff. But I say be transparent with things and figure things out before u make alot of customers mad. If u knew that 77 days was not possible in this time it should've been raised along time ago to a more reasonable time. Ppl that jus submitted yesterday thinking 77 days was reasonable tat for their bulk. And then today see 111 days. Thats already an extra 2 months from yesterday. Might be reasonable to u but doesn't mean we are wrong for finding that unreasonable 

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

Don't complain everyday and tired of the cgc bandwagons that try to force everyone to accept things. I'm being realistic with what I say. Ur not and want everyone to feel how u do. I'm being honest with my assessment and don't mind stuff. But I say be transparent with things and figure things out before u make alot of customers mad. If u knew that 77 days was not possible in this time it should've been raised along time ago to a more reasonable time. Ppl that jus submitted yesterday thinking 77 days was reasonable tat for their bulk. And then today see 111 days. Thats already an extra 2 months from yesterday. Might be reasonable to u but doesn't mean we are wrong for finding that unreasonable 

Can you please explain to me how CGC would know that PSA was going to double their prices, thereby increasing the cards being submitted significantly? They can't just poof the cards into the slabs. I get it, your patience is being tested. It seems you cannot comprehend the challenge that is being faced and it's weird. It's just weird. You're gonna really lose it on the next price hike, aren't you?

22 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Free market, baby! Lmk where you find a lower TaT, especially for the price. When you do, though, everyone will move there and you'll be waiting in that line as well. There just isn't enough capacity in the entire INDUSTRY to meet the demand. 

The cost of the cards themselves + grading fees being tied up indefinitely is outweighing whatever increase in value the cards initially would've gained through grading. As most people don't like floating a company money for 6+ months I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't in violation of the FTC 30-day rule. 

23 hours ago, William-James88 said:

image.thumb.png.2df8956b4fb97f702ff94c64e73ff190.png

I've seen that picture a few times now. Almost 400% increase isn't close. So to be fair most of the complaining is justifiable to some degree. It's subjective to an extent such as one day compared to four but I'm not sure any reasonable person would consider 30 business days close to 111.Screenshot_20210313-090156__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.a9a889a28191e440e2cef0d49437df54.jpg

ting on people for being frustrated isn't really much better than reading about their frustration when it's justifiable. Everyone isn't financially in the same place, we don't know what everyone else's motives for grading may be so a massive increase may be fine for some and not for others. So seeing it from each other's perspectives would go a long way.

I would think limiting submissions might be the key here until they get a handle on it.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat