• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I expect my cards back in 5 years?
2 2

146 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2021 at 12:12 AM, SilentMonkee said:

I hope so, I just want to be able to buy a few packs for my kids when we go to the store.  I can't find any pokemon cards at my local retail store.

As for wait time.  I just did my first sub yesterday.  I found a few boxes of 1st edition base set a few weeks ago cleaning house, a little research lead me to grading.  Since we are talking about 1st ed Charizard, I submitted one using WK, and 38 base set 1st ed holo using EX, and 150 high price base set using economy.  95% of my sub should come back over 8.  I considered using standard over economy, and decided against it, I didn't need the card back quick, so there is really no reason for me pay $2k more just to have them back early to sit inside boxes, I will likely still have to pay up charge because many of the high price common goes over $400 if graded at 8, but hey if they are worth more I will pay for that, not for faster service.

I will send the rest of 1000 1st ed base cards slowly.  Probably submit 200 to bulk every week, that way they will space out a month each when they are graded lol since the line is growing so fast :)

Anyways, I am not going to complaint about CGC, the Charizard will cost me over $3k to grade at PSA, it's less than $200 with WK at CGC and most of it is insurance.

haha i cant tell if this entire paragraph is made up or not. I hope its real tho

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Coming from the troll. You grow the hell up. You comment on my posts to get a reaction. When all I want is the service to be what we paid for.

Incorrect. I comment on your posts to correct misinformation.

You literally paid for an "estimation". You need to learn that the only guarantees in life are death and taxes. Educate yourself.

Shining is still very upset everybody. Lmao. 

Right now the temporary wait is only going to benefit us. They’re using the time to set up a bigger shop and properly train people to grade your cards professionally. Could they lessen TATs by letting a few of these people out on the grading floor ahead of time? Sure. But don’t come crying back to these forums when your card gets docked more points than it should have, or even worse gets damaged, by someone that missed a week of training to get your card back faster to you. 

Yea at some point the "its just an estimate" has to be further justified, bc if I was going to wait 111 days when i paid for 30-60, might as well have gone to a different grading service. To be out a couple thousand dollars in submission fees with a time table to recoup that investment in mind simply to be told that due to popularity increase there's nothing that can be done about your estimates doubling/tripling... Have to offer something, or temporarily suspend taking express orders that keep pushing everything back. Whole hobby is a money grab right now but only grading company's and scalpers getting to enjoy the profits.

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Incorrect. I comment on your posts to correct misinformation.

You literally paid for an "estimation". You need to learn that the only guarantees in life are death and taxes. Educate yourself.

Maybe, in your messed up reality :D I never said a Guarantee but a estimation should at least be a relatively close number. The way it is set up it pushes bulk over and over anytime another set of orders comes in ahead of bulk. So truthfully it could be 10+ years until people get any bulk back. 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

27 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Maybe, in your messed up reality :D I never said a Guarantee but a estimation should at least be a relatively close number. The way it is set up it pushes bulk over and over anytime another set of orders comes in ahead of bulk. So truthfully it could be 10+ years until people get any bulk back. 

Sir please go outside and tend to the flowers lol 10 years is being dramatic. At a certain point people will just stop sending cards if it takes that long, and business will shift back to existing competitors like PSA, Beckett, or SGC. Everybody will be waiting months to get their stuff back anyways. 

29 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

hm

The upside if TAT’s were to take ten years would be that it’s a safe, secure, and relatively low cost way to store one’s collectibles.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, ShiningCollectibles said:

Each time my cards keep coming up to their turnaround estimate the estimate goes up a ton. It was originally 20-30 days when I submitted and now what 111 and keeps increasing. You need to fix the priority system because at the rate of increase we would never get our cards back.

I have to assume, for your cards, submitted with a 20-30 dat TAT, it is still 20-30, but the newer subs have the higher TAT. I sent mine in, and decided to just hibernate.

30 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

hm

The upside if TAT’s were to take ten years would be that it’s a safe, secure, and relatively low cost way to store one’s collectibles.

You know, that is the only thing I read in the last half-hour that even begins to make sense!

4 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

I have to assume, for your cards, submitted with a 20-30 dat TAT, it is still 20-30, but the newer subs have the higher TAT. I sent mine in, and decided to just hibernate.

Okay so I'm willing to put this to the test, for Express and Standard at least. When I submitted my first EX it was a 15 day TAT that got lowered to 11. On day 10, I was scheduled for grading and the TAT went up to 22 day. On day 12, it was shipped back. I still have one standard order that was received when the TAT was 25 days, and an express that was received when TAT was 11. If stuff is getting "grandfathered" in, My express should be in grading by the 25th and my standard by the 31st.

This is assuming all runs according to plan though, and I'm not holding my breath for that haha.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, Ron Churches said:

Y'all realized that the solution to this problem is to raise prices, right? It's a supply/demand function with a capacity that isn't easily raised. Every day around here is a new lesson in economics 101.

Bgs charges 150-200 per card for 10-15+ day turnaround. Its nuts right now and if cgc can get it together with their reputation they should profit. Hire more graders I mean its not that hard of a job right?

2 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Bgs charges 150-200 per card for 10-15+ day turnaround. Its nuts right now and if cgc can get it together with their reputation they should profit. Hire more graders I mean its not that hard of a job right?

We’re paying a premium for knowledge and expertise most people don’t have, so even if they hire newbies they still need to train them on what to look for. CGC 10s are notoriously hard to get, so if untrained graders start flooding the market with 10s by being lenient then the value of everyone’s collection goes down. 

16 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

That's how logic works. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

If you think that is logic. I think that is a bad business model. But all are my opinions. It's really gonna push away good customers for a select few.

Good, then those "select few" (that understand how tiers work) can enjoy the lack of baseless emotional and illogical TAT complaints.

Edited by Angel of Death