• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I expect my cards back in 5 years?
2 2

146 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Good, then those "select few" who understand how tiers work can enjoy the lack of baseless emotional and illogical TAT complaints.

Those "select few" the minor amount of people who only pay to get expensive cards graded to flip which won't last forever. A majority of people who invest into businesses don't like lies/deception. Has nothing to do with emotion. It just has to do if I was told repeatedly at Target or Walmart that it was gonna be 30 days estimated 55 65 75 77 81 111 and it kept going up I'd never shop with them again. It is business 101.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

4 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Those "select few" a majority of people who invest into businesses don't like lies/deception. Has nothing to do with emotion. It just has to do if I was told repeatedly at Target or Walmart that it was gonna be 30 days estimated 55 65 75 77 81 111 and it kept going up I'd never shop with them again. It is business 101.

CGC has provided 0 lies/deception. People have already explained to you - en masse - what an "estimate" is.

Business 101: Customers who pay for a quicker service get a quicker service. Lower tiers do not get afforded luxury based on emotional and illogical complaints.

Edited by Angel of Death

I wonder if they could speed up training and grading if they had one person specialize in corners, one in surface, one in centering and one in edges.  It would add 3 people to the whole 'handling your card' business, increasing risk of wear and damage, and their processes would have to really be bulletproof so nothing gets misplaced or recorded incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

CGC has provided 0 lies/deception. People have already explained to you - en masse - what an "estimate" is.

Business 101: Customers who pay for a quicker service get a quicker service. Lower tiers do not get afforded luxury based on emotional and illogical complaints.

Yea, a date close to the time. 5 months isn't close to the time. Estimates are suppose to be relatively close. Good thing you aren't in charge of CGC because these claims about it being emotional would definitely hurt things.

Just now, Holku said:

I wonder if they could speed up training and grading if they had one person specialize in corners, one in surface, one in centering and one in edges.  It would add 3 people to the whole 'handling your card' business, increasing risk of wear and damage, and their processes would have to really be bulletproof so nothing gets misplaced or recorded incorrectly.

Does such a person even exist?

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Yea, a date close to the time. 5 months isn't close to the time. Good thing you aren't in charge of CGC because these claims about it being emotional would definitely hurt things.

Incorrect. If I was in charge of CGC, I would disregard emotional responses to factual statements. 2c

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Incorrect. If I was in charge of CGC, I would disregard emotional responses to factual statements. 2c

I'm just going to ignore you because they should of muted you by now. I'm sure there is laws about this by now. Actual, legalities or I assume so.

19 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Incorrect.

I'm not sure about services, but there are laws in regards to goods and the amount of time you have to provide the customer with them from receipt of payment. Wouldn't be unreasonable to imagine there is something regarding services as well.

29 minutes ago, Holku said:

I guess, but that’s a lot of hands for one card to be graded. They’d probably have to be graded in batches and sent station to station which adds moving time.

Also, specialized training won’t help graders with being well rounded in their expertise, so they may make poor judgement if they get moved to surface for a day and all they routinely know is corners. 

1 minute ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm not sure about services, but there are laws in regards to goods and the amount of time you have to provide the customer with them from receipt of payment. Wouldn't be unreasonable to imagine there is something regarding services as well.

Show us the receipts 😂 

6 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

CGC has been around for 2 decades. They know what they're doing. :)

6 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

Show us the receipts 😂 

Not sure where you're going with that.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

CGC has been around for 2 decades. They know what they're doing. :)

They probably do, but you'd be surprised some of the things that consumer laws have let people sue over.

2 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

They probably do, but you'd be surprised some of the things that consumer laws have let people sue over.

I'm going to forgo the legal conversation. That'll get this thread shut down real quick. Maybe it should be shut down, though. lol