• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Super Stories Thread
3 3

110 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

I think this one was pencilled by Kirby and inked by Romita, although Spider-Man looks more like Romita solo.  I don't think the King ever really got the hang of drawing Spidey.

This ole Spidey's getting shaky, this ole Spidey's getting old... :banana:

On 3/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

I can't believe there are so many of these I haven't seen before! I am going to have to scoop all of these up after the weird hype around #1 dies down. Romita Sr is for sure a favorite of mine!

Why do you consider the hype around #1 weird? It's a Spider-Man first issue that predates Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man. 

If you meant hype around #11, then yeah, that's kinda nuts...

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Why do you consider the hype around #1 weird? It's a Spider-Man first issue that predates Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man. 

If you meant hype around #11, then yeah, that's kinda nuts...

It's a key and it will always be valuable but right now there is some additional hype around the fact that a black kid gets spider-powers in it temporarily. Even though we never hear from him again afaik. It's the first black Spider-Man! For a few weeks at least until people realize this bit of trivia isn't really important and it settles back down to being an expensive back issue but not a $75 one

2 minutes ago, comic_memories said:

I doubt it lasts for only a few weeks, its another significant first, long before Miles Morales and #11  is also the first Spider-woman. Those are big deals in this hobby.      

sss 1a.jpg

Mark me down as a doubter and I guess we'll see. As it stands I'm selling my VF copy and hoping that'll buy me a NM copy in a few months lol 

Miles isn't important because he's black. Or because he's Hispanic. He's important because fans love the character. How many pretty much anonymous characters that appear once and only once have a first appearance that's a draw because they're in it? I think this will settle back down to what its value was when its value came from the Romita Sr cover and the fact tat it's the 2nd Spider-Man monthly even if not in continuity