• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultramega by James Harren - Image/Skybound

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Anybody read the first issue yet? Looks and sounds pretty ambitious from the reviews I've seen so far. I'll check back in after swinging by my LCS later today.

I picked it up but not had a chance to read it yet.  Once I do I will update.

6 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I picked it up but not had a chance to read it yet.  Once I do I will update.

Holy :censored: that was intense. The art, too. Wow. Can't believe he's pumping out another 60+ pages next month. The book is like a TPB.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Holy :censored: that was intense. The art, too. Wow. Can't believe he's pumping out another 60+ pages next month. The book is like a TPB.

I was not expecting it to be a mini-graphic novel for sure.  And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

I was not expecting it to be a mini-graphic novel for sure.  And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Crazy. He mentioned in the letters page that he didn’t want to try to cram his art and story into 20 page increments. It was an enjoyable 60 pages, IMO. The imagery really takes the story to a different level.  

6 hours ago, Crops068 said:

There is an AttackPeter cover coming today from Skybound's Comic Vault Live.  Will also be a super limited print as well (85 I believe).

ULTRAMEGA #1 Attack Peter Cover

175 of 9.8 for $75 each

85 of the prints for $50 each

I am digging the cover art.

For some reason I thought this was at 4:30/7:30, so I missed the Invincibles. Think I got the last 2 Ultramegas. Sold out as soon as I finished checking out. 

7 hours ago, Crops068 said:

There is an AttackPeter cover coming today from Skybound's Comic Vault Live.  Will also be a super limited print as well (85 I believe).

ULTRAMEGA #1 Attack Peter Cover

175 of 9.8 for $75 each

85 of the prints for $50 each

I am digging the cover art.

Both sold out AND @bigclutch had AttackPeter on his CVL it was pretty awesome.  He did another print just to show the process live.  It will be auctioned as a 1 of 1 for CVL for charity later on.

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

For some reason I thought this was at 4:30/7:30, so I missed the Invincibles. Think I got the last 2 Ultramegas. Sold out as soon as I finished checking out. 

Oh the Invincibles went in 30 seconds.  I grabbed both a print and one of the CGCs.  He said there were 9.9s of the Ultramegas but with the new shipping in place (handled out of Tennessee I believe) they don't have the same ability to random swap like he did before.  So many the 9.9s will come out some other way later on.

9 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Oh the Invincibles went in 30 seconds.  I grabbed both a print and one of the CGCs.  He said there were 9.9s of the Ultramegas but with the new shipping in place (handled out of Tennessee I believe) they don't have the same ability to random swap like he did before.  So many the 9.9s will come out some other way later on.

lol not surprising. I’ve got my stuff saved to auto fill just to avoid something like that. I’ll have to keep my eyes out for the 9.9 UM 

59 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Both sold out AND @bigclutch had AttackPeter on his CVL it was pretty awesome.  He did another print just to show the process live.  It will be auctioned as a 1 of 1 for CVL for charity later on.

You really scored - not 85 prints but only 10!!!

10 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Looks like quite a few made the 9.9 and 10.0 cut.

1857888651_ScreenShot2021-04-06at10_05_19PM.png.e44ed3908a4b7b8800afa5fd9d3f7ff4.png

@bigclutch mentioned there were 9.9 and 10s but with the new shipping with all CVL items (guessing out of Tennessee) that there wasn't an easy way currently to do the "upgrade program" of the previous books.