• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

THis is insane.  

Yeah.  I still play my PS4.  I will continue to do so until things settle down.  I’m in no hurry...

I was able to get one using the Walmart app. I just spam the add to cart and "ok" button from the could not add to cart error message until my phone vibrates which means I carted the ps5. I then click the cart button and spam the Place order button until I get all the way through.

Amazon should be restocking around 40k units this week or next.

Edited by 500hpAudiS4

I can wait.

I prefer to wait until the middle or late period of a console's lifespan, in order to pick up loads of cheap but excellent games.  For Playstation that's mainly the Platinum or Classics series.

For me, the emphasis is on cheap entertainment.  Easy then not to get worked up about what happens at the start of a cycle, as with this particular complication.

It is very unfortunate that these are not readily available by now and secondary market prices are still so high. I actually picked up 2 from Gamestop within 5 seconds of each other as both my wife and myself kept refreshing the page from different devices. I was surprised that both orders went through. We figured there would be a limit of one per household. Received both and ended up selling the second PS5 to my son's classmate at our cost. 

7 minutes ago, mrbarlint said:

It is very unfortunate that these are not readily available by now and secondary market prices are still so high. I actually picked up 2 from Gamestop within 5 seconds of each other as both my wife and myself kept refreshing the page from different devices. I was surprised that both orders went through. We figured there would be a limit of one per household. Received both and ended up selling the second PS5 to my son's classmate at our cost. 

I had checked eBays website yesterday, just for fun.  They were over 4500 PS5 being sold for twice the retail...or more.  I understand that ebay is attempting to control some of that...I don’t know for sure.  I closed my eBay account last year so I don’t follow them.

2 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I had checked eBays website yesterday, just for fun.  They were over 4500 PS5 being sold for twice the retail...or more.  I understand that ebay is attempting to control some of that...I don’t know for sure.  I closed my eBay account last year so I don’t follow them.

While I still purchase from eBay, I closed my "Emporium of Fine Goods and Products" for sale as they changed their methods. Not comfortable with tying in my banking info with social security number. But, that's just me.

8 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Those guys are going to regret holding the inventory too long when retail supply meets demand

Well, I’ve decided to stop checking restocks.  I think I can find better things to do...like talk about comic books. lol

I’ll be waiting until I can get one off the shelf, or when a restock won’t spell out in seconds.  My PS4 is getting used a lot lately...I don’t need the PS5 right now.  Still not paying scalped prices though!!!:banana: