• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm all over it.  Haven't been successful with a drop yet.  Actually survived the 'que' on Sony Direct the other day...no luck.  (shrug)

Just now, xvipah said:

lol, at 3pm I could not add to cart cause it was out of stock. Apparently the bots haven't stopped yet.

Every ten minutes....

Just now, Wolverinex said:

This is insane.  I just tried and got to add to cart, but then after I added it . it says it went out of stock.  I almost think it may be worth paying a stupid scalper  who is selling it at the lowest price to not deal with this lunacy. 

Don't do it!!!!

Puppy scream internally.jpg

3 minutes ago, xvipah said:

Seriously, I refresh right at 3:20, button appears, I hit it, it's out of stock.

Not even worth my time at this point. I'll hold off.

2 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Don't do it!!!!

Puppy scream internally.jpg

Honestly, its not human at this point . THey are using scripts or bots to take them.  

Just now, xvipah said:

Seriously, I refresh right at 3:20, button appears, I hit it, it's out of stock.

Not even worth my time at this point. I'll hold off.

I'm updating my sales threads here so I can multi-task.  Not like I'm gonna go commit hari kari on my computer if I don't get one today.

aabb1e8c5fc46040a829aa1f00ca3792.jpg

Still going, but it's a joke.  I passed up the other Wal-Mart drops...now I know why. (shrug)  It's all good.  Still not paying scalped prices. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

The Gamestops in Canada EB GAMES have them in stock in store. I was there a week ago and they had several, they were just forcing you to buy the headset or an extra controller. so I would suggest checking those stores in your area if they are open.

Yeah, nothing on the shelves here.  When it’s in stock, it has to be ordered online...for now. 😷