• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, Diamonddave said:

Forspoken is getting some "meh" reviews. 

Just looked at one that described it as 'an exceptionally middling experience'. lol

For anyone who still plays on PC, I highly recommend picking up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order from Steam. It's $4USD on sale at the moment, normally $50, I believe. For those in Oz, it's 5 bucks. This is a great game, and a bargain at only 4 or 5 dollars! 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:26 PM, Diamonddave said:

, RE 4 remake

Yup. Read very good things about this one. Seems to be a year for quality remakes. 

In March I finally caved and got a PS+ Extra sub for a year.  Had just finished Horizon Forbidden West, which was a lot of fun.  Glad I did as I was thinking of grabbing God of War Ragnarok but wanted to try God of War first, as I'd never played it.  Instead, I detoured and spent many hours with Death Stranding, an altogether different game which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Once I'd had my fill there, I loaded up GoW and started beating up dead guys and monsters.  Very entertaining and will likely grab Ragnarok later. Might play Miles Morales or the LOU remaster after I get tired of GoW side quests.

On 5/11/2023 at 8:19 PM, Transplant said:

after.I get tired of GoW side quests.

Have fun with the Valkyries, especially the leader.

On 5/11/2023 at 8:19 PM, Transplant said:

.  Instead, I detoured and spent many hours with Death Stranding, an altogether different game which I thoroughly enjoyed

Probably won’t ever play it, but a lot of the gameplay footage I’ve seen suggests there’s a lot of hiking around as a cross-country courier, baiting suggestions that “there’s a lot more to it than that”. Point is, I can find exploring, heading in a random direction in an RPG relaxing and an interesting diversion, so it really only seems a variation on that. (Unless I encounter something 50 levels above me and get annihilated, of course.)

On 3/18/2023 at 10:26 AM, Diamonddave said:

Diablo IV

Graphics look great but keeping my expectations low.  Engaging story and characters were never a Diablo strong point and the fun of grinding wears thin quickly… I am however excited for Hades 2 whenever it may arrive.  Really loved the first one.

On 5/11/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Probably won’t ever play it, but a lot of the gameplay footage I’ve seen suggests there’s a lot of hiking around as a cross-country courier, baiting suggestions that “there’s a lot more to it than that”. Point is, I can find exploring, heading in a random direction in an RPG relaxing and an interesting diversion, so it really only seems a variation on that. (Unless I encounter something 50 levels above me and get annihilated, of course.)

I'd say there is 2-3 hours of gameplay before you are hooked.  The secret sauce is that you actually contribute to and benefit from the progress of other players you never see.  The story is the driver, not the action per se.  

On 5/11/2023 at 2:19 PM, Transplant said:

Might play Miles Morales or the LOU remaster after I get tired of GoW side quests.

On 5/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Have fun with the Valkyries, especially the leader.

I did knock out all the Valkyries, but haven't dedicated myself to beating the queen yet.  

Instead, I did very quickly blaze through the LOU remaster on an easy setting.  Also, completed the story in Miles Morales.  It was fun. 

Decided to take a shot at something different and played through the story in The Quarrry.  It is basically a motion captured movie that is pick your own adventure style.  Decisions impact how the story ends and are supposedly lots and lots of different endings, although I think most of that is just whether some certain characters die or not.  I don't know if I will bother going back into the chapters and making different decisions or not.  

On 5/12/2023 at 2:29 AM, Poutine said:

Is the Diablo 2 remake working yet?

I don't know...I gave up on it back in November 2021.  That's $40 down the tubes...such a major disappointment.  I got it for PS5, but the problems were spread across multiple platforms.  I stopped following the Blizzard forums for it about a year ago.  It annoyed me so bad that I won't purchase/play Diablo 4.  Blizzard is just another company that's barely hanging on with all their problems.

After several months of free-roaming fun I’ve finally finished the PS5 upgrade version of Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty and New Game Plus.

Absolutely brilliant, masterpiece of an RPG game.  The story dialogue choices are very interesting, and trying to do the right thing doesn’t always lead to a happy conclusion.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:52 PM, Transplant said:

I did knock out all the Valkyries, but haven't dedicated myself to beating the queen yet.  

Instead, I did very quickly blaze through the LOU remaster on an easy setting.  Also, completed the story in Miles Morales.  It was fun. 

Decided to take a shot at something different and played through the story in The Quarry.  It is basically a motion captured movie that is pick your own adventure style.  Decisions impact how the story ends and are supposedly lots and lots of different endings, although I think most of that is just whether some certain characters die or not.  I don't know if I will bother going back into the chapters and making different decisions or not.  

I ended up doing multiple playthroughs on the Quarry. I ended up finding online deals that told you the specific decisions you have to make during what chapters to get the different trophies and endings. Some of them just required restarting on a higher chapter # and changing one or two things. So while I felt accomplished in getting all the trophies/endings, it was very grindy and repetitive, and I wasted a lot of time after work for a week to a week and a half to do it. So, you're probably smart to not go down that rabbit hole. (:

On 7/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, Ken Aldred said:

After several months of free-roaming fun I’ve finally finished the PS5 upgrade version of Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty and New Game Plus.

Absolutely brilliant, masterpiece of an RPG game.  The story dialogue choices are very interesting, and trying to do the right thing doesn’t always lead to a happy conclusion.

An easy inclusion on the top 5 games of all time list for me, if not the holder of the number one spot.  One of the last games that my wife would sit down and watch me play just to see the dialogue and story, doesn’t get any better than that when video game time = together time.  A shame the TV show couldn’t capture the same magic.  Hopefully the Witcher 4 can whenever it may come.

I just picked up my Nintendo Switch for the first time in a year.  I bought that OLED model last winter for my commute but once I completed Metroid and SW Skywalker Saga I have not had much time to play. 

I just opened Zelda Breath of the Wild. (Yes the first one)...   I get the hype... Still a little lost at what to do... but it's amazing where this stuff has come since I first unwrapped the Legend of Zelda so many years ago. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/18/2023 at 11:50 PM, szav said:

An easy inclusion on the top 5 games of all time list for me, if not the holder of the number one spot.  One of the last games that my wife would sit down and watch me play just to see the dialogue and story, doesn’t get any better than that when video game time = together time.  A shame the TV show couldn’t capture the same magic.  Hopefully the Witcher 4 can whenever it may come.

Yup, The story’s great.

A lot of grey areas in the choices where you think one might be the most moral choice but it has disastrous consequences,

Spoiler

such as the Keira Metz tragedy,

but also the occasional one which doesn’t make sense for Geralt

Spoiler

such as Dykstra’s takeover and the sacrifice Geralt’s forced to make

That said, thoroughly enthralling, and one of the best value games I’ve ever played.

Edited by Ken Aldred