• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Im playing cyberpunk

Nice…haven’t played that one.  Yet.  Got Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion for free (PS5 downloads), so I’ve got a lot to do first. Lol.

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

I asked the same question..maybe a PS5 promo?? (shrug)  I do have a PSN account…$50 a year.  That might be the reason.

AND they're the PS4 versions…I think.

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I have that too, but not free... crazy 

I almost bought Valhalla before I saw that free download.  Lol

I’ve just read that price gouging has even started on PS4s here in the U.K.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve just read that price gouging has even started on PS4s here in the U.K.

Funny, I remember reading an article on the web (about the time I started this thread) that the UK was leading the charge to put a stop to the scalpers and robot accounts that keep buying up the PS5 as soon as it's available.  That's why it took me 5 months to get one at retail price.  I haven't followed up on the scalping, but I'm guessing it's still occurring...doh!

Edited by Galen130

On 8/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Still waiting here. Not hoping for this year, but really hoping I get one before they decide to cheap out and use another chipset

This. 

According to various articles, the new version is about 10 ounces lighter.  Hopefully that's due to actual improvements.....and not just from Sony cheapening up the production to cut costs.

Link

On 8/23/2021 at 11:44 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This. 

According to various articles, the new version is about 10 ounces lighter.  Hopefully that's due to actual improvements.....and not just from Sony cheapening up the production to cut costs.

Link

I read an article about this on Gamespot.  They mentioned a different mounting screw for the base…and nothing else?? (shrug) The first gen PS5 is a beast, but that’s mainly to house the massive cooling fan inside.  I don’t mind it…I have the digital version, so it’s a bit smaller and lighter already. 🤙

Edited by Galen130

On 8/24/2021 at 7:54 AM, Galen130 said:

I read an article about this on Gamespot.  They mentioned a different mounting screw for the base…and nothing else?? (shrug) The first gen PS5 is a beast, but that’s mainly to house the massive cooling fan inside.  I don’t mind it…I have the digital version, so it’s a bit smaller and lighter already. 🤙

Yeah......I think the only change that is public knowledge so far is the new mounting screw......so nobody really knows yet why it would be 10 ounces lighter.  

Some people are speculating that, after some real world use and analysis, perhaps Sony found that the huge heat sink might have been overkill and it's been scaled back.  But that's just people guessing.  I personally would rather have too much cooling going on rather than just enough.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:28 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Some people are speculating that, after some real world use and analysis, perhaps Sony found that the huge heat sink might have been overkill and it's been scaled back.  But that's just people guessing.  I personally would rather have too much cooling going on rather than just enough.

Hopefully they don’t take it too far in the opposite direction and create a successor to the XBox 360.